British Speedway Forum

Brilliant signing in watt.

I'm pleased with the way the promotion are handling the announcements. If Watt had been first up it would have been somewhat disappointing, but knowing he will probably be a second string (Kennett must be a part of the team) shows how good his signing is in the context of team building so far. I'd expect Kennett's return to be the icing on the cake come Friday. As for tomorrow, I have the feeling it's going to be Schlein. Perhaps the Jorgensen rumour was just a rumour after all. Not that I'd be disappointed if it is Schlein. If that turns out to be right we could see every member of the top five wearing the number one on his back at some point of the campaign.

That would leave 7.55 for the reserves. If we have a two pointer then we have up to 5.55 to sign our top reserve, there's nobody better for the role than Branford however between Branford's 4.6 and the 5.55 left realistically, leaving us with 2.95.

I like Schlein but really hope we go NBJ, Gives us more points and were looking like Dads Army at the moment

If you add Kennett, Schlein and Branford I don't think it would matter who the number seven was.

• Like 3

Undecided on Watt. Could go either way.

Wouldn't touch Schlein at all, low average but has had way too many bad injuries & had zero confidence last season. I don't want another season watching a rider poodle it round the line & back off when they get close to other riders. Had that last season in Lanham. Nothing more infuriating.

Would prefer a Jorgensen, Berge, Busk Jackobsen. Young & fearless. Side looks like it could do with a bit of youth as well.

You must be smoking the Waco baco!!! :o

Problem is mate, he's right.

I'm not getting carried away until I see the final line ups of all the teams, including ours. Some people on Rye FB talking of play offs and even the league title. It's way too early to even think about that. A season of consolidation will do me.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 4

Shads is right, no point getting too excited just yet... Seeing as no matter whats going on throughout the season, teams (especially Poole) will strengthen going into the playoffs...
Don't blame them for doing it either, rules are there, up to the Promoters to work it to their advantage.

Edited by RPNYC

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE::

::::::::

THE THIRD SIGNING: WATT A CAPTURE!

Australian star Davey Watt has become the latest rider to sign for the new-look BMR Rockets over a decade on from his previous spot at the club in 2004.

The highly popular stalwart from Townsville in Victoria State returns to Rye House following subsequent associations with Eastbourne (three years), Lakeside (also three) and Poole, where seven seasons have roped in no less than five Elite League championships. The Aussie has also collected three World Cup Silver and one Bronze medal during his career.

He arrives in Hertfordshire with a 5.40 average which converts to a handy 7.56 more than determined to rebound from a 2016 campaign that was affected by off-track matters but which now leaves him with what looks like a clearly understated average.

Rye House Co-Promoter Steve Jenson sets the scene on Watts return to Hoddesdon, saying that Davey actually came to us during this last season asking if we could help him get a Premier League place. That didnt prove possible, but he also wanted to be part of Team BMR for 2017 regardless of what League we were in.

Hes such a long established rider in this country were talking fifteen years now and hes become a permanent resident, which effectively makes him an honourary Brit and ideal for the Team spirit we want to build in 2017.

He is also absolutely determined to get back to where he should be. We believe hes on a false average and is going to push the rest of the top-end to give us another potential No.1.

His reputation as a Team man goes before him, too. Hes another captain in our side, and he is definitely a rider who is worth much more than just the points he scores on the track.

The man himself adds, It feels great to be back in the Rockets line-up, and I couldnt be happier with the way Steve and the club are approaching next season.

Theres so much Im looking forward to as well. The Team is fantastic, and the plans for the winter at the stadium look amazing. Its truly refreshing to have people this passionate about the future leading the Team.

Ive got some friends joining me in the side as well, so thats brilliant news for Team spirit and Im already keen for it to all start.

I think the Team will be a fans favourite and definitely score some points at home and on the road!

Im in Australia now, practicing and testing, and am loving being on a bike. It all looks rosy for the new season and I cant wait!

A permanent resident living in Australia.

How does that work then?😀😀

ive got to say im sort of impressed looks like rye building a decent team by the three listed so far

but the other 4 might be national league standard going by some rye teams recently

but i wish them well with what i8s a bit of a gamble mooving leagues but could also be great for the club as there in the right area for the more southern bassed elite leagus that was

probably should have jumped leagues a few years ago

Shads is right, no point getting too excited just yet... Seeing as no matter whats going on throughout the season, teams (especially Poole) will strengthen going into the playoffs...

Don't blame them for doing it either, rules are there, up to the Promoters to work it to their advantage.

No one can strengthen up after July 31st which makes it fairer for all, assuming some don't feign a pretend injury or witholding their services.

• Like 1

No one can strengthen up after July 31st which makes it fairer for all, assuming some don't feign a pretend injury or witholding their services.

No strengthening up but in the case of serious injury replacing said rider with one with a lower average and therefore 'weaker'?! :wink:

Watt is a terrible signing. He was useless for Poole who got shot of him to Leicester where he was even worse. Rye will get rid by the time Wimbledon starts at the end of June you mark my words.

• Like 3

Watt is a terrible signing. He was useless for Poole who got shot of him to Leicester where he was even worse. Rye will get rid by the time Wimbledon starts at the end of June you mark my words.

Will we be seeing you at Rye now Lakeside has gone down the tubes Vinny?

No strengthening up but in the case of serious injury replacing said rider with one with a lower average and therefore 'weaker'?! :wink:

Seems fair and even fairer if the rider you are bringing in still has a low average. :wink:

we will see but i think he will be just fine.

• Like 1