British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

Just a quick heads up for anyone looking to sign up to Discovery player in the UK for British and GP Speedway.

I would hold off if possible as it looks like the rights may be moving back to BT/EE sport as part of the BT & Discovery joint venture. 

BT/EE are keen to get some more live content on their channels during the summer months when there is no Football and Rugby Union so Speedway has been Identified as one of the moves from Eurosport as it’s simple to do with Discovery holding GP staging rights and BSPL happy to accept any live UK Broadcaster just to keep the sport on TV.

This could actually be beneficial to UK viewers as it will mean less clashes and scheduling issues when Eurosport have Cycling, Tennis and Athletics so hopefully wouldn’t get the big gaps in Speedway broadcasts when the French Open Tennis is on in May and Tour d France in July.

On a side note as a result of this merger/ Joint Venture, If you pay BT or EE directly for BT sports you can now sign up to get Discovery sports access for Free

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Just a quick heads up for anyone looking to sign up to Discovery player in the UK for British and GP Speedway.

I would hold off if possible as it looks like the rights may be moving back to BT/EE sport as part of the BT & Discovery joint venture. 

BT/EE are keen to get some more live content on their channels during the summer months when there is no Football and Rugby Union so Speedway has been Identified as one of the moves from Eurosport as it’s simple to do with Discovery holding GP staging rights and BSPL happy to accept any live UK Broadcaster just to keep the sport on TV.

This could actually be beneficial to UK viewers as it will mean less clashes and scheduling issues when Eurosport have Cycling, Tennis and Athletics so hopefully wouldn’t get the big gaps in Speedway broadcasts when the French Open Tennis is on in May and Tour d France in July.

On a side note as a result of this merger/ Joint Venture, If you pay BT or EE directly for BT sports you can now sign up to get Discovery sports access for Free

Isn’t  BT Sport something like £25 per month? whilst Discovery+ annual fee is £60 (£5 pm).
 BT Sport paid a lot of money for football and subscribers pay the price for that. That’s ok if you are a football freak and watch a lot. I don’t, nor do I watch boxing, so I would be paying a lot for sports I don’t want to watch.  Where as with Discovery+ I got speedway GP, rally cross, cyclo cross, skiing, all for a fiver per month. I can watch MotoGP on ITV4 on Monday evenings during its season.  Just two nights ago I extended Discovery+ into a second year as from Feb 4th.

8 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Isn’t  BT Sport something like £25 per month? whilst Discovery+ annual fee is £60 (£5 pm).
 BT Sport paid a lot of money for football and subscribers pay the price for that. That’s ok if you are a football freak and watch a lot. I don’t, nor do I watch boxing, so I would be paying a lot for sports I don’t want to watch.  Where as with Discovery+ I got speedway GP, rally cross, cyclo cross, skiing, all for a fiver per month. I can watch MotoGP on ITV4 on Monday evenings during its season.  Just two nights ago I extended Discovery+ into a second year as from Feb 4th.

How much did you pay to renew

I watched on Eurosport, a channel I got for free, so having to pay the £30+ extra per month to keep watching is far from beneficial to me.  Will it still be available through the normal Discovery+ packages, just using the BT linear channels for scheduling, or will it be exclusively part of the BT Sport subscription?

I could not justify the cost of BT Sport for speedway alone previously, it is all I would watch on there and I do not watch any other motorsports. So I stopped watching British speedway after it left Sky, and used a VPN to watch the GPs via the YouTube world feed.  But there is no longer an easy to watch world feed, only their useless app which does not even have iPad support.

If it remains part of the Discovery+ service I would end up subscribing to that, otherwise I will try to watch the GPs on illegal streams but if they become too unreliable then I guess I am done with them.

So much for all the comments back when FIM awarded the promotion to Eurosport Events of how the new partnership would grow the sport and open up speedway to reach new audiences.  First they make most of the Speedway of Nations exclusive to a streaming service, and now they seem set to move the coverage from a basic package channel back to a premium one.

Anyone subscribing to Discovery+ I think there is a current offer for 20% off, taking £60 down to £48 for the year.

If anyone has broadband/phone through BT, i got an email to say I can get discovery+ for free , Eurosport part of discovery so free league and GP speedway :D happy days especially since my discovery l was soon to renew 

6 hours ago, Neila said:

If anyone has broadband/phone through BT, i got an email to say I can get discovery+ for free , Eurosport part of discovery so free league and GP speedway :D happy days especially since my discovery l was soon to renew 

I presume that free discovery+ is linked to the bt broadband subscribed to BTSport.

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I presume that free discovery+ is linked to the bt broadband subscribed to BTSport.

Yes got to have a BT account so it's linked to that, I watch BT sport via app on my smart TV, so now I also have a discovery account via a BT link, which I can also access on my smart TV, happy days £69 saved :D

20 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yes got to have a BT account so it's linked to that, I watch BT sport via app on my smart TV, so now I also have a discovery account via a BT link, which I can also access on my smart TV, happy days £69 saved :D

6 hours ago, Neila said:

I forgot how much BT Sport costs these days. 

Anyone know the price.

6 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I forgot how much BT Sport costs these days. 

Anyone know the price.

It's free via app if BT provide phon/broadband 

Do you have a link for being a bt road and client and getting btsport app free.

I done a quick search and cannot find it, so need your help please.

I see  that the BT Sport/Eurosport merger has been officially announced and is called TNT sports. So BT sport changes name in August and Eurosport will close the following year. Currently have 7 channels between them but that number will be reduced.

It seems current BT Sport content will be moved to the discovery plus app in time which must mean an increase in subscription rates. If they put football, rugby, ufc and the other sports I can’t see it being £60 a year.

I understand BT paid too much for the football contract, so when does their football contract end. I not particularly keen on paying for something I unlikely to watch. Same with boxing, cricket, wrestling etc