British Speedway Forum

Do you need the Sky Sports package to get BT Sports or can you ditch Sky Sports and just get BT Sports?

Sky sports is an extra package so you can cancel sky sports and keep the basic package and add BT sport.

Sky sports is an extra package so you can cancel sky sports and keep the basic package and add BT sport.

Yep you can do that as well. 6 month free BT then you pay £7.50 a month for a 12 month contract. If you cancel before the 12 months are up you pay £5 per month for the duration.

Edited by Starman2006

Do you need the Sky Sports package to get BT Sports or can you ditch Sky Sports and just get BT Sports?

No, as previous posters have said, there are several options. Have a look on www.bt.com/sky I have a Sky+ box and subscribe to the general family package, with no films and no Skysport. I do however have BT for my phone and BT Infinity fibre Broadband. I get BT Sport 1 thrown in for free as part of my Broadband package, but tonight added the full BT Sport package to the Sky platform. The first 6 months are free, then its £7-50 per month for the next 6 months. That works out at only £3-75 per month over a 12 month period for all the BT Sport channels plus a few extras like Box Nation as well. The only condition for the deal was to renew my BT Broadband package for a new 12 month contract. I was happy to do that as its been excellent. Looked a good deal to me, and they turned it on within 10 minutes via my Sky box. I could have had HD for another £5, but didn't bother. Happy days!

• Like 1

Best deal here.

Sportsmania.eu. Every sports channel you can think of for £1 a week no buffering in HD. On kodi, ipad, whatever. Of course its illegal streams.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Best deal here.

Sportsmania.eu. Every sports channel you can think of for £1 a week no buffering in HD. On kodi, ipad, whatever. Of course its illegal streams.https://www.dropbox.com/s/7scllefr7qm191z/Photo%2008-03-2017%2C%2020%2035%2052.jpg?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/9apvni6ap08y9tq/Photo%2008-03-2017%2C%2020%2039%2028.jpg?dl=0

I phoned Sky today to cancel Sky Sports and they have given it to me for £2.50 per month and that's legal.

I phoned Sky today to cancel Sky Sports and they have given it to me for £2.50 per month and that's legal.

Sky sports for £2.50 a month? You must be in an extremely small minority.

• Like 1

Sky sports for £2.50 a month? You must be in an extremely small minority.

They didn't really take much persuading. I do have the full sky package but I wasn't threatening to cancel anything else.

I hope that BT are paying at least the same as SKY .....preferably more

All the comments on here relating to "cash" payments to the Premiership, seem to indicate that it's a "ZERO" payment arrangement.

Almost like BT are doing GB Premiership Speedway A favour, that being each club in the Premiership will get TV exposure, and the reward is to not lose any sponsor money on the back of losing the Sky Sports exposure..

Perhaps we'll find out the true financials of the BT deal at some stage....

a liar calling someone else a liar . show us your meal ticket from berwick , oh and the airplane ticket that took you back to peterborough ..

Liar.

Show us your bill?

i can beat 2.50 a month, believe it or not !

• Like 2

Liar.

Show us your bill?

a liar calling someone else a liar . show us your meal ticket from berwick , oh and the airplane ticket that took you back to peterborough ..

i

And whilst you're at it Jezza Fan show us your birth certificate. You're ful of sh\t

• Like 3

we all need to continue attending trackside whether meetings are on TV or not.

300 mile round trip! No thanks.

And now we only get 1/2 the season televised... poor show.

Niamh

And whilst you're at it Jezza Fan show us your birth certificate. You're ful of sh\t

at least i have a birth certificate !

shall i send you a pm regarding the sports channels or do you still want to be stuck in the dark ages ?

It hardly matters How or Why BT now control all UK broadcast speedway racing ( and the GPs )' It represents the tiniest sliver of their sport broadcasting and we fans ( those that enjoy it live on TV that is ) are lucky that someone has taken it on at all. When the contract does run out I can't see them bothering to re-negotiate as it is never going to be an income earner is it? The only winner - IF it turns out BT paid anything for the rights, then of course Go Speed / RR are the real winners ( again ). As the BSPA have never found a major sponsor even during 15 years of Sky coverage ( under several "great leaders" ), what hope of that is there now?