British Speedway Forum
Speedway28

Mildenhall 2017

That would leave Coles free because the four of them come to 32.30 and they would still be over the top of 40 even with three 3.0 pointers surely?

That's correct.

Personally, I think Mildenhall will be crazy to leave him out but clearly its him or Mountain unless the points limit changes.

At the beginning of June, Coles was averaging around the 5.5 mark and at the end of the season 7.1. It doesn't take a genius to work out that he was very consistent in the second half of 2016 - averaging just over 9 at home and just under 8 away for a figure of around 8.5.

No reason why he can't do the whole of 2017 like that, which means you get an 8.5 rider on an average of 1.5 or so less than that.

If Mildenhall do leave him out, with that potential I doubt if he will be without a club for long.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

That's correct.

Personally, I think Mildenhall will be crazy to leave him out but clearly its him or Mountain unless the points limit changes.

At the beginning of June, Coles was averaging around the 5.5 mark and at the end of the season 7.1. It doesn't take a genius to work out that he was very consistent in the second half of 2016 - averaging just over 9 at home and just under 8 away for a figure of around 8.5.

No reason why he can't do the whole of 2017 like that, which means you get an 8.5 rider on an average of 1.5 or so less than that.

If Mildenhall do leave him out, with that potential I doubt if he will be without a club for long.

There was no doubt he picked up form,but you could also go the other way and say,what happens if he averages the same as at the start of last season.Damned if you do,damned if you don't I guess.Unfortunately for us we had to leave out 1 of the top 4 which was always going to be a tough ask in my eyes.

Having said all this,maybe Mountain isn't going to be ready and we do sign Coles.Who knows.I trust the promotions judgement on whatever they decide

There was no doubt he picked up form,but you could also go the other way and say,what happens if he averages the same as at the start of last season.Damned if you do,damned if you don't I guess.Unfortunately for us we had to leave out 1 of the top 4 which was always going to be a tough ask in my eyes.

Having said all this,maybe Mountain isn't going to be ready and we do sign Coles.Who knows.I trust the promotions judgement on whatever they decide

To be fair, Adz, you could say that about anyone. To be equally fair, you're absolutely right that it was a tough ask.

What we know for certain is that Coles is capable of riding at an average that's about 1.5 higher than the one he's on.

With respect to Armstrong, Halsey & Mountain, that can hardly be said of any of them.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Coles signs for Newcastle.That solves that 1 then lol

• Like 1

How is Connor Coles? Will he kick on and do good in the Championship?

So he'll be about a 3 pointer come the end? That's not too bad I guess, maybe if Danny can do the same, the reserves won't be as weak as I fear, anyway enough about Newcastle :) I'm not even in the right section nevermind thread..... Does this mean Connor Mountain will return?

Luke Ruddick has signed

Bet the west row faithful are doing cartwheels of delight. Was always likely due to his connections but hasn't really improved over 2 seasons and at times can be borderline dangerous to himself & others. Has the potential if his kit is upgraded as its pretty pants but i suspect he will be at reserve pretty quickly and nullify the potent threat from Jenkins.

Bet the west row faithful are doing cartwheels of delight. Was always likely due to his connections but hasn't really improved over 2 seasons and at times can be borderline dangerous to himself & others. Has the potential if his kit is upgraded as its pretty pants but i suspect he will be at reserve pretty quickly and nullify the potent threat from Jenkins.

From comments on the facebook page they are pretty pleased, yes. Indeed, a number suggested that they wanted him back.

Its true he lets his throttle hand rule his head a bit and falls off a lot but I think he has real ability. Get someone decent in his corner and he could make a lot of progress.

On 3.10 I'd say he is a very good signing.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

From comments on the facebook page they are pretty pleased, yes. Indeed, a number suggested that they wanted him back.

Its true he lets his throttle hand rule his head a bit and falls off a lot but I think he has real ability. Get someone decent in his corner and he could make a lot of progress.

On 3.10 I'd say he is a very good signing.

Exactly, the potential is there and he's on a handy average. He's a far better signing than a 3.00 novice who isn't really ready.

• Like 1

Although I am a Kings Lynn supporter, living near Norwich gives me frequent opportunities to visit Mildenhall on Sunday afternoons. Have I missed something regarding the issues with a noise complaint from a misguided neighbour, who threatened to call a halt to Speedway at West Row? Obviously Mildenhall is running in 2017, so perhaps some kind soul could enlighten me as to the outcome of that issue? Was it resolved, or is the threat still there?

I'm hoping there was a satisfactory solution to all the parties involved, and I can continue to enjoy Speedway at Mildenhall in the future.

Although I am a Kings Lynn supporter, living near Norwich gives me frequent opportunities to visit Mildenhall on Sunday afternoons. Have I missed something regarding the issues with a noise complaint from a misguided neighbour, who threatened to call a halt to Speedway at West Row? Obviously Mildenhall is running in 2017, so perhaps some kind soul could enlighten me as to the outcome of that issue? Was it resolved, or is the threat still there?

I'm hoping there was a satisfactory solution to all the parties involved, and I can continue to enjoy Speedway at Mildenhall in the future.

The stadium was sold to Spedeworth who, I am pretty certain, bought the house in question (or what was left of it). As such, I am also pretty certain that this situation no longer exists.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Halifaxtiger. I don't follow the Mildenhall news quite as closely as the Kings Lynn news, and although I knew it was an ongoing problem, and a definite threat to the existance of the Club, I couldn't remember reading anywhere what the outcome was. Hopefully that means the future of the site is secure, which is excellent news. Thanks again.