British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Scunthorpe Scorpions . Championship League Sat 1st April 2017 At 7 P.m.

I've never liked Peterborough as a race track, as did a certain S.Lawson from memory. Conversely I do like the viewing side of it at Peterborough, but not keen on the viewing at the EWR which to me is a bit too low down and not the best viewing which doesn't help. As Neck Brace Tony said its whatever floats your boat, and the EWR doesn't do it for me.

Cracking view from the veranda outside the bar :wink:

Brand new clubhouse and bar this year. ;)

All the best

Rob

I'll visit it a week on Sunday :drink:

I'll visit it a week on Sunday :drink:

I thought if I headed in that direction, that might be the best place to find you. :cheers:

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

19-71 would be nice!

All the best

Rob

if scunthorpe score 71 point at Glasgow all season you'll be doing well

#woodenspoon :rofl:

• Like 1

Josh seems to be not up to speed only getting his points off lower riders or gifted points thro falls/retirements.

as I said previous postings, Josh A not quite there. Regularly beating lower guys but can't beat top racers. We shall see what tomorrow brings on his home track but will never be more than a 7-7.5 pointer, not an outright no 1.

if scunthorpe score 71 point at Glasgow all season you'll be doing well

#woodenspoon :rofl:

got 29 so far with 20 heats to go.!!!!!!!!!!

enjoying this justere2cgoodspeedway? will wait for your reply!!

• Like 1

at least we gave them a fright after 11 heats. top riders will hurt us in heats 12, 13 & 15. we need to be well in front before the last 4 heats.( you can check back on records for last 2 seasons or more.)

at least we gave them a fright after 11 heats. top riders will hurt us in heats 12, 13 & 15. we need to be well in front before the last 4 heats.( you can check back on records for last 2 seasons or more.)

To be fair you could only do better than last year but fair play to the Scorps they certainly made a fist off things up until the latter heats. But as it was our first team meeting off the season the younger lads are finding there feet but very encouraging signs on that front.

Very impressed with Tom Perry tonight looked smooth and quick and whilst young Dan & Jack didn't score as many as hoped they are only going to click especially Dan the heat he won from Auty and Wallner was very fast and stylish.

All in all a satisfactory start to the campaign and this team will take some stopping once they are all up to speed.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

If MPT could gate it would have been a serious fright. Auty put in a standard Ashfield performance with Douglas and Kerr starting well but fading. Wallner looked decent for a first visit from reserve.

A decent ish opener, the floodlights under darkness were superb and added to the atmosphere. Jack Smith looks a bit raw and Bewley lacked speed all night even though he won a heat. He'll have to be on the pace next week as NCL will be a much bigger challenge.

Very impressed with Tom Perry tonight looked smooth and quick

Absolutely, a decent start though was lucky his chain snapped exiting turn 4 than entering in ht7.

Bit follow the leaderish though , very slick track with gating at a premium . Need to up our game a bit in the earlier heats for next week .

Bit follow the leaderish though , very slick track with gating at a premium . Need to up our game a bit in the earlier heats for next week .

The track was alway's going to be slick though when you consider how much rain has fallen since the start off the week only way they could have prepared it.

First meeting alway's throws up a bit of the unknown they will be more at ease next week especially the younger riders ,with this team i think we should fear nobody as they are only going to develop into a potent septet over the coming months.

No it is NOT a windup. And advisable not to put yourself on a pedestal when - in fact - any time I've been (7 or 8 times the last few years) the "racing" has been pathetic and a complete "yawnfest", processional with no passing - that's the fact of it, it may be unpalatable to you but that's how it's been any time I've visited the EWR and the reason why I've no great wish to return there any time soon.

By contrast I've found Ashfield to be a real racers track, and far better than the EWR which I've found to be way, way, WAY over-rated and processional with no passing any time I've been to the EWR. I can only speak from my own experience.

Wow so much passing tonight, think there may be more in the first two heats at the EWR tomorrow. :lol:

Wow so much passing tonight, think there may be more in the first two heats at the EWR tomorrow. :lol:

Your attempt at oneupmanship is poor at best just because somebody dared to say that he hasn't seen a good meeting at Scunthorpe heaven forbid, for the record i have saw a fair few stinkers everywhere including Scunthorpe so do you need a hand to get off that horse that is very high.

If you read my last post the track was slick due to the amount off rain that has fallen all week in Glasgow but look on the bright side if the track was grippier tonight your team would in all likelihood have been hammered again so every cloud has a silver lining.

Best off luck tomorrow on the racing front heard your track is super Lol. :rofl:

Edited by Gazc