British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

World Under 21 Championship 2017 Live On Tv

I`ve been waiting for that kind of accident all night, dangerous horrible track where riders are just there to survive which is not the kind of speedway I like to watch.

Well done Drabik on a very difficult track, interesting to see if he is as dominant on the smaller Gustrow circuit.

Looked like one of our old members there with Henrik Möller standing by the ambulance.Rasmus Terkelsen?

Haven't seen Jesper,but had to laugh at the old Polish guy who must have been wearing the same green stuff with the green cap for 10 years or more????? :rofl:

Möller and Terkelsen indeed :)

Haha I was wearing a blue shirt, got on tv quite a few times I heard.

The oldie is Wieslaw Runke, always in green with his Boll cap haha. Great to see such dedicated people every weekend.

• Like 1

As expected Poland uses the meeting to show off their new riders, we have never heard off and will conquer all. Such is their production line. I think I'm right when saying 5 out of the last 6 U21 World Champions' have been Polish.

Drabik fits the post to a tee. Exceptionally quick, makes every gate and made everyone else look second best... When you consider the state of the track and the lack of racing this chap was special. You just knew he was going to win such was his persona and air of invincibility.

What happened to Lambert? He won his first two rides easily and then when I looked at the updates he'd had three last places.

What happened to Lambert? He won his first two rides easily and then when I looked at the updates he'd had three last places.

Had a crash and appeared to be in discomfort (pain) in his next heats.

• Like 1

As expected Poland uses the meeting to show off their new riders, we have never heard off and will conquer all. Such is their production line. I think I'm right when saying 5 out of the last 6 U21 World Champions' have been Polish.

Drabik fits the post to a tee. Exceptionally quick, makes every gate and made everyone else look second best... When you consider the state of the track and the lack of racing this chap was special. You just knew he was going to win such was his persona and air of invincibility.

Not sure they are unheard of, anyone who watches polish extraliga will know about them, smektala has looked average for the last few seasons until looking much better this year, Woryna has looked much better this season too but wasnt great at coventry last season and Drabik on his day and the right track is ok, but no better than the Aussie trio of Fricke, Kurtz and Holder in my opinion

Drabik looked decidedly average in last week's Polish under 21 championship, where he should have dominated like he did yesterday

I remember Pawel Przedpelski was going to be the one, then last year it was Krystian Piezczek but in reality once they are to old for the reserve places they often lose there places in the dog eat dog world of Polish Speedway

I think a lot of people think they are better than what they actually are just because they are Polish, but for every Zmarslik or Dudek, there is a Daniel Pytel,Kamil adamczewski, Pawel hlib or Karol zabik

None of them will be as good as Zmarslik but it's only my opinions, they could all make me eat my words

Tbh i was wondering yesterday if this was a poor year for the U21's.Ok i am willing to give the track a fair bit of the blame,but Drabik aside the quality seemed poor.The two Danes,especially Partick Hansen looked well off the pace.Lyager only finished a point behind Lambert(i think) but looked nowhere near as good.Lambert did look good at the start and give him the benefit of the doubt that he might have injured himself and that caused his poor form afterwards.But his gating looks like it will hinder his progress.There are just going to be tracks like this one where it will be hard to impossible to pass and when you add opposition who will be hard to impossible to pass,you have no chance if you give them a few metres head start to the first bend.How much Brady Kurtz injury hampered him i can't say.Kostigovs was about the best of the rest without doing much

Just have to wait until Güstrow to get a better idea,although as i mentioned elsewhere i am hoping to make it to the Danish U21 final at the weekend to see just where these two Danes stand against some of the other hopefulls

Edited by iris123

2nd round is in Gustrow on Friday September 8th

line-up

Lista startowa II rundy EKO-DIR FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship:
1. Dominik Kubera #463 (Polska)
2. Alexander Woentin #73 (Szwecja)
3. Jack Holder #25 (Australia)
4. Michael Härtel #16 (Niemcy) - Dzika Karta
5. Max Fricke #1 (Australia)
6. Patrick Hansen #124 (Dania)
7. Robert Lambert #505 (Wielka Brytania)
8. Brady Kurtz #101 (Australia)
9. Maksym Drabik #133 (Polska)
10. Dimitri Berge #96 (Francja)
11. Lukas Fienhage #76 (Niemcy)
12. Kacper Woryna #222 (Polska)
13. Eduard Krcmar #263 (Czechy)
14. Andreas Lyager #114 (Dania)
15. Bartosz Smektała #115 (Polska)
16. Jewgienij Kostygow #113 (Łotwa)

17. Dominik Möser (Niemcy)
18. Lukas Baumann (Niemcy)

Edited by racers and royals

Not sure they are unheard of, anyone who watches polish extraliga will know about them, smektala has looked average for the last few seasons until looking much better this year, Woryna has looked much better this season too but wasnt great at coventry last season and Drabik on his day and the right track is ok, but no better than the Aussie trio of Fricke, Kurtz and Holder in my opinion

Drabik looked decidedly average in last week's Polish under 21 championship, where he should have dominated like he did yesterday

I remember Pawel Przedpelski was going to be the one, then last year it was Krystian Piezczek but in reality once they are to old for the reserve places they often lose there places in the dog eat dog world of Polish Speedway

I think a lot of people think they are better than what they actually are just because they are Polish, but for every Zmarslik or Dudek, there is a Daniel Pytel,Kamil adamczewski, Pawel hlib or Karol zabik

None of them will be as good as Zmarslik but it's only my opinions, they could all make me eat my words

I think Drabik will be a GP rider one day Smektala also has improved this season and he has a bright future.

2nd round is in Gustrow on Friday September 8th

line-up

Lista startowa II rundy EKO-DIR FIM Speedway U-21 World Championship:

1. Dominik Kubera #463 (Polska)

2. Alexander Woentin #73 (Szwecja)

3. Jack Holder #25 (Australia)

4. Michael Härtel #16 (Niemcy) - Dzika Karta

5. Max Fricke #1 (Australia)

6. Patrick Hansen #124 (Dania)

7. Robert Lambert #505 (Wielka Brytania)

8. Brady Kurtz #101 (Australia)

9. Maksym Drabik #133 (Polska)

10. Dimitri Berge #96 (Francja)

11. Lukas Fienhage #76 (Niemcy)

12. Kacper Woryna #222 (Polska)

13. Eduard Krcmar #263 (Czechy)

14. Andreas Lyager #114 (Dania)

15. Bartosz Smektała #115 (Polska)

16. Jewgienij Kostygow #113 (Łotwa)

17. Dominik Möser (Niemcy)

18. Lukas Baumann (Niemcy)

Live coverage on the internet- same as round 1 with messrs Rowe and Ermolenko providing commentry from the track.

Meeting starts at 7pm UK time

• Like 1

Just a reminder that today`s 2nd round from Gustrow is live on the internet- meeting starts at 7pm UK time.

the you tube channel which this will be on however has not been posted yet- but I`m sure will be listed here during the day https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=letsmakespeedway.

Eleven extra are showing it live so coverage should be available through here.

https://wizja.tv/watch.php?id=17

http://www.soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

https://www.meczyki.pl/

http://livelooker.com/en/tv,7,speedway.html