British Speedway Forum

And if your team has two or more meetings in a week......? ;)

you fill it in with pencil

photocopy it

fax it to yourself

rub it out and reuse

Speedway Star seems more available in shops now, like that, can have a good old flick through when I'm out and about 😊

• Like 1

Speedway Star seems more available in shops now, like that, can have a good old flick through when I'm out and about

That's what I tend to do if so inclined!

Despite the fact you can generally find out any latest news online or bulls**t in here i still do look forward to buying the Star every thursday, always find something interesting in there despite it being silly season , keep up the good work Phil and people :drink:

• Like 6

I maybe in a minority on this one but I think far too much space is given to Brian Burford.

In my opinion, his pieces are too long and I am afraid fail to grip my attention at all.

I enjoy reading mine each week, Brian Burfords piece this week was excellent.

One other good thing about the Star is, I can read whats going on each week in the Speedway world without having to read all the drivell and pointless twit for tats in between threads on this forum. That is worth the price alone!

• Like 2

One other good thing about the Star is, I can read whats going on each week in the Speedway world without having to read all the drivell and pointless twit for tats in between threads on this forum. That is worth the price alone!

You obviously read some of the drivel Posted on here - otherwise - how do you know it is drivel? :nono: :nono: :nono:

• Like 1

The subjects that Burford chooses are quite interesting but I am afraid he is a dead hand. Sadly he is not a very good story teller.

When he tries to tell it as a mystery with the reveal of what happened at the end - it inevitably fails becuase the picture selection gives the game away.

Very tame stuff indeed - unlike Phil Chard's stuff last week.

• Like 1

Speedway Star this week says that on 6 October 2012 Chris Holder shocked the world by becoming the youngest World Champion. Surely Michael Lee, for one, was younger?

Just got to the end of the article and see the interview was for Monster Energy. Perhaps this explains the inaccuracy.

You obviously read some of the drivel Posted on here - otherwise - how do you know it is drivel? :nono: :nono: :nono:

Its a bit like house sharing....you have to put up with and all the sh!t from your mates even though you don't want it.

Edited by Sniffy
  • Like 1

Speedway Star this week says that on 6 October 2012 Chris Holder shocked the world by becoming the youngest World Champion. Surely Michael Lee, for one, was younger?

Just got to the end of the article and see the interview was for Monster Energy. Perhaps this explains the inaccuracy.

Michael Lee was 21.

But it is crap!! It avoids every slightly controversial moment, plays favourites with certain riders and id just generally terrible value for money

But it is crap!! It avoids every slightly controversial moment, plays favourites with certain riders and id just generally terrible value for money

I wouldn't say it's crap but the journalism, at times, leaves a lot to be desired. After my earlier post re Chris Holder being the youngest World Champion I find Craven, Moore, Collins, Lee and Woffinden were all younger. Does the editor actually check articles before they appear?

I wouldn't say it's crap but the journalism, at times, leaves a lot to be desired. After my earlier post re Chris Holder being the youngest World Champion I find Craven, Moore, Collins, Lee and Woffinden were all younger. Does the editor actually check articles before they appear?

That has been my contention for years now. There is no incisive, investigative or thrusting journalism in the Magazine any longer. I used to really look forward to my 'Speedway Star' for many years - I got it every week. I rarely bother now as, to me anyway, it just toes the party line and appears to want to avoid upsetting anyone.

It certainly is not the same 'Speedway Star' that I enjoyed so much all those years ago, along with the 'Speedway Mail', 'Speedway Express' etc..

Such is progress I suppose. :sad: :sad: :sad:

• Like 2

Aye getting away from the pages of juvenile mud slinging , I agree . £2-90 isn't an astronomical amount for a magazine in this day and age . Having an actual magazine to hold in your hands to read is always better than clicking a mouse on a computer , much the same as holding an LP in your hands rather than downloading something . I've grown up reading the Speedway Star and into my late fifties , I still do . Much of the soundtrack to my lifelong love of speedway was being greeted entering the stadium at Glasgow by a bloke shouting " get yer Speedway Star , Speedway Mail " , you just had to buy both .

• Like 4