British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Who won?

Lakeside at lakeside it will be interesting to see how your highly rated eastbourne get on against plymouth who you dont rate very highly i have no idea personally as i have little knowledge of nl racing or riders Matt bates will have a point to make though.

You clearly don't understand the competition, lakeside won at lakeside yes on a track Eastbourne have not visited, Eastbourne made them look amateur on a track all of the opposing team have ridden in the past. Hence them winning the two legged contest as such being the team that will excel through to play offs

I would hardly call Ben Zack ,,David ,Alfie,,... amateurs at Lakeside. ..and god forbid Brennan got taken out of the equation for any reason..Eastbourne will look pretty mediocre, they need one big hitter like Jake Knight,,

Lakeside Hammers Speedway Press Release

Kent Kings V Hammers Preview
Lakeside head to Kent on Monday in the first leg of the Tunnel Trophy Challenge (3pm).

The Vortex Hammers narrowly missed out on aggregate in the Lee Richardson Memorial against Eastbourne on Good Friday - but team manager Kelvin Tatum says there were plenty of positives to take out of the two legs.

"We may have missed out overall but I have to say there were some encouraging signs from all areas of the team against the Eagles," said Tatum.

"To get the win at home was particularly pleasing and that challenge stands us in good stead going forwards.

We're looking forward to going to Kent and it's the start of an exciting new rivalry. Kent is a tight, technical, slick track - but the top end of our team have done some laps around there and should all score well.

If we can get everyone else chipping in with their average then we'd like to think we could go there and give a good account of ourselves."

The Hammers will hand an opportunity to Jamie Couzins at reserve in place of Scotland based Ryan MacDonald.

Said Tatum: "We thank Ryan for his efforts on Friday and his dedication to travel was unquestionable.

"However, it appeared he practiced much better than he dealt with the competitive racing side of things and we're going to give Jamie a chance on Monday.

"He had a spell with Kent and he's keen to earn a team spot - so we hope he does well on Monday."

LINE-UPS (not in riding order):

KENT:

Luke Bowen, Nathan Stoneman, Ben Hopwood, Jack Thomas, Luke Clifton, Bradley Andrews, Alex Spooner

LAKESIDE:

Ben Morley, Zach Wajtknecht, David Mason, Alfie Bowtell, George Hunter, Nick Laurence, Jamie Couzins.

Edited by Guest

Lakeside Hammers Speedway Press Release 9e5bc9f1-345a-41e5-9180-5eb505cec86c.jpg Kent Kings V Hammers Preview

Lakeside head to Kent on Monday in the first leg of the Tunnel Trophy Challenge (3pm).

The Vortex Hammers narrowly missed out on aggregate in the Lee Richardson Memorial against Eastbourne on Good Friday - but team manager Kelvin Tatum says there were plenty of positives to take out of the two legs.

"We may have missed out overall but I have to say there were some encouraging signs from all areas of the team against the Eagles," said Tatum.

"To get the win at home was particularly pleasing and that challenge stands us in good stead going forwards.

We're looking forward to going to Kent and it's the start of an exciting new rivalry. Kent is a tight, technical, slick track - but the top end of our team have done some laps around there and should all score well.

If we can get everyone else chipping in with their average then we'd like to think we could go there and give a good account of ourselves."

The Hammers will hand an opportunity to Jamie Couzins at reserve in place of Scotland based Ryan MacDonald.

Said Tatum: "We thank Ryan for his efforts on Friday and his dedication to travel was unquestionable.

"However, it appeared he practiced much better than he dealt with the competitive racing side of things and we're going to give Jamie a chance on Monday.

"He had a spell with Kent and he's keen to earn a team spot - so we hope he does well on Monday."

LINE-UPS (not in riding order):

KENT:

Luke Bowen, Nathan Stoneman, Ben Hopwood, Jack Thomas, Luke Clifton, Bradley Andrews, Alex Spooner

LAKESIDE:

Ben Morley, Zach Wajtknecht, David Mason, Alfie Bowtell, George Hunter, Nick Laurence, Jamie Couzins.

It has to be said. Everyone practices better than they race. I would have thought Kelvin would have known that. Good Luck to Ryan MCDonald. At some point hopefully someone will give this lad the chance he deserves.

Good Luck to Jamie Couzins too

You clearly don't understand the competition, lakeside won at lakeside yes on a track Eastbourne have not visited, Eastbourne made them look amateur on a track all of the opposing team have ridden in the past. Hence them winning the two legged contest as such being the team that will excel through to play offs

I wouldn't say they made them look that amateur. If the useless David Mason had performed remotely like the third heatleader he is supposed to be and scored 6 points instead of his actual 2 Lakeside would have won on aggregate. He knows the track and claims he likes tight trechnical tracks so if he can't perform well there I dread to think what he will be like elsewhere. Two points in unacceptable for a third heatleader on a 6 point starting average.

Waco you've got your wish with Couzins! MacDonald never seems to get a long enough run in an NL side to prove himself properly.

I wouldn't say they made them look that amateur. If the useless David Mason had performed remotely like the third heatleader he is supposed to be and scored 6 points instead of his actual 2 Lakeside would have won on aggregate. He knows the track and claims he likes tight trechnical tracks so if he can't perform well there I dread to think what he will be like elsewhere. Two points in unacceptable for a third heatleader on a 6 point starting average.

Everyone predicted Mason would be like that. He's a top contender for the largest difference between home and away averages in the league.

I would hardly call Ben Zack ,,David ,Alfie,,... amateurs at Lakeside. ..and god forbid Brennan got taken out of the equation for any reason..Eastbourne will look pretty mediocre, they need one big hitter like Jake Knight,,

From what I saw Friday this will happen before they have completed 4 League matches and get new averages.With Trophy and challenges they had 7 matches to prove themselves.

Connor Coles and Kelsey Dugard out with Jake Knight and a 3 pointer in. Coles also looks to be struggling at Newcastle, where he has also had several matches, compared to the performance of many of the other double up riders.

From what I saw Friday this will happen before they have completed 4 League matches and get new averages.With Trophy and challenges they had 7 matches to prove themselves.

Connor Coles and Kelsey Dugard out with Jake Knight and a 3 pointer in. Coles also looks to be struggling at Newcastle, where he has also had several matches, compared to the performance of many of the other double up riders.

I would like to see jake back in the team and seeing him in the pits on friday showed how much he brings to the team. Having him at number 1 would give us a bit more security in 13 and 15 with wood, with baseby at 3 it would make a very strong top 3. Obviously we can't go saying take Coles and Dugard out as it is early days and really they all did their bit in the evening meeting.

Does David Mason ever team ride?

Last year at Kent Heat 14 was the best race of the night, as David Mason would tussle with Danno Verge over riding the white line: if behind, Mason would nudge Verge out of the way

• Like 1

Does David Mason ever team ride?

Perhaps after taking some flak on here David is out for himself from now on? Would be nice to see him coax one or two of the less experienced members home now and again but can see why he's looking out for number 1