British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

I bet Waco is delighted with Locke's signing!

• Like 4

Is he any good?

He's a three-point NL rider who rode for Rye House last season. He is no Kyle Bickley nor Tom Brennon but picked up a points for the Raiders including a few race wins along the way. A better prospect than Couzins and Laurence I believe.

He's a three-point NL rider who rode for Rye House last season. He is no Kyle Bickley nor Tom Brennon but picked up a points for the Raiders including a few race wins along the way. A better prospect than Couzins and Laurence I believe.

Long-term I think he's better than those 2 but scores now suggest otherwise. Locke's averaging 1.50 this season compared to Laurence on 3.04 & Couzins on 2.53. Of course Lakeside have a better home track advantage than King's Lynn to help push that figure up though.

Connor LOcke is a Grass Tracker of some ability in that area. So far his Speedway activities have not matched his Grass exploits, but he's young

and keen so could well turn oit to be a good signing if Kelvin takes care of him.

What do you think?

Not sure, that's why I asked. Never seen him before.

I would rather give Paul Hurry credit for getting back on a bike in his forties, after the terrible injuries he has had in the past. He deserved a reduction for his time out of the saddle in my opinion. Don't forget Lindback got his average reduced last year, in very different circumstances.

hats off to Paul for for deciding to ride again . However his average is nonsense. Very similar to Lindback. Both appear made to fit both teams affected. Totally wrong in both instances.

He didn't ride in the NL though. Two meetings in and Hurry is already showing that the figure he was given is too low.

average is already proven to be falsely low.

Lakesides team is legal. Refer to the team declarations on the speedwaygb website. Hurry comes in on 7.66 and Spooner has been signed on a 3.00 to replace Hunter. Team under points limit.

No dispute the team is legal. It's the method of Hurry getting that ridiculously low assessed average that is at fault.

Long-term I think he's better than those 2 but scores now suggest otherwise. Locke's averaging 1.50 this season compared to Laurence on 3.04 & Couzins on 2.53. Of course Lakeside have a better home track advantage than King's Lynn to help push that figure up though.

Most of Laurence's points have been gifted, finishing third in a tree man race, or riders falling off.There is nothing I have seen in Laurence to suggest he is ever going to progress even to a half decent second string. Couzins just about gets the benefit of the doubt but not showing much star quality so far.

Hunter has never really lived up to expectations. I hope Locke does well, but the fact remains that Lakeside will always be overly dependent on the top three.

• Like 2

Most of Laurence's points have been gifted, finishing third in a tree man race, or riders falling off.There is nothing I have seen in Laurence to suggest he is ever going to progress even to a half decent second string. Couzins just about gets the benefit of the doubt but not showing much star quality so far.

Hunter has never really lived up to expectations. I hope Locke does well, but the fact remains that Lakeside will always be overly dependent on the top three.

Hunter is proving to be a little injury prone. Hopefully he can work past that, the potential is there.

If Bowtell can continue in his recent vein of form then his scoring will back up the top three incredibly well. Then you only need a few points from the rest. The controversial Hurry signing should see you into the play-offs.

Locke for me falls off a far bit, but that's because he is a trier. He reminds me of a raw Jack Kingston or Danny Ayres.

Certainly the exact sort or eider who will thrive under the undoubted great tutoring he will get at lakeside.

Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 1

I hope Lock spends more time on the bike than on his backside as he did last year at Rye ,would have thought the tight turns at Lakeside would not suit him,,He tends to lock up a bit and fall a lot ..Having said that he has a bit of dash about him and hopefully Tatum can sort out his problems.other wise this could be another bad signing,,There has to be some one out there better surely ???

Can only see the Hammers being in the top 3 all season long with their new heat leader trio plus the fast improving Bowtell.

It would appear that some of my posts have been removed! NIce of the person responsible to tell me (not) and give reasons.