British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington Comets V Newcastle Diamonds (koc) 1/4/17 7pm.

weather is much better than forcast

ive not had anyword from my friend who will be at derwent park for the rugby so I'm taking that as good news

if it was bad this morning he was gonna let me know so I could switch to plan b for todays plans so far I'm still on plan a which is speedway tonight

Was going to go to this match, but don't want to do a 300 mile round trip to watch droplets gather on some mud :) An update at around 3pm would be much appreciated.

What's the weather like now please?

Looking good at the moment bright and sunny

Thanks. I'll be setting of around 15:30 - could you update me just about then please?

The meeting is on. Any standing water was sucked off the track this morning and it's had a nice, drying breeze and sunshine on it this afternoon. There is a chance of a small shower but the meeting will go ahead.

The meeting is on. Any standing water was sucked off the track this morning and it's had a nice, drying breeze and sunshine on it this afternoon. There is a chance of a small shower but the meeting will go ahead.

Awesome. On my way :)

The ref and riders were all in agreement, turn 1 was bad, it wouldn't have made for good racing.

• Like 2

I suspect had this meeting been at the end of the season it would have gone ahead. Albeit with hard work and maybe starting a bit late.

I suspect many fane will be just giving speedway a miss if there is rain on the day of a meeting giving the riders attitude nowadays.

I certainly don't bother on a wet evening any more. At least this was called off early so people could do something else rather than standing around watching dross, or tractors going round, or riders and referee deliberating and ending up not riding anyway.

It was only called off at 17-40 roughly so most away fans would of been travelling and some further afield.I never made the trip as decided to give it a pass with the heavy showers forecast over the west.i ended going up to Berwick and when I was at Seaton burn the heavens opened at 4-30 pm but yet when I was at Blyth for a tea stop it was beautiful sunshine.

It's a tough call this early in the season. You would _hope_ most promoters would expect larger crowds at the early meetings as they will have been promoting the sport for the last couple of months. That being the case you don't want a load of people new to speedway to arrive and watch poor racing because you inevitably end up with a slick track if you've had to carry out emergency work on the track.

I arrived just as it was called of at around 17:45, it had just chucked it down, but I was hoping that the time to the start of the meeting would be enough to turn the track around. It was fairly obvious it wasn't going to rain again with the blue skies, but the decision was made and that was that.

Sadly, it's part and parcel of travelling to away matches.

• Like 1