British Speedway Forum

Starke graveson and th gate out for

Kerr

Lawson

heeps

Strange decision to drop Tungate now when he has just achieved a new average. I can only assume without doing the numbers that he will be reintroduced into the side for Heeps once Hougaard and Wright achieve their new averages?

Bringing in Lawson is a good move though and should strengthen the top end of the side up.

Edited by Najjer

Are these changes to the 50 point mark or the first official averages as I note that Somerset have rode 4h & 4a.

Are these changes to the 50 point mark or the first official averages as I note that Somerset have rode 4h & 4a.

I assume as the press release says subject to BSPA approval, as our 8th match was at Wolves last Monday our new averages take effect from today - therefore it must be using the new averages.

Starke has been doing well in the championship but struggling in the league above.

What average would Tungate drop down on now?

Bold move again by Somerset as ever. Fair play to them.

Good luck to Cam. Pleased he has got his chance in the top league despite my own view that double up should be Brits only.

Strange decision to drop Tungate now when he has just achieved a new average. I can only assume without doing the numbers that he will be reintroduced into the side for Heeps once Hougaard and Wright achieve their new averages?

Bringing in Lawson is a good move though and should strengthen the top end of the side up.

Re Tungate - I dont think reintroduction like that is allowed.
  • Like 1

Big change down at the OTA, feel sorry for Starke he will be snapped up at reserve and will do a great job, " Belle Vue" if he fits. Rohan just is not the same so half expected this, tough on Jan if the others had done their bit I think he would have been ok. Good luck to the new arrivals.

It's all a bit farcical these average rules! Somersets initial Team was always just a good Championship side,should have stayed down IMO .

Bold move again by Somerset as ever. Fair play to them.

Good luck to Cam. Pleased he has got his chance in the top league despite my own view that double up should be Brits only.

Re Tungate - I dont think reintroduction like that is allowed.

Think it's been done before. Didn't Scunthorpe do it before? Is there a rule preventing it?

Almost seems too much of a coindence. I'm majorly surprised Tungate was able to complete his 4H 4A if weren't planning on hanging onto him. I haven't looked at the figures and don't know what Heeps has been signed on, but something seems abit fishy to me. Rye house away this weekend which Heeps rode all of last season. That will also see Hougaard and Wright complete their required matches too which are both going to drop. We then go to Swindon on bank holiday... now who piled up the points at reserve for Swindon last season? Hmmmm! If it is allowed and the averages work, could of been an absolute blinder that by the Somerset promotion.

It's all a bit farcical these average rules! Somersets initial Team was always just a good Championship side,should have stayed down IMO .

Give over. We've been about 2 or 3 points, which has usually been through engine failures or falls whilst winning, from changing our 3 home losses to home wins. Crowds have been good, racing has been even better, there is no way we should of hung around in the 2nd tier after clearing up last year again, to have a local derby with Peterborough!

• Like 2

Tungate has not lived up to his billing. Poor from him this season. Really suprised he has actually got a team berth for Lodz in Poland to be honest.

As soon as I saw Tunno at number 1 I thought they're gonna be in trouble. Lucky for them that Josh and Patrick have improved.

A good move for the Rebs to move up, with local derbies against Swindon and Poole, the Championship is too northerly based for them.

How many more fans are they getting in the top div?

I think Graversen should be allowed to ride in the NL the rest of this season, if he wants to. Probably invested in new equipment after a year out and now been completely kippered.

• Like 1