British Speedway Forum

told you so if the rest of the team is as solid

I might go every week rumours are it will be

rye for the playoffs ?

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

::::::::

THE SECOND SIGNING: THE BOMBER HAS LANDED!

Team BMR is thrilled to announce the arrival of Chris Harris as the second Rye House signing for the club’s inaugural season in the BSPA Premiership.

The star known universally as “Bomber” joins record breaking 7-time British Champion Scott Nicholls in the Rockets’ squad announced so far, and himself arrives with a tremendous pedigree. A 3-time national champion, the Cornishman was part of the Grand Prix scene from 2007 through to the end of the most recent series. He has appeared in 103 rounds, famously winning the 2007 event in Cardiff with his dramatic passing of Greg Hancock on the very last bend, and was the 2010 World No.6.

His reputation as a racer with a never-say-die attitude who simply never gives up is also second to none.

He arrives in Hoddesdon following three successive years with Coventry, having earlier helped the Bees to three Elite League titles.

Rye House Co-Promoter Steve Jenson confides that, “The first time I met Chris was during a pre-meeting track walk at this year’s British Semi-Final at Scunthorpe. I was immediately impressed by the way he talked about the sport, and by his professional credentials.

“That stuck with me, and as soon I heard that Chris was looking for a winter move to new pastures I wanted him to be a part of the Team. Like Scott (Nicholls), he is going to be a key part of the squad, and like Scott he is going to bring much more to us than just the points he scores on the track.”

The rider himself was clearly a man in demand following the public announcement that he was leaving Brandon. “I have to say it was really nice to have all the phone calls and to feel really wanted. All bar two of the clubs in the new Premiership were interested in me.”

Bomber admits to not knowing too much about Team BMR prior to that point. “I remember the track walk at Scunthorpe, and I had also done a Pairs meeting (the 2015 season finale Pair of Aces) before that at Rye, but that was about it.

“What swung it, though, was when I sat down with Steve and Warren (Scott), and saw the way they think, the way they go about business as a professional club, and what is happening with the stadium and going forward. I liked the sound of what they were looking to achieve, and it seemed the perfect fit in terms of what we could offer each other as well as work with my race team.”

As for his aims for 2017, he says, “My first priority is to have a good season with Rye House. The team they are putting together sounds really good, and I am looking forward to being a part of it.

“I have also been talking to Rosco (Great Britain Team Manager Alun Rossiter) to keep my name in the hat. I want to force my way back into the World Cup squad, and to be a part of the qualifiers for the Grand Prix in order to get back into the series.”

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but did Harris and Nicholls have a falling out a while back?

Whats his average

Converts to 9,21.

Called it last night. Rye are building a good side. But lets just see who else you sign. And who else everyone else signs. But if you get Kennett which i imagine you will, soild top 3.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but did Harris and Nicholls have a falling out a while back?

Probably but I'm sure they're too professional to interfere with business - anyway are you postponing your move north for a year?

Harris on a technical track week in week out, hmmmmm

On paper a good signing but he can't gate for toffee which will be costly round Rye House

• Like 1

Converts to 9,21.

9.22, converted averages are rounded up.

Good signing, not as impressive as that of Nicholls as Harris can't trap and that's half the battle round Rye but he's an out and out racer, knows all the old EL tracks and generally does well on the domestic scene. We're showing signs of intent, looking forward to the rest of the announcements this week.

Harris on a technical track week in week out, hmmmmm

On paper a good signing but he can't gate for toffee which will be costly round Rye House

Track record holder some years back

9.22, converted averages are rounded up.

Good signing, not as impressive as that of Nicholls as Harris can't trap and that's half the battle round Rye but he's an out and out racer, knows all the old EL tracks and generally does well on the domestic scene. We're showing signs of intent, looking forward to the rest of the announcements this week.

Thanks.

Edited by tocha