British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

The Tai Woffinden Testimonial

I remember everyone saying the same thing this year.

However, that said dropping GB world cup commitment could see a few switch off their allegiance.

I think way more than a few but there was a lot of Boo's this year at Cardiff plus the play off finals was clear he is unpopular.

I wouldn't be surprised if he rode for his beloved Austrailia now.

I remember everyone saying the same thing this year.

However, that said dropping GB world cup commitment could see a few switch off their allegiance.

Not you thou Steve

Great news.

Tai doesnt deserve one.

Didnt bother turning up to the British Final whilst quitting Team GB. Yet now he wants a favour from the BSPA.

Well done BSPA.

Spot on imho

• Like 1

Not you thou Steve

he still gets my respect for what he has earned on the world stage.

I think way more than a few but there was a lot of Boo's this year at Cardiff plus the play off finals was clear he is unpopular.

I wouldn't be surprised if he rode for his beloved Austrailia now.

The 2 or 3 boos must have been drowned out by the 30 plus thousand I guess.

Just had a thought and nobody seems to have picked up on it.

So, basically apart from the Cardiff SGP the British public won't get to see him race.

What he's done there is already ruled himself out of the Peter Karlsson Farewell meeting, just think for a moment how bad that's looks!?!?

• Like 2

He doesnt deserve a testimonial i agree with that

But they hand them out like confetti and if someone like Kasprzak can get one then there must be others far more deserving

Go to sleep steve. You post on here 24 hours a day. 2.00 AM's in the morning and that. Jeez.

give it a rest.

all you do is come on here under various different names and post tripe. You keep replying to stevebrum everytime he posts so if he is on here 24/7 then you are as well.........now run along you must have some homework to do MonsterDaz

Does Pearson still do his PR ?

99% of the posts on here and Twitter are saying the same thing, supporting the BSPA stance.

So have he and his 'advisors' made a monumental cock up or is it all part of a carefully crafted PR campaign? Are they that clever?

Remember, it's all about him and there is 'no such thing as bad publicity', is he trying to copy the Nicki P persona ?

These latest antics have certainly put his name back in the spotlight and will be attracting attention of whatever sort.

As far as boo-ing, that should be a no no, it's just more proof that he has got a reaction, (Nicki loves playing the pantomime villain and the boo's that come with it). A far better reaction would be silence, complete indifference - think about it, your name's called, no one cheers, no one claps, no one boo's...no one gives a toss....how do you feel ?

It's weird that he was even offered a Testimonial for 10 years constant service to the EL when he didn't ride here in 2015. A Testimonial should be for 10 years consecutive service to a single club. That's it.

However, it's maybe harsh to have too much of a go at Tai because, chances are, he was offered one by Wolves in the first palce otherwise it probably wouldn't even have occured to him.

He says in the article that it was about having a spectacular meeting for British fans and not about the money - so maybe he'll still have an open meeting at Wolves anyway.

In fact, if Wolves really want to give him a testimonial they can hold the Tai Woffnden Spectacular, or something along those lines, and then give Tai all the profits.

Should be a good night.

A huge well done to the BSPA for standing up to this spoilt child.

Woffinden needs to look closer to home, to work out who is depriving the British public of seeing his undoubted talent. Are we, the British public, meant to be grateful for his camio appearances? Remind me, wasn't a league title medal up for grabs last time? Mmmm.

Who does he think he is kidding, when he says he is representing GB in the grand prixs? He is only interested in himself and money. He has turned his back on British speedway but expects it to jump to his tune.

It is really disappointing that he has turned out like this.

Well done again BSPA.

• Like 3

A huge well done to the BSPA for standing up to this spoilt child.

Woffinden needs to look closer to home, to work out who is depriving the British public of seeing his undoubted talent. Are we, the British public, meant to be grateful for his camio appearances? Remind me, wasn't a league title medal up for grabs last time? Mmmm.

Who does he think he is kidding, when he says he is representing GB in the grand prixs? He is only interested in himself and money. He has turned his back on British speedway but expects it to jump to his tune.

It is really disappointing that he has turned out like this.

Well done again BSPA.

I agree he doesnt deserve a testimonial and to ask for one is a bit daft.

But why should he have to ride here in our league??? Doyle , Lindgren and Holder are the only gp boys who do so why does Tai get criticised??

As i say he quite rightly doesnt get a testimonial but why whinge that he doesnt ride here?

• Like 2

He doesnt deserve a testimonial i agree with that

But they hand them out like confetti and if someone like Kasprzak can get one then there must be others far more deserving

I must admit the minute they gave KK one its clear they are no longer giving it to riders for giving 10 years of consistent commitment.

They got that one wrong then.

• Like 1

I agree he doesnt deserve a testimonial and to ask for one is a bit daft.

But why should he have to ride here in our league??? Doyle , Lindgren and Holder are the only gp boys who do so why does Tai get criticised??

As i say he quite rightly doesnt get a testimonial but why whinge that he doesnt ride here?

Because he's British.

• Like 1

Because he's British.

And? Is there a rule somewhere that if your British you have to ride here as i must of missed that.

I dont agree with him asking for a testimonial but he can earn a living where he wants and where he feels it will give him the best opportunity to become World champion.

• Like 2