British Speedway Forum
False dawn

Coventry Supporters 2017

I've been to Poole 4 times and won't be going again.

You clearly haven't been for a long long time if you think Poole has a blue groove.

Enjoy the racing at Leicester. Worst track in world speedway. Hopefully the Coventry fans won't have to suffer follow the leader for too long.

• Like 1

......Steve Shovlar........ Last time I went to Leicester I swore I would never set foot in the place again. 15 heats with not one single pass.

Ah.....that would be the Poole match last season that they expected to win but didn't. Not the tracks fault the riders weren't interested if they didn't gate. :P I actually saw some good racing in 2016 but of course it depends on the visiting riders being willing to give it a go and not just go through the motions. Chris Harris is usually brilliant at Beaumont Park and he definitely doesn't gate. Sorry Steve....it was nice to see you that night and hope you'll give it another try sometime this season.

• Like 1

You clearly haven't been for a long long time if you think Poole has a blue groove.

Enjoy the racing at Leicester. Worst track in world speedway. Hopefully the Coventry fans won't have to suffer follow the leader for too long.

I think your right about Leicester being the worst track in British Speedway, can only hope the new promotion are sorting it out now as it has drove so many fans away including away fans like yourself who won't return.

I don't believe it is a bad as you make out Steve, but if that is the case then I will happily endure this in the short term to make sure we still have a future (for the time being) at Brandon.

The sport of speedway is not all about passing, that was really the idea of the sport. 2 riders get to the front and work as a team, it is a team sport not an individual one. I get more out of watching 2 very skilled riders doing this, but as it has already been said the bikes are just to fast for thier own good and the good of the sport.

You get a rider go from the tapes, he has not got a care in the world about his mate, just as long as he crosses the line first to get the most money out of every race he is in. If he cared for once to look behind him, he could quite possibly help his team mate to get a second place and gain a few more 5-1s, instead of the 3 all we see far to often.

I have wached some great team riding, and that is what it should be. Save all the honour and glory, for when they are riding in an individual meeting.

With the changes this year, bar a few teams of are made the point that they are out to win the tittle, I think we will see some better meetings.

The sport of speedway is not all about passing, that was really the idea of the sport. 2 riders get to the front and work as a team, it is a team sport not an individual one. I get more out of watching 2 very skilled riders doing this, but as it has already been said the bikes are just to fast for thier own good and the good of the sport.

You get a rider go from the tapes, he has not got a care in the world about his mate, just as long as he crosses the line first to get the most money out of every race he is in. If he cared for once to look behind him, he could quite possibly help his team mate to get a second place and gain a few more 5-1s, instead of the 3 all we see far to often.

I have wached some great team riding, and that is what it should be. Save all the honour and glory, for when they are riding in an individual meeting.

With the changes this year, bar a few teams of are made the point that they are out to win the tittle, I think we will see some better meetings.

Team riding is great, trying to help your team mate through is great, a good pass is great, follow the leader is not so great .....

Ah, ah, ah,

I take a couple of days off and we go from offering each other lifts to slagging off each other's tracks.

Please, this thread is about one thing. Support your local team even if they are racing up the road a way. I will not stifle debate on any subject or from any contributor. But there is a well established thread or two for where this is going on. Not here.

Now who wants a lift?

• Like 3

Ah, ah, ah,

I take a couple of days off and we go from offering each other lifts to slagging off each other's tracks.

Please, this thread is about one thing. Support your local team even if they are racing up the road a way. I will not stifle debate on any subject or from any contributor. But there is a well established thread or two for where this is going on. Not here.

Now who wants a lift?

Spot on! It's this kind of bickering that squashes a good initiative flat. I wish sometimes people would realise that for a greater good it's sometimes better to keep their opinions to themselves. Or, as an old friend used to say: if you can say anything positive then say nowt!

Also, although this thread is abouit lifts perhaps nearer the time it would be a good idea to have a thread just for fans to broadcast that they are travelling up the M1. It could encourage those who are having doubts to make the trips.

Only been to Leicester once to see the Bees win there. A fair bit of passing in view particualrly from Harris.

Edited by bluebee

Surely Horton is already organising a mini bus from brandon to take fans to Leicester for free?

Surely Horton is already organising a mini bus from brandon to take fans to Leicester for free?

11-pictures-of-men-fishing-free-cliparts

• Like 5

Yawn. Constructive as usual. Surprised you didn't suggest a motorbike and sidecar. Should have expected the sarcasm from the Poole direction. After all, the preferred vision for British speedway on the South Coast is a season full of only weekly meetings between Poole A and Poole B teams with multi coach visits for their old age fans to the Brandon, Blunsdon, and Belle Vue housing estates, amongst all the other urban developments over old shale raceways, for a trip down memory way. Apologies to all the fans on here who have a real sense of what is happening to speedway at the moment but why down your just P Off!

I don't think anyone is expecting whatever transport is put on to be free.

woz01 I don't think it was meant as a serious suggestion just the typical comment from a very sad individual who likes to take the mickey out of other people's misfortunes. Like the kind of bloke who makes jokes about people less fortunate than themselves, I suspect.

I don't believe it is a bad as you make out Steve, but if that is the case then I will happily endure this in the short term to make sure we still have a future (for the time being) at Brandon.

It is that bad. Seen four meetings and three passes.

It is that bad. Seen four meetings and three passes.

Ah bless.I only see Lynn there once last season and you could double the amount of passes than what you saw in four :party:.Maybe just your riders can't get to grips with the track.But then most people think the tracks are rubbish when their teams get beat on it.The track isn't perfect but it isn't as bad as you are trying to make out.

Just realised this is the Coventry supporters thread,thought it was Leicester's sorry to you Coventry fans.