British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Why when he has been told that Hurrys average dosent fit by the bspa, is he knowingly taking an illeagal team all the way to stoke when any points earn will get deducted anyway? Or the match referee will not allow him to ride.

I fear that because this is the NL it'll get brushed under the carpet again. But for the integrity of the league, I hope not.

Edited by Islander15

I feel that Lakeside are determined one way or another to get Paul in even if it means releasing another rider on a temporary basis.

I don't think other clubs will be able to argue with that unless their gripe is about us replacing a forty something with another forty something.

Lakesides team is legal. Refer to the team declarations on the speedwaygb website. Hurry comes in on 7.66 and Spooner has been signed on a 3.00 to replace Hunter. Team under points limit.

Don't see why any blame lays with Cook or Tatum for his average? Wasn't them that decided it.

You could say that they are trying to get a rider in on an average that is way below what it should be but essentially I agree.

If anyone is unhappy with that average (and plenty are) there is only the NL & the BSPA to blame.

I fear that because this is the NL it'll get brushed under the carpet again. But for the integrity of the league, I hope not.

That got blown apart with the Harland Cook decision, if it ever existed before hand.

I feel that Lakeside are determined one way or another to get Paul in even if it means releasing another rider on a temporary basis.

I don't think other clubs will be able to argue with that unless their gripe is about us replacing a forty something with another forty something.

I don't have an issue with a 40 year old riding with a young team. No-one says anything critical about Armstrong (quite the opposite, in fact, and rightly so).

Its about an average that makes no sense and which will not be explained or justified, so everyone has a right to believe that it is a crooked ruling covered up by secrecy.

Lakesides team is legal. Refer to the team declarations on the speedwaygb website. Hurry comes in on 7.66 and Spooner has been signed on a 3.00 to replace Hunter. Team under points limit.

Its only legal because the NL have ruled a 7.66 average.

How they have calculated that is anyone's guess, but it certainly bears no relation to his previous one and the usual method of conversion.

Legal maybe, but corrupt and crooked with it.

• Like 2

I appreciate its legal because of the averages Halifaxtiger but Lakeside haven't decided Paul Hurry's average. The authorities and the league coordinator are responsible for validating and verifying the averages. I enjoy reading your posts as i can see you're a fair minded fan, as am I, and even I'm hard pushed to fathom how 7.66 has been calculated but this is for Mr Morrish to clarify, not Cook.

Edited by Loyal hammer
  • Like 1

I appreciate its legal because of the averages Halifaxtiger but Lakeside haven't decided Paul Hurry's average. The authorities and the league coordinator are responsible for validating and verifying the averages. I enjoy reading your posts as i can see you're a fair minded fan, as am I, and even I'm hard pushed to fathom how 7.66 has been calculated but this is for Mr Morrish to clarify, not Cook.

Can't argue with that and I'm certainly not blaming Lakeside.

The arbitrary, inconsistent, secret rulings don't just annoy the hell out of fans they can actually, in the end, drive them away.

I have not seen anything on any website which says Spooner has now signed for the season though? Only that he is riding this weekend to replace Hunter who is apparently injured.

I am purely guessing Spooner is replacing Hunter directly and they will see if they can shuffle him back in at a later date.

If indeed Spooner has been signed to replace Hunter it could turn out to be a good signing i was impressed with his performance round Lakeside a few weeks ago...

Edited by waco

If hall couldn't ride for Birmingham because his average was too high from previous seasons 10 + years previous then hurry surely should fall into the same category.

• Like 4

I am pretty sure they can't redeclare Spooner as I am sure I read that Kent have Spooners contract for 2017.

Hunter is supposedly injured, but as he is the only rider missing in the 1-5 the only facility available is rr. So it's far more likely that Spooner is riding as a 3.0 undeclared rider.

Kents press officer has just confirmed on the Kings supporters Facebook page. That Lakeside HAVE NOT signed Alex Spooner.

• Like 1