British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

What would Tatum''s CMA be in 2017 for the NL . That would be the sort of stunt that might draw some much needed attendees to an NL side at Lakeside ?

I was thinking along the same lines myself rider /coach Kelvin would be a huge draw and star in the third tier ,it may also get the riding bug out of his system !!!

Assuming in the unlikely event Tatum could ride in this league.How could they give him an average.and what would it be.?

Due to the lack of real events happening,,Unlikely ones are being discussed....

Assuming in the unlikely event Tatum could ride in this league.How could they give him an average.and what would it be.?

With time out of the sport & taking into account his average then & reduced by 4 X 6 & then take into account his age = . What average do you want him at? Bung me a tenner.

• Like 1

I would like him on 3.98 please then we could start him at reserve..or is that to much to ask for a tenner.?? :t::rofl:

Just saw on the Lakeside twitter feed that Bryn has passed away. RIP

Edited by liam
  • Like 1

Rest in peace Bryn a speedway legend

Just saw on the Lakeside twitter feed that Bryn has passed away. RIP

Rest in peace Bryn a speedway legend

You may be interest in BSF thread Speedway News and Discussions which carries many tributes to the late Bryn Williams RIP. Go to ==

Rip Bryn

Edited by Guest

What would Tatum''s CMA be in 2017 for the NL . That would be the sort of stunt that might draw some much needed attendees to an NL side at Lakeside ?

On a Gerhard perchance to show the potential way forward machinery wise

If you want entertainment you need a team of youngsters who haven't mastered gating but love getting the throttle twisting and riding loads of different lines even if they don't mean to scrape the fence when they're trying to hug the whiteline

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

On a Gerhard perchance to show the potential way forward machinery wise

If you want entertainment you need a team of youngsters who haven't mastered gating but love getting the throttle twisting and riding loads of different lines even if they don't mean to scrape the fence when they're trying to hug the whiteline

Or we could have an outstanding former rider encouraging future stars to embrace a cost effective engine and with his on track direction transform some NL racing from what I used to watch for nothing at training schools .Kelvin himself learnt his trade following Simmo when he first took up the sport ,I might add that there is more chance of knitting fog than KT racing in anger again .

Kelvin is far more important to have in the pits then on the track where he has to worry about himself, i honestly think some of the gutsy youngsters would scare him and he would end up doing a Batchelor most of the time and bottling it rather than wanting to have a proper blood and thunder race with them, besides i doubt his joints (some of which are replacements) would be upto taking the strain.

Kelvin is far more important to have in the pits then on the track where he has to worry about himself, i honestly think some of the gutsy youngsters would scare him and he would end up doing a Batchelor most of the time and bottling it rather than wanting to have a proper blood and thunder race with them, besides i doubt his joints (some of which are replacements) would be upto taking the strain.

Absolutely. Kelvin needs to be where he was last season, watching every race from the outside then talking to the riders when they come in to go over the race with them, also building them up before they go out in their next race.

One thing Kelvin said at the last fans forum was that even quite experienced riders will run a last place and come in saying "The bikes crap" but when you ask them what exactly is wrong with the bike they don't know. Similarly they might come in first and say the bike is running great but when you ask them what is so good about it they can't explain, so what Kelvin's job is, is to get the riders to think about their races and analyse whether it really is something right of wrong with the bike or whether it is something they are doing right or wrong on the track, as opposed to making the same mistakes over and over again and not realising why.

Obviously with young riders on a steep learning curve the potential is there for talent to be brought out much more quickly with Kelvin adding his experience. If the riders are prepared to listen, and if they have the talent to put the lessons into practice there is scope for a much more accelerated development than would ordinarily be the case.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

The good thing about the true youngsters is that will listen to advice where as other riders will hear but not listen.

Or we could have an outstanding former rider encouraging future stars to embrace a cost effective engine and with his on track direction transform some NL racing from what I used to watch for nothing at training schools .Kelvin himself learnt his trade following Simmo when he first took up the sport ,I might add that there is more chance of knitting fog than KT racing in anger again .

I don't think any of believe Kelvin will ride next season but please let us have our Christmas fun :drink: