British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Regardless of Morley's suspicious performances, (flew round BV last year, trailed round at the back this year), there still should be no way Hurry can come in.

Lakeside only have 7.48 available to replace Mason, and Hurry should be on a 10+ average. Something is bent here

100% correct why does no one come out and explain this decision if in deed i has been ratified..

100% correct why does no one come out and explain this decision if in deed i has been ratified..

For the same reason why no-one publicly explained why Cook couldn't come in on a 3.00 (or 3.50) when a precedent had been set the previous season.

Its bent.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Surely if enough gathered evidence Morley and lakeside management should be punished? New team declarations - no hurry? http://www.speedwaygb.co/files//nl17_issue_9.pdf

Absolutely, IF enough evidence is gathered, but if no evidence , there is no reason for the rumour mill to be given credibilty.

We don't yet know what averaged Hurry comes in on or why, but ultimately it is for the BSPA to aprove or not aprove the team changes so any complaints should be at their door night Lakesides.

Edited by E I Addio

It seems no matter what league Lakeside are in, if their team is average or poor, no one gives a crap about them, yet as soon as they look like they might be half decent side, those toys coming flying out of the prams of other clubs.

I must apologise on behalf of Jon Cook for forgetting that our club is merely a Cinderella club there to make up the numbers, give other teams easy victory's and is strictly not allowed to win anything ever (apart from in 1991 when we won everything)

We are now the Millwall of the speedway world, no one likes us but we don't give s--t

• Like 2

Absolutely, IF enough evidence is gathered, but if no evidence , there is no reason for the rumour mill to be given credibilty.

We don't yet know what averaged Hurry comes in on or why, but ultimately it is for the BSPA to aprove or not aprove the team changes so any complaints should be at their door night Lakesides.

The suggestions of average fixing in this case are, in my book, complete nonsense.

You're absolutely right about the BSPA, but that doesn't change the fact that (if allowed) this is almost certainly completely crooked. Hurry's average should be around the 8.7 mark, and let's not forget there are no reductions this season (as per the Harland Cook decision). Based upon Lakeside's present averages, he doesn't fit.

It seems no matter what league Lakeside are in, if their team is average or poor, no one gives a crap about them, yet as soon as they look like they might be half decent side, those toys coming flying out of the prams of other clubs.

I must apologise on behalf of Jon Cook for forgetting that our club is merely a Cinderella club there to make up the numbers, give other teams easy victory's and is strictly not allowed to win anything ever (apart from in 1991 when we won everything)

We are now the Millwall of the speedway world, no one likes us but we don't give s--t

More nonsense.

What people are concerned about actually really has nothing do with Lakeside at all. They are sick to death of bent rulings made to suit the needs of individual promoters, be that to allow a rider to fit in or to stop that being the case.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

The hammers management needed to do something to try and get the crowds to return to purfleet this season.

The suggestions of average fixing in this case are, in my book, complete nonsense.

You're absolutely right about the BSPA, but that doesn't change the fact that (if allowed) this is almost certainly completely crooked. Hurry's average should be around the 8.7 mark, and let's not forget there are no reductions this season (as per the Harland Cook decision). Based upon Lakeside's present averages, he doesn't fit

It depends what you mean by crooked. The BSPA have for years frustrated and confused the fans by what appear to be contradictory rulings, but am not sure how you make the jump from there to saying as a fact there was some kind of favouritism/backhander/ corruption even though some posters will draw that inference every time whether it is fair or not.

I do think we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions until we first know whether the team change has been approved, secondly what Hurrys official average is and thirdly how that figure was reached. Having an explanation from the BSPA is perhaps to much to hope for based on past experience.

Its time to do away with averages and use a type of grading as most of the riders are not on figures that are representitive of their ability, the heat formats the leagues have been running have played a major part in that, so who is to say what is and what isn't a proper average anymore, last season Poole brought Antonio back with an assessed figure that was agreed to by the governing body, whether others agreed with it or not makes no difference, only the opinion of the board counts and it will be the same with Paul Hurry, if he can be fitted into the side he will, if he can't he won't end of.

I'm still of the opinion though if this was IOW, Buxton or Kent, it wouldn't be getting even a mention, at least we know why everyone else was so keen on us having David Mason, they knew it would keep us in what they perceive to be our place.

Its time to do away with averages and use a type of grading as most of the riders are not on figures that are representitive of their ability, the heat formats the leagues have been running have played a major part in that, so who is to say what is and what isn't a proper average anymore, last season Poole brought Antonio back with an assessed figure that was agreed to by the governing body, whether others agreed with it or not makes no difference, only the opinion of the board counts and it will be the same with Paul Hurry, if he can be fitted into the side he will, if he can't he won't end of.

I'm still of the opinion though if this was IOW, Buxton or Kent, it wouldn't be getting even a mention, at least we know why everyone else was so keen on us having David Mason, they knew it would keep us in what they perceive to be our place.

It shouldn't be based on opinion, it should be based on facts of the averages. We don't yet know what Hurry is on but 7.48 just isn't enough! And to say it wouldn't be mentioned if it was IOW, Kent or Buxton is just stupid. Show me where any of those 3 clubs have brought a rider in on an artificially low average? They haven't and have actually been penalised (IOW and Cook, Buxton and no guest facility for Perks yet at least one other club has). Edited by Islander15
  • Like 3

It depends what you mean by crooked. The BSPA have for years frustrated and confused the fans by what appear to be contradictory rulings, but am not sure how you make the jump from there to saying as a fact there was some kind of favouritism/backhander/ corruption even though some posters will draw that inference every time whether it is fair or not.

I do think we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions until we first know whether the team change has been approved, secondly what Hurrys official average is and thirdly how that figure was reached. Having an explanation from the BSPA is perhaps to much to hope for based on past experience.

As you say, it does depend on whether it is sanctioned, But, if it is, (and it has been published on the BSPA website) based upon Hurry's last EL average, calculating that up to be a PL one and then doubling it he should be around the 8.7 mark.

That means he can't go into the team and the only way he can is by a crooked ruling that contradicts what has happened elsewhere.

As to jumping to conclusions, the biggest one will be Lakeside saying that he is in the team if they have not received agreement to it. Taking into account the BSPA website statement, I suspect they have although it maybe subject to protest by other clubs.

One of the reasons why those who have an axe to grind gain credibility is the lack of explanation and openness. After all, we still haven't heard why Harland Cook was refused a 3.5 average when the likes of Luke Clifton and David Wallinger were given it.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I very much suspect Paul will be on an assessed average given his time out of the sport. Whether or not the previous injuries he is carrying come into the equation is anybody's guess.

I very much suspect Paul will be on an assessed average given his time out of the sport. Whether or not the previous injuries he is carrying come into the equation is anybody's guess.

But the BSPA/Morrish have set a precedent of using heat leader's old averages and not assessing averages (e.g. Richard Hall). So it's not fair to do it for one rider/team but not another.

New average's issued yesterday & Hurry not listed in the Lakeside 1-7 so guess its not been approved.

That's what I was thinking

Fake news.