British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

Probably the best result that JOB/Brum could have hoped for? I assume the ban starts from when he informed Sheffield that he wanted to step down so half of it is already served?

In hindsight he could have informed Sheffield that he wanted to step down but would continue riding until they signed a replacement? In the long run it will have little impact on JPB's career so just a case of lessons learnt and move on.

• Like 2

Just wondering why the same 14-day ban has not been applied to Josh Auty who similarly "stepped down" (withheld his services as they call it!) and missed one of Scunthorpe's matches before changing his mind.

Shouldn't think that the fact that the Scunthorpe promoter is vice-chairman of the BSPA has anything to do with it?

Please no one read this as a criticism of Josh Auty who is a genuine racer and one of the nicest blokes in speedway - I'm just highlighting the inconsistencies of the rules that's all.

Just wondering why the same 14-day ban has not been applied to Josh Auty who similarly "stepped down" (withheld his services as they call it!) and missed one of Scunthorpe's matches before changing his mind.

Shouldn't think that the fact that the Scunthorpe promoter is vice-chairman of the BSPA has anything to do with it?

Please no one read this as a criticism of Josh Auty who is a genuine racer and one of the nicest blokes in speedway - I'm just highlighting the inconsistencies of the rules that's all.

Auty HAS been given a 14 day ban.

I wasn't aware of that until someone else picked me up on it - I giot it wrong, so my apologies to Rob Godfrey for the implied slur.

BIRMINGHAM have suffered yet another major setback after captain Darryl Ritchings informed the club of his decision to quit the sport.

I wonder if we can get Kyle Newman on an artificially falsified average, a bit like what Lakeside did with Paul Hurry.

There's no doubt that doubt that Layne owes the Warriors a debt of gratitude however im sure ive seen somewhere that it meant he & his father were taking two days off work for home meetings? I guess there becomes a limit between where a rider would like to be & where they can afford to be?

Guest GiveusaB

BIRMINGHAM have suffered yet another major setback after captain Darryl Ritchings informed the club of his decision to quit the sport.

Wishing Daryl all the best on what must be a very difficult decision....I respect him for his honesty and for putting his family first!

Good luck pal !

Wish Daryl all the best for the future. Ive given him a hard time in the past but he was a solid NL rider who never really got the chance to kick on due to injuries. Obviously if his heart isn't in it then its the right decision.

• Like 1

Sad to see Darryl retire, but if his head wasnt in it now, then its for the best, Would Richard Hall & Lee Smart fit ?.

Edited by greyhoundp

Guest GiveusaB

Please...not Lee Smart!

Danyon Hume will be back next month ? can we work him in?

Depends what rules the BSPA make up at the time I guess?

Please...not Lee Smart!

Danyon Hume will be back next month ? can we work him in?

Depends what rules the BSPA make up at the time I guess?

Hume's coming back? I thought his season was over.

Hume's coming back? I thought his season was over.

He told me that he hoped to come back next month.

• Like 1

Feel next month could be too late cus darryls average will prob go below what humes is now and cant redeclare with an injured rider in the 1-7