British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

World Under 21 Championship 2017 Live On Tv

Would welcome a simolar weekend in Hungary. Though I hated to drive there, beer was much cheaper than in Germany, even Poland.

Was it as good as German beer though? :P Although i would guess through the Austro-Hungarian empire it probably has similar traditions as Czech etc but you don't get Hungarian beer in the supermarket here.Talking of supermarket,if you go to Aldi you can actually get very cheap German beer.Dirt cheap.

Would welcome a simolar weekend in Hungary. Though I hated to drive there, beer was much cheaper than in Germany, even Poland.

Driving through Germany is even worse these days. Roadworks everywhere.

• Like 1

Driving through Germany is even worse these days. Roadworks everywhere.

Tell me about it.Every day i go on the motorway to and from work and a couple of weeks back it took over 4,5 hours to do the journey which should take about 35 minutes!!! grrr.F*****g tourists from the Netherlands with their caravans etc partly to blame :P

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

Tell me about it.Every day i go on the motorway to and from work and a couple of weeks back it took over 4,5 hours to do the journey which should take about 35 minutes!!! grrr.F*****g tourists from the Netherlands with their caravans etc partly to blame :P

See you're picking up fights to forfeit on this section as well.. :lol::lol:

Roadworks had bugger all to do with my disliking. First traffic lights after picking my rental from the airport saw a near miss with 30cm gap to my fender and another to the old lady walking the crossroads. There was an empty lane beside me and I guess the driver did not see the red light and just went trough... Luckily missed my car and the old lady, but that was the nearest I've ever been to an actual accident with my 22 years of driving. If you dont count the 2 times during the winter during my first day with a license that I drove off the road... :rofl: Also the locals were quite brave, if there was a gap that fit a car on the motorway, it was enough and it was used. There must be more aggressive driving somewhere (Palermo/Sicily as a matter of fact) but combined with my Super insurance that was not as Super ( week gone and they still have my 1000€ deposit) I was just too nervous all the time.

Have witnessed some German roadworks as well in the past. Actually missed the last tour of that certain Disney castle having driven 5hrs of a normally 3 hour drive once... Tourists, what can you do... :drink:

Not picking a fight at all.Just telling the truth and i think Jesper might have seen enough Dutch cars and caravans travelling through Germany in the summer ;) Unfortunatelly for me and others in Hamburg,we live on the gateway to the north and south.All the Danes coming through Hamburg to get to the south of Germany,Austria and Italy,possibly even the Netherlands.Even get the odd Swede and this week a group of bikers from Norway.Then all those from the Netherlands and south,middle Germany travelling up to the coast of Germany and Denmark.Bad enugh at the best of times in the summer,but one silly mistake by a lorry or car and that is it.Stand still........ for the last couple of years while they build this roof on the motorway through Hamburg

Todays news,apart from the visit of William and Kate to Hamburg...

http://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/schleswig-holstein/Im-Schritttempo-in-die-Sommerferien,autobahn1744.html

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Not picking a fight at all.Just telling the truth and i think Jesper might have seen enough Dutch cars and caravans travelling through Germany in the summer ;) Unfortunatelly for me and others in Hamburg,we live on the gateway to the north and south.All the Danes coming through Hamburg to get to the south of Germany,Austria and Italy,possibly even the Netherlands.Even get the odd Swede and this week a group of bikers from Norway.Then all those from the Netherlands and south,middle Germany travelling up to the coast of Germany and Denmark.Bad enugh at the best of times in the summer,but one silly mistake by a lorry or car and that is it.Stand still........ for the last couple of years while they build this roof on the motorway through Hamburg

Todays news,apart from the visit of William and Kate to Hamburg...

http://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/schleswig-holstein/Im-Schritttempo-in-die-Sommerferien,autobahn1744.html

Fair enough. But you did lose the other one...

EDIT: I remember when we chatted about your working life and afterwards with Petri we talked that we could just not live with it. We do our day and its 1hr in transport a day max. Sometimes 2 but a traffic chaos like you sometimes have would basically leave us in a deep end of a sh1tpool.

Edited by f-s-p

Is Brady fit? I didn't have a bet yet as never bet too far in advance for this very reason

as its only 3 rounds a poor first round through injury will pretty much rule him out I reckon

where are the 3 rounds as I don't rate the poles that highly outside of Poland and would favour Fricke or even Lambert, I know the first ones in Poznan

Maybe Gustrow at 298 metres might give those that ride the British tracks well an advantage, but Poznan at 370m and Pardubice 400m shouldn't offer problems for the Europeans.

Big shame for Brady starting with an injury, I had thought him the pick of the Aussies on 2017 GB form, and a serious chance for top 3.

Would have been good to see the young Russian Chuganov in here considering his World Cup heroics.

Brady has been having oxygen chamber treatment for his rib injury and will ride with it heavily strapped. Keeping fingers crossed for him.

Practise cancelled a few hours back.Not sure of the state now?

Practise cancelled a few hours back.Not sure of the state now?

I think they are optimistic that the weather at start time-5pm local will be ok and meeting should go ahead

The U21 rounds will be broadcasted by Elevensports in Poland, but also worldwide through youtube :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_gz5s9yfAw&feature=youtu.be

World feed will be comentated by Sam Ermolenko and David Rowe.

Just a reminder about this for later today

Looking at the line up, Ermolenko could find a lot of new riders again today :P

• Like 1

Rain heavier now i think......

And looking at the weather forecast for the next few hours it looks unlikely it will be concluded even if it gets started!!!!