British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway On Tv And The Internet In 2024

Lot of people got f1 and motogp on Xbox & PS5, so what about Speedway on Video Game.

Edited by speed29

Looking to set up my Sky box to record this weekends SGP from Germany, and it's not listed on my onscreen planner for Eurosport 2 (CH411).  I consulted my Total TV paper, and no listing there as well.  Any ideas as to why this is?

1 hour ago, Tim Templeton said:

Looking to set up my Sky box to record this weekends SGP from Germany, and it's not listed on my onscreen planner for Eurosport 2 (CH411).  I consulted my Total TV paper, and no listing there as well.  Any ideas as to why this is?

Because it’s not on live because they have more important sport to show !! It is live on Eurosport player and Discovery+ from 17.55 UK time.

• Thanks 1

With the Ekstraliga being far and away the No1  Speedway League in the world , have  Eurosport ever considered showing live coverage of Polish League meetings alongside their British Speedway coverage. It would certainly fit in with their claim of showing the worlds leading motorsport.

Such a shame that UK Speedway fans cannot watch live Ekstraliga Speedway coverage in HD with English commentary. 

17 hours ago, Fullmax said:

With the Ekstraliga being far and away the No1  Speedway League in the world , have  Eurosport ever considered showing live coverage of Polish League meetings alongside their British Speedway coverage. It would certainly fit in with their claim of showing the worlds leading motorsport.

Such a shame that UK Speedway fans cannot watch live Ekstraliga Speedway coverage in HD with English commentary. 

Premier Sports dabbled with it a few years ago but the commentary wasn't that great. Didn't Terry Russell have something to do with buying the TV rights for it to be shown in this country?

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Premier Sports dabbled with it a few years ago but the commentary wasn't that great. Didn't Terry Russell have something to do with buying the TV rights for it to be shown in this country?

Terry did a PPV streaming towards the end of the season - for the play-offs quite a few seasons ago now.2016 i think it was and i’m still waiting for my refund when Torun refused to ride in the final 2nd leg in Gorzow.

Has anyone used the Berwick stream ?

Just want to know if it's a good signal so not dropping in and out all the time.

Thanks in advance for any info

Listenening to Talksport this afternoon , Hawksbee and Jacobs were getting extremely excited about the world hot dog eating contest in America and interviewing one of the organisers ffs !

How the hell can Britain's no1 Sports station totally ignore Speedway. With ex 3 x  world Champion Tai Woffinden and 2 of the worlds best riders in Bewley and Lambert what would it take for Talksport to show some interest . Sadly since losing Nigel Pearson Speedway has lost its greatest voice in the media. The only fleeting mention you'll sometimes hear is Jacobs occasionally saying "it's over after the 1st band ".

16 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Listenening to Talksport this afternoon , Hawksbee and Jacobs were getting extremely excited about the world hot dog eating contest in America and interviewing one of the organisers ffs !

How the hell can Britain's no1 Sports station totally ignore Speedway. With ex 3 x  world Champion Tai Woffinden and 2 of the worlds best riders in Bewley and Lambert what would it take for Talksport to show some interest . Sadly since losing Nigel Pearson Speedway has lost its greatest voice in the media. The only fleeting mention you'll sometimes hear is Jacobs occasionally saying "it's over after the 1st band ".

It is a lighthearted comedy show though, they never talk seriously about anything other than Football or Cricket... so unless you want Speedway mentioned in the comedy slot, you're never going to hear about it on that show unless Tai is in plugging the British GP.

Didn't talkSport(2) used to have a motorsport show hosted by Andy Jaye (the guy that used to present the SGP on Eurosport) and Scott Nicholls on for a short run?

11 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Is the gp not live on Eurosport tonight can anyone put me right please.

No highlights show on Sunday  at 6pm

Thanks for that I’ve just looked again and we have fallen behind cycling in the pecking order you have got to laugh.

11 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Thanks for that I’ve just looked again and we have fallen behind cycling in the pecking order you have got to laugh.

No floodlights so early start needed in Latvia .:unsure: 

It's time again to say thank you so much to @racers and royals for the sterling work in keeping us all informed of what's on, also when & where it can be viewed, absolutely brilliant and invaluable, please keep doing it next season, I'm sure there are plenty of us who benefit from the info.

Thank you Tim.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, nw42 said:

It's time again to say thank you so much to @racers and royals for the sterling work in keeping us all informed of what's on, also when & where it can be viewed, absolutely brilliant and invaluable, please keep doing it next season, I'm sure there are plenty of us who benefit from the info.

Thank you Tim.

Thanks for the kind words. It’s a pleasure keeping up with what’s on. I do have some sympathy for the PPV companies like Fanseat so it’s my decision not to publicise any streams  of   Swedish and Danish league- the exception is the PPV of the SEC which i believe is a step too far by Onesport and on that occasion more than happy to promote streams !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1