British Speedway Forum

I was wondering why the clubs haven't been up in arms about this, riders contracts have been signed, then Sky pull out. But it transpires Sky are still paying for the current deal, but it costs so much to put it on, they're not showing it. Other sports are begging Sky for air time, and it's so much cheaper to show them than a sport like Speedway.

Some may find this strange, but Sky have spent so much on Football they need to make drastic savings, and this was one way to do it.

Look at the facts, clubs not moaning, BT get it for free, I think what I've heard is correct. How many clubs could afford to lose the Sky money after contracts have been signed?

If this is true then good news all round, no one has to worry about clubs running out of money half way through the season :t:

• Like 1

And what's also good news for both BT and Sky,is that a High Court ruling yesterday blocked Kodi from delivering un-licenced free streaming via their boxes and apps.Somehow think they will find a way around it though,they always do.

And what's also good news for both BT and Sky,is that a High Court ruling yesterday blocked Kodi from delivering un-licenced free streaming via their boxes and apps.Somehow think they will find a way around it though,they always do.

Yes i agree they will find a way round it but what about the companies that sell subscriptions to watch Sky, BT etc on streaming devices,shouldn't they be taken to court or banned?

Yes i agree they will find a way round it but what about the companies that sell subscriptions to watch Sky, BT etc on streaming devices,shouldn't they be taken to court or banned?

Think the courts are trying to send out a message,one bloke from Hartlepool(probably Jeff Stelling)has just been given a suspended prison sentence,and fined £250,000 for selling illegal boxes in the local pubs.

Blimey,youve got to move a lot of boxes to cover that sort of fine.

If this is true then good news all round, no one has to worry about clubs running out of money half way through the season :t:

Thats all very well but what happens next season 0-18 if BT only do seasons contract, where does the money come from then ?

Edited by Starman2006

Kodi is not the issue. Kodi is a completely legal piece of software. Its the third party app producers that piggy back on Kodi that is the problem. Kodi doesn't want them but can't stop them from using their platform.

If Kodi stop third party apps the software will be rendered useless for all legal apps that use it. Nothing will change and the courts have no power over app writers living outside the UK, even if they could trace them, which would be extremely difficult. And even if they knew who they were a guy living in abu dahbi will probably just raise his middle finger and tell them to swivel.

Think the courts are trying to send out a message,one bloke from Hartlepool(probably Jeff Stelling)has just been given a suspended prison sentence,and fined £250,000 for selling illegal boxes in the local pubs.

Blimey,youve got to move a lot of boxes to cover that sort of fine.

Having Been to Hartlepool once i didn't see anyone who looked they could afford a 2.50 fine let alone 250,000!

• Like 4

I find it fascinating that modern technology is talked so freely on a speedway forum :D

HDMI and Chromecast = modern technology? That sums up speedway and it's luddite ways :D

And when it's all said and done you will be able to cut and paste pretty much every comment on a live match thread to-

"Where is the crowd?"

"How do they survive on gates like that?"

"The track looks awful, if the telly wasn't here it would have been called off"

"Zero racing, no wonder no one comes to watch"

"X team is playing for time and hoping for a rain off before heat 10"

"X makes himself look an idiot by saying there was no contact when the replay shows there was"

well I for pne think good riddance to sky .theyve had far too much power dictating when matches are goin to br arranged for with the paying not being thought of . and too much pwer during televised meetings especially rain affected matches when one team wants a track inspection who remembers the belle vue v poole debacle a

• Like 1

well I for pne think good riddance to sky .theyve had far too much power dictating when matches are goin to br arranged for with the paying not being thought of . and too much pwer during televised meetings especially rain affected matches when one team wants a track inspection who remembers the belle vue v poole debacle a

Anything to do with Poole eh HC..

well I for pne think good riddance to sky .

maybe you would have not been quite so pleased to see the back of SKY (who paid more into UK speedway than any other single source of sponsorship since they have been covering our sport) If there was not another TV company prepared to take over?

• Like 2

That will be the final nail in the coffin of professional speedway ( or speedway as we know it ) in the UK when BT pull out or pay zero into the sport because it is the Sky money which has been propping it up for years.

• Like 1

That will be the final nail in the coffin of professional speedway ( or speedway as we know it ) in the UK when BT pull out or pay zero into the sport because it is the Sky money which has been propping it up for years.

yes the writing has been on the wall for some time now. This is why the changes for 2017 have been put into place as the sport begins to comes to terms with running within its means and doing awy with the service of riders it cant afford. It is a great pity but, speedway has been here before and has come back strong. Good housekeeping/prudent business is a start...Good weather during 2017 will be a great help too.

• Like 1