British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

I really do miss weekly meetings at Lakeside and find myself looking at the most attractive matches at other more or less local tracks ( Kent, Eastbourne

Rye House) Don't visit Rye House much as I prefer the roughness of the NL. Any way that Lakeside's home dates can be improved ?

I was at Kent last night how comes lakeside have no real support from there management?? John cook turns up late and leaves at heat 9 what's the point???

Nothing new there then, I am sure the Voice of Reason will be able to comfirm that its very rare to see Jon Cook travel North of the Watford Gap or even work more than just one day a week when it comes to speedway and that was when Lakeside were in speedways top division!

Home meetings and Eastbourne and that's about it, its why Hammers have always been poor on their travels, no Fs are given.

Looks like Alfie Bowtell has signed for Newcastle (to replace Dan Greenwood at reserve).

Looks like Alfie Bowtell has signed for Newcastle (to replace Dan Greenwood at reserve).

Good luck to him I have enjoyed watching him this season.

Alfie is on the verge of big things at N.L. level and his inclusion in the Newcastle team will probably help. But it is a long way to Tyneside and

the travelling may take its toll. But with not too many meetings at Lakeside, he'll most likely cope. Good luck to him

This should certainly help the kid, I think he is currently on course to finish the best second string in the NL, although it will massively help having three strong heat leaders keeping him there.

I believe I am right in thinking Newcastle will have priority over Alfie in the event of a fixture clash. That being the case he will miss the home match v Buxton on the 14th July in addition to Zach who will be riding for Swindon at Belle Vue. Possible fixture change wonder?

Edited by tocha

A fixture change would make sense, but I doubt if The stadium has enough spare dates for that to happen. Over to Jon Cook !

I thought we dropped down to National League to avoid scenarios like this.

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 1

Losing Bowtell to the championship dates will weaken Lakeside as there is no way RR will cover his points tally with such weak reserves and second string taking 3 rides.,Hope it does not happen to often it could effect our play off chances.....

A fixture change would make sense, but I doubt if The stadium has enough spare dates for that to happen. Over to Jon Cook !

Two reserved dates, 11th August and 16th September.

Congratulations to Zach on being crowned U19 champion. A star of the future, just a shame we won't get to see him with Lakeside much longer.

Losing Bowtell to the championship dates will weaken Lakeside as there is no way RR will cover his points tally with such weak reserves and second string taking 3 rides.,Hope it does not happen to often it could effect our play off chances.....

You can use guests. Plus there's barely any clashes tbh.

• Like 1

Islander 15 Thanks for that, good to know ,did not think you can have guests for second strings

• Like 1