British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Most In-demand Riders For The 2017 Season

Most attractive riders will be those that have been here before, not done great but looking for a regular team place like Adam Skornicki, Tobiasz Musielak etc

Don't find either of them attractive

Prefer the ladies myself

Batch is on a low average but he is on a downward spiral as well. Lawson i'm just convinced is a small track rider. Lambert and Kurtz might be on high average but they could both be GP riders in the future which Lawson won't be. Kurtz I can see going on loan to either Leicester or a new team.

I'm no fan of Dickie the Gater but I reckon he's got far more improvement in him than Batchelor, Who looks a distant shadow of the rider he was. I think the DW accident and his subsequent MX crash in Australia have really affected him.

Amazing when you look at all these riders & their averages & Nick Morris had an up & down season but still averaged above them.

Most of the season he was a heat leader as well.

• Like 1

Amazing when you look at all these riders & their averages & Nick Morris had an up & down season but still averaged above them.

I would actually say that is insane because he just seemed to have poor season overall.

With the AGM starting on Monday just some of my thoughts for riders who will be in high demand(just top 5 riders). Would love an PL expert to way in for this.I will also put the top three most likely clubs in order.(1 being most likely, 3 being least)

Given the rapid progress he was starting to make , before he got injured , during the second half of the season . Whoever signs Dan Bewley on his low average and starts him at reserve , will be favourites for the PL title . Will also be interesting to see if Belle Vue use him as a fast track reserve , assuming this practice is still in place next season

Morris is a massively underrated rider. He was easily our best rider in 2015 and did more than enough in 2016 to justify a team place next season.

• Like 1

Morris is a massively underrated rider. He was easily our best rider in 2015 and did more than enough in 2016 to justify a team place next season.

I disagree i like Nick but he needs a new challenge now, keep him as a asset of course.
  • Like 1

Most riders average are false because of the race format being used hopefully this will be change for next season

They were talking about six man teams next season so if that happens it would be a new race format any way. If not then the race format certainly needs changing back to the old format and have one reserve riding at number seven who is protected and stays there all season. This should be a NL draft with a average no more than four.

If there is to be a cull on the top riders you will have riders like Lambert, Cook, Masters and King as number one riders and with Poland and Denmark looking to restrict riders to limited leagues, Britain would be low down on the list for many riders if they have contracts already in other countries.

While not having riders like Doyle, Iversen, Lindgren, Holder and Jonsson etc riding in Britain would be a blow, it would promote more spaces for British riders lower down and make the current top British riders much more vital and prolific to teams but must question if they would be allowed to double down if they are number one riders in the Elite League.

Doyle will be able to ride in the UK & has already signed a 2 yr deal with Swindon. His home league will be the UK I believe, other two Poland & Sweden.

Doyle will be able to ride in the UK & has already signed a 2 yr deal with Swindon. His home league will be the UK I believe, other two Poland & Sweden.

On an approx 14 point average I hear

On an approx 14 point average I hear

I heard the same not so long ago.

Fun times ahead!

In fairness to Doyle his average is a true average as he was beating number 1, 3 & 5's. I don't see why it should be altered.

Although I did hear a 50 point team building due to the reserves having ridiculous averages. As NKI tweeted, silly season is well & truly amongst us.

The only way I can see us going forward is a grading system & the old race format. Allow the riders to gain 'True averages'', keep these unpublished for the season & then confirm at the end of the year, This may allow for the correct average for a rider.

Edited by hyabb17

Although I did hear a 50 point team building due to the reserves having ridiculous averages. As NKI tweeted, silly season is well & truly amongst us.

Given the strongest team (Poole) finished with total averages of just over 46 and the weakest (Leicester) just over 37, I think someone is pulling your leg.

Didn't Adam Ellis ride as an EDR rider this year ? So why is his Average for next year deemed to be 5.60 ? Surely it should be either his PL Average pro rata ( if he had one ) or the average he entered into the season on as an EDR rider ?? Correct me if I am wrong ...

Cheers