British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Have to agree, A little bit slower yes & some will fall off a few times. Just give it time & those who were falling off slowly will get quicker & stop on for longer as the season goes on.Watching a young rider improve week on week in front of you must be just as rewarding as watching 4 riders going flat out following each other evenly spaced apart.

Agree as well.

I'm an EL snob by nature however I've seen some very entertaining meetings in the NL over the past 2 seasons, primarily at Birmingham.

Likewise amateur and MDL standard racing has its moments also.

• Like 1

I have seen a few of you mention Shane. Just to let you all know Shane has made the decision not to start the season as he is not healed enough to hand on heart say he will be ready for start of season. He plans to get on a bike when his broken leg has healed totaly and take it from there

• Like 1

All the best to Shane for a full recovery,,very sensible giving things time to be fully healed before riding again..

• Like 2

Ben Morley is riding in the Rob Woffinden memorial meeting this coming saturday in Australia ,,Good luck Ben and stay safe

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this should make for some interesting reading tomorrow

I'm looking forward to this should make for some interesting reading tomorrow

Take a guess then Alex 😉

Would like Stoneman,,but I have feeling it may be Mason

Quite agree EIA. Like it or not the NL is essentially a training league and since the rules have been tightened it has started producing lots of good quality two and three pointers for the PL (Championship). I would like to see over a period of time older riders phased out so that eventually each team has just one 'old hand' and six youngsters, six riders who have the potential to ride at a higher level. I think NL matches are more attractive with more exciting teenage talent in the two sides.

Quite agree EIA. Like it or not the NL is essentially a training league and since the rules have been tightened it has started producing lots of good quality two and three pointers for the PL (Championship). I would like to see over a period of time older riders phased out so that eventually each team has just one 'old hand' and six youngsters, six riders who have the potential to ride at a higher level. I think NL matches are more attractive with more exciting teenage talent in the two sides.

In an ideal world one old hand & six younger riders? Don't think that would be possible, yes some younger riders but, no all of the older guys have had the breaks to make a step up or didn't start young. A general mix is the way it is & i think will always be that way.

In an ideal world one old hand & six younger riders? Don't think that would be possible, yes some younger riders but, no all of the older guys have had the breaks to make a step up or didn't start young. A general mix is the way it is & i think will always be that way.

But if a bloke has been riding 20 years and is not only still in the bottom league but on the way down as well, (as in the case of Davd Mason ) it's difficult to see what he can offer, and more importantly how many punters he is likely to pull through the turnstiles.

• Like 1

My guess and it's educated is D_ _ _ _ M_ _ _ _

My guess is _ _ _ _ D _ _ _ _ N 😉

I think we have the same person :D