British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Xtra/nice League Sunday 8th October Live On Tv

Now 11 + 2 from five ... Chris struggling with one from three.

PAID 16 for six ... pretty impressive in that company

I assume Jack wasn't using Chris's bikes then??!

Sadly for Torun- Jack isn`t available for Torun`s last 3 matches.(championship duty)

If they want him, surely they can use him in these meetings as Extraliga must take priority.

As far as I understood, if they don't have paperwork from Jack's other teams saying that Extraliga takes priority then they are not allowed to use him in any meetings.

I guess it's possible that they got the teams to sign on the understanding that they wouldn't take up their right to use him on other weeks.

If they want him, surely they can use him in these meetings as Extraliga must take priority.

As far as I understood, if they don't have paperwork from Jack's other teams saying that Extraliga takes priority then they are not allowed to use him in any meetings.

I guess it's possible that they got the teams to sign on the understanding that they wouldn't take up their right to use him on other weeks.

That is a fair point however it was reported in the Polish press that Torun had long talks with both Poole and Peterborough before being able to name him for today- so I am assuming that it was agreed it is a one-off. Looking ahead it looks as if this will be the last year he rides in the championship.

Jepsen Jensen in a class of his own today, I've not been keeping up with the Polish scores but I'm reliably informed that he's been the standout rider of the league season.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

Jepsen Jensen in a class of his own today, I've not been keeping up with the Polish scores but I'm reliably informed that he's been the standout rider of the league season.

Be difficult to choose what to call yourself what with Jeremy being so popular and Jepsen Jensen being the best rider in Poland

• Like 1

Nice Polska league started the season before the Extraleague and are having the final round (14) on Sunday.

Play-offs are 1v4 and 2v3

Table - all played 13

1 Tarnow pts 28 +218

2 Gdansk pts 22 +88

3 Lodz pts 18 +61

4 Daugavpils pts 17 +16

5 Pila pts 16 -31

6 Krakow pts 13

7 Rzezow pts 10

8 Bydgoszcz pts 3

TV matches Sunday are Krakow v lodz(1st match lodz 50 Krakow 40) and Daugavpils v Gdansk(1st match Gdansk 52 Daugavpils 38)

Pila are home to Rzeszow( 1st match Rzeszow 42 pila 47)

Pila will collect the 3 points so Daugavpils will only need a victory at home to Gdansk to reach the play-offs- on race points difference.

Attendances from Yesterday

Czestochowa 10000

Grudziadz 5500

Leszno 7500

Gorzow 12300

TV matches announced for round 13 -Sunday 13th August

Rybnik v Torun start time 3.30pm UK time

Zielona Gora v Gorzow !!!!!! start time 6pm UK time

Edited by racers and royals

I don't follow the Polish league but I take it this is the 2nd division, what the hecks happened to Bydgoszcz. I've been a couple of times a few years ago when they were a top team with the best track anywhere

Troube with Jack Holder.Will Greg Hancock return?

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/701978/kadrowe-zagadki-get-well-klopot-z-jackiem-holderem-czy-wroci-greg-hancock

Think Bydgoszcz hit big trouble with their finances.We have one or two fans from the club who can expand on that though

Edited by iris123

I don't follow the Polish league but I take it this is the 2nd division, what the hecks happened to Bydgoszcz. I've been a couple of times a few years ago when they were a top team with the best track anywhere

The 2nd of the 3 leagues. I think it stems from poor team, crowd dissapears and then financial problems occur.

As i mentioned a few weeks back,possibly on the Dane drain thread or something to do with the Danish problems,Mikkel Michelsen has been unhappy(unhappy is probably putting it politely) with his lack of rides in Poland.Now it looks like he might be after a move to Czestochowa

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/701851/mikkel-michelsen-czestym-gosciem-w-czestochowie-trafi-do-wlokniarza

Martin Smolinski has signed for Motor Lublin.

He'll most likely ride only once for us, Ostrovia away, as Robert Lambert is unavailable that day due to the British League commitments.