British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
balderdash&piffle

Championship Teams Comparison Time

I think Sheffield look the best followed by Ipswich. Peterborough look next best and should certainly be strong early doors with BWD at reserve. The 4th place could be a shoot out between Newcastle and Glasgow.

Roll on March!!

I don't really get the love for the Ipswich team. King, Covatti, Heeps and Newman have all been around long enough that there may not be any major improvement left in them. They have a couple of decent but not outstanding reserves. Schlein is coming back from serious injuries and he may be fabulous and he may be awful.

I think Sheffield have 4 riders who can increase their average (Bjerre, Bates, JPB, Branford). By the business end of the season I also think Smith, Bewley and Perry will have come on enough to make Glasgow difficult to beat.

I think that it looks like a very competitive, with lots of good and decent teams.

Like it previous seasons I think that injuries will play a large part of who will do well and who won't.

But I think that you can also add to the equation this season how the doubling up effect will have bearing on who is successful.

With that in mind Glasgow for me have the upper hand as their top three as it stands have to give priority to Glasgow fixtures

Will be interesting to see how Edinburgh going with th rest of the team building, cannot not imagine them not going with Masters, so adding him to their line up it is difficult to try and piece together a decent line up, but they usually pull something out of the bag.

The two teams that I feel may struggle is Scunthorpe and Berwick, and dependant on who else to get in Edinburgh could well be down there with them.

1. Sheffield

2. Glasgow

3. Newcastle

4. Peterborough

5. Redcar

6. Edinburgh

7. Workington

8. Ipswich

9. Berwick

10. Scunthorpe

1. Sheffield

2. Glasgow

3. Newcastle

4. Peterborough

5. Redcar

6. Edinburgh

7. Workington

8. Ipswich

9. Berwick

10. Scunthorpe

Swap Peterborough and Ipswich around

No keep it the original way

We don't mind really, I like the thought of being the underdog , no shocks if we fail but what a bonus if we come up with the goods when it matters. We have a good all round team with no superstars with a young up and coming NO7 which should make for a good season at the showground , away might prove a little bit difficult though and they will have work at it to grind out results. Team wise i'm more than happy just the double ups is going to cause the odd problem. Otherwise everything fine. Looking forward to march 2017 with optimism.

Ipswich must be top four or five surely

Of course we are, and will start the season as one of the favourites.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to phillipsr when he comments on Ipswich because he has a long lingering dislike for our club for some reason.

Edited by Catch22
  • Like 1

I think that it looks like a very competitive, with lots of good and decent teams.

Like it previous seasons I think that injuries will play a large part of who will do well and who won't.

But I think that you can also add to the equation this season how the doubling up effect will have bearing on who is successful.

With that in mind Glasgow for me have the upper hand as their top three as it stands have to give priority to Glasgow fixtures

Will be interesting to see how Edinburgh going with th rest of the team building, cannot not imagine them not going with Masters, so adding him to their line up it is difficult to try and piece together a decent line up, but they usually pull something out of the bag.

The two teams that I feel may struggle is Scunthorpe and Berwick, and dependant on who else to get in Edinburgh could well be down there with them.

Berwick will have to see what Bridger produces ,if he rides like a no1 will do ok IMO .These 2pt superstar reserves that everybody is talking about wont find it easy in this league.
  • Like 1

Of course we are, and will start the season as one of the favourites.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to phillipsr when he comments on Ipswich because he has a long lingering dislike for our club for some reason.

No i havent i just dont rate the team assembled. Full of over rated riders who wont step up any further

No i havent i just dont rate the team assembled. Full of over rated riders who wont step up any further

Yep the British Champion is overrated and so are Hume and Mountain!

Covatti will average similar and Newman and Heeps will be solid and i would expect Schlein to be fine.

No way will Ipswich be as low as 8th

Yep the British Champion is overrated and so are Hume and Mountain!

Covatti will average similar and Newman and Heeps will be solid and i would expect Schlein to be fine.

No way will Ipswich be as low as 8th

So King had one good meeting on a shocking track? I dont think he will increase his average nor will he be the top number 1 in the league.

Schlein could increase but several bad injuries will catch up with him.

Covatti wont increase.

Heeps and Newman are perrineal second strings cant see any improvement there

Hume and Mountain will average between 2.50-3 do no great shakes there either