British Speedway Forum

WE do complain but are always told that the complaint should go to the local sorting office in question.. Although they do not guarantee next day delivery it is an expectation.

Be my guest 0345601021

• Like 1

Be my guest 0345601021

Good man!!! :t::)

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

What's wrong with April 1st for the season preview? It's like one of those damn Friday the 13th dates that come round now and again. :P

• Like 1

What's wrong with April 1st for the season preview? It's like one of those damn Friday the 13th dates that come round now and again. :P

Aaahhhhh but Gemini - there is only one April Fools Day a year. :t::P

Very unlike you to give a brush-off, Philip.

Tyretrax is just one of maybe 25 local-to-Glasgow subscribers I know of who are suffering from a truly awful service. We do talk to each other, you know.

You do have a real problem -- people who complain to your office when they don't have their Star by (say) Monday get another copy posted to them, which invariably arrives the very next day, usually along with the missing copy.

For you to say that you pay Royal Mail for a first-class service and then just shrug your shoulders and say you then just hope they deliver isn't really good customer service.

Phone calls can be forgotten and are not always taken seriously, do what I did and write a complaint to your local Royal Mail area manager, delays like this are invariably down to your local Royal Mail office, someone's made a decision to put some of the less urgent mail to one side as was suggested by my local postman.

My star was getting later and later being delivered until I complained and four years on my star now arrives Thursday 99.9% of the time, complaints generally are monitored and generally don't get ignored and the bigger companies don't like it, hence they do something about it.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Off subject a bit, but still relates to Royal Mail. I found out today, that a year before Royal Mail became a PLC, the final salary pension scheme became a public scheme, which means the Treasury pays the pensioners or in other words, the tax payer! This was done, apparently, to make Royal Mail more palatable. For me, this tells me a lot about the reasons why Royal Mail's service is not up to muster!

Royal Mail working fine here. I phoned the Speedway Star office yesterday to order a 26 week subscription starting from March 4th and both copies have arrived this morning. Thanks also to the SS for being so efficient. :)

• Like 1

Off subject a bit, but still relates to Royal Mail. I found out today, that a year before Royal Mail became a PLC, the final salary pension scheme became a public scheme, which means the Treasury pays the pensioners or in other words, the tax payer! This was done, apparently, to make Royal Mail more palatable. For me, this tells me a lot about the reasons why Royal Mail's service is not up to muster!

That's around the time most companies (if not all) were scrapping the 'final salary scheme'. Some instantly others a few years grace. Wasn't working in their favour.

SS delivered every Thursday, albeit can be anytime between 10am - 5pm, you just never know with our Posty!

Be my guest 0345601021

Maybe you could suggest paying extra on your subscription for guaranteed next day delivery.

Maybe you could suggest paying extra on your subscription for guaranteed next day delivery.

Royal Mail don't guarantee next delivery. :nono:

That's around the time most companies (if not all) were scrapping the 'final salary scheme'. Some instantly others a few years grace. Wasn't working in their favour.

SS delivered every Thursday, albeit can be anytime between 10am - 5pm, you just never know with our Posty!

That is true Hodgy and they are still being scrapped, but in Royal Mail's case, the final salary scheme had been closed a while and wasn't classed as a statutory/public scheme, it was funded by Royal Mail. A year before it was floated on the Stock Exchange, the pension scheme became a statutory/public scheme, which means it is the tax payers responsibility. I don't remember them telling us that, when Royal Mail was privatised.

That is true Hodgy and they are still being scrapped, but in Royal Mail's case, the final salary scheme had been closed a while and wasn't classed as a statutory/public scheme, it was funded by Royal Mail. A year before it was floated on the Stock Exchange, the pension scheme became a statutory/public scheme, which means it is the tax payers responsibility. I don't remember them telling us that, when Royal Mail was privatised.

Fair enough Ray. You are much closer to the Royal Mail experience than I. The company I was working for gave an 8 year grace period (that didn't really benefit me though).

• Like 1

But they could do better than "in the next five days,probably"

But thats how it goes ATM. Will never get better either. Because 60% of the companies I receive invoices from have started to ask 2 euro for delivery on paper I changed to email invoices. They made me pay for the internet and printing it. I'm 1 of 5,5 million in Finland, how many are you? How you think it shows in RM turnover and ability to service YOU?

Two weeks in a row my Spar is en route over the weekend. Record late last week when it came on the tuesday. Record as in the last 9 years. Wont blame Pinegen for anything. They are SMALL fish if you list Royal Mail clients.

Edited by f-s-p