British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2017

If we are nit picking then Cook wanted to 'drop down' to the PL last year but I do very much see your point.

However I guess it boils down to how you view the NL; for me apart from the professional third division riders like Halsey, Armstrong, Priest etc everyone else is making their way in the sport and looking to improve as quickly as possible. In essence the main role of the NL is to be a production line for the leagues above where younger riders can learn their trade. As I've said you can only sympathise with IOW but to block a young rider from taking a Championship spot would be bonkers.

• Like 1

Can see a double deal coming Coles & Dugard for Greaves & Mullins. Strengthens the tail considerably I would think.

Cook & Coles (if he's released by Eastbourne) to come in for Greaves and a reserve? Nevertheless I'd keep Greaves as long as possible, he's been going well this season.

Think Islander means Harland Cook? Although if it did happen Coles and Dugard would hopefully steady it up a bit.

Edited by gazzac

Would Richard Hall fit for Nathan ?

If we are nit picking then Cook wanted to 'drop down' to the PL last year but I do very much see your point.

However I guess it boils down to how you view the NL; for me apart from the professional third division riders like Halsey, Armstrong, Priest etc everyone else is making their way in the sport and looking to improve as quickly as possible. In essence the main role of the NL is to be a production line for the leagues above where younger riders can learn their trade. As I've said you can only sympathise with IOW but to block a young rider from taking a Championship spot would be bonkers.

I view the NL as a development league but it should never be forgotten that most of the clubs are still as much a business as those in the top two tiers. They depend on attendances and sponsorship to exist in exactly the same way, so they shouldn't be treated any differently at all.

If Connor Mountain wanted to ride for Swindon the move would be blocked, so in those circumstances a young riders chances of riding at a higher level would be refused in the interests of the clubs concerned. I really don't see the difference and its not that Greaves is being stopped from riding in the Championship, just being stopped from riding for a Thursday club.

I think what is most infuriating is that it is yet another broken precedent and what's worse is that this is the second time the Isle of Wight have suffered that this season, following the disgraceful Harland Cook ruling. That's bad enough for any team, but for a promotion with the attitude and enthusiasm of those on the Island its even harder to bear.

Can see a double deal coming Coles & Dugard for Greaves & Mullins. Strengthens the tail considerably I would think.

They could probably fit Harland Cook in as well.

If it comes off, my suspicion is the Warriors will be stronger for it.

• Like 1

Harland Cook won't be riding in the team, confirmed by Barry Bishop.

I hope you sort something good,feel really sorry for the warriors with all the hard work everyone has put in to try and make a real go of the club.

• Like 1

What has happened to Island with the Ipswich move demonstrates the attitude of the BSPA to National League racing. It is the very lifeblood of

the sport in this country and, as such, should be given every chance to succeed. Instead, the BSPA seem to kick the clubs of the NL in the teeth

at every opportunity even taking away their right to own riders' contracts, a disgraceful decision which is morally indefensible imo.

Im hearing but not been confirmed yet, that there is a change at the bottom end for the Warriors, this has been possible due the situation at Kent. :wink:

Im hearing but not been confirmed yet, that there is a change at the bottom end for the Warriors, this has been possible due the situation at Kent. :wink:

Certainly looks likely given the guest appearances that he's made plus the limited amount of effort shown by one of the reserves.

Given that Spooner is guesting for Mildenhall on Sunday as an unattached 3 pointer i suspect an announcement won't be made until Monday?

Well if its true, then its good for both Rider and team.

Is there any update on any new riders for IOW have seen Jake Knighf is looking to make a comeback could this open up new riders availability if other teams reorganise to make room for him ?

Hi backstright, no official news at the moment on any team changes on the Island, but I am sure all the promotions throughout the league are keeping an eye on all the movements from other teams.

Andy

• Like 1

Joe Screen? That seems to be the new trend at the minute...

• Like 2