British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Bspa Chairman - Keith Chapman

Buster and the BSPA are now truly going to stand or fall by their - shortly due out - Big Marketing UK Wide push for new fans. If this fails to fill the yawning gaps on terraces then the entire basis of professional speedway will come to an end in the UK. The back to basics of racing ( on simpler, cheaper bikes and that one bike on the back of your car ) will be all that the sport can afford from turnstile incomes.

Buster and the BSPA are now truly going to stand or fall by their - shortly due out - Big Marketing UK Wide push for new fans. If this fails to fill the yawning gaps on terraces then the entire basis of professional speedway will come to an end in the UK. The back to basics of racing ( on simpler, cheaper bikes and that one bike on the back of your car ) will be all that the sport can afford from turnstile incomes.

I hope Buster has had some help with a marketing strategy because, if the absence of just about anything in this area of operations at King's Lynn over the last couple of years is followed, the yawning gaps on the terraces will become giant chasms :cry:

We're all going to get a new poster - which will probably mean little to the audience it will try to attract!!!!

We're all going to get a new poster - which will probably mean little to the audience it will try to attract!!!!

If so as the dour full Fraser tells it " we're doomed, we're doomed - doomed I tell ye"

We have a number of ideas to attract new people to Lynn this season. One idea is to attract more kids, Nicklas and I are visiting Downham market high school in early March. Unfortunately King's Lynn Academy and Springwood high school Principles have not replied to our letter, with our offer to visit the schools to talk to the kids about speedway and the Kings Lynn Stars.

I think all clubs should send season passes to all schools from primary to high school and anyone 17 and under get in free all season with a paying adult.

I think in the ipswich and surrounding areas there must be absolute thousands and thousands

Social media marketing highlighting the danger, the crashes etc for 18-30yr old males emphasisng on a "good night out for your mates"

30+ advertise it as a family event through local media, over 55's are already hooked

We have a number of ideas to attract new people to Lynn this season. One idea is to attract more kids, Nicklas and I are visiting Downham market high school in early March. Unfortunately King's Lynn Academy and Springwood high school Principles have not replied to our letter, with our offer to visit the schools to talk to the kids about speedway and the Kings Lynn Stars.

Well done, it's great to hear you're doing this, pro active for the club and sport 😊

Do hope you will be giving out free admission passes to the over 11 yrs olds if accompanied by a parent . Another way of introducing new supporters,,,,,,,,,

All ways has to be introduced to give people the opportunity to see the excitement on offer..,,,,

I think for the next five years speedway needs to go kids free to attract the next generation and thats under17's of course if accompanied by an adult, if in that time the sport can get down to £10/12 entry or even grow commercially to attrqct bigger names and sit at £15 all the merrier

Kids follow kids, if thats going to football, clubs, mma, cinema or kaspers

Last year for the Colts Belle Vue charged £10 for adults, £8 concessions and everyone under 18 free. Considering the surroundings and quality of the racing it was excellent value. Unfortunately, I can't say that I saw many children in the crowd.

Last year for the Colts Belle Vue charged £10 for adults, £8 concessions and everyone under 18 free. Considering the surroundings and quality of the racing it was excellent value. Unfortunately, I can't say that I saw many children in the crowd.

Most kids wouldn't go to speedway even if you paid them as its not on their radar at all. Its the digital age and speedway along with many other sports will continue to suffer declining attendances...

• Like 1

Most kids wouldn't go to speedway even if you paid them as its not on their radar at all. Its the digital age and speedway along with many other sports will continue to suffer declining attendances...

Exactly, so wouldn't it be great if their was an android and Apple app that interacted with the kids (and adults) during the meeting. Times have moved on and paper programs are a thing of the past!

• Like 4

Exactly, so wouldn't it be great if their was an android and Apple app that interacted with the kids (and adults) during the meeting. Times have moved on and paper programs are a thing of the past!

I actually suggested this 3 or 4 yrs ago, Not thinking of anyone else other than myself having problems filling in a program. Either its because, I cant hear the result or the time, not enough light to see properly , the pens run out, left me glasses at home, there are a number of reason why I stopped filling in programs and usually do it the next day with the help of the update website.

Having an updated app would be a obvious choice . It don't have to be free, a charge could be made to make up the cost involved.... The old style program could be changed into a monthly magazine keeping fans up to date with every thing..... instead of being ripped off reading the same every week......

Obvious I know but get the kid's there and their parents or guardians have to take them! Family areas would be a start where all the kids can be together, forging friendship's and meaning they can't wait to go the week after..

Allocate someone to 'fuss over them' (little cherubs), provide free merchandise, photos with riders,etc etc and who knows maybe they will want to go every week!

And the huge opportunity for the sport is 99.99% of the local conurbation are not attending. You don't actually need to attract the same people every week just as long as you attract the right number to hit your budget..

Then if that works, don't blow it by charging kids when they get to their teenage years as that is when 'other interests' can take over and they are also by that stage getting into and understanding (good luck with that) some of the sports many rules and regs..

Wouldn't be a fortune surely to have a PS4 in a club house, free WiFi etc for the teenagers to use? Build a bloody skate park if you can!

Got to be more 'cool' today to attract the 'dudes' and 'bros' of this world

Innit...

• Like 3

Obvious I know but get the kid's there and their parents or guardians have to take them! Family areas would be a start where all the kids can be together, forging friendship's and meaning they can't wait to go the week after..

Allocate someone to 'fuss over them' (little cherubs), provide free merchandise, photos with riders,etc etc and who knows maybe they will want to go every week!

And the huge opportunity for the sport is 99.99% of the local conurbation are not attending. You don't actually need to attract the same people every week just as long as you attract the right number to hit your budget..

Then if that works, don't blow it by charging kids when they get to their teenage years as that is when 'other interests' can take over and they are also by that stage getting into and understanding (good luck with that) some of the sports many rules and regs..

Wouldn't be a fortune surely to have a PS4 in a club house, free WiFi etc for the teenagers to use? Build a bloody skate park if you can!

Got to be more 'cool' today to attract the 'dudes' and 'bros' of this world

Innit...

Hey, why not build a small ovall track, stick some old/used red shale, get volunteers to help, stick a wire mesh fence around it, put some old/cheap Speedway related banners on the fence, a white line and an improvo start line, maybe, just maybe the kids will ride round it, emulating what goes on, on track!!

If something like that had of been available when I was a child, hey, might of got hooked earlier....