British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Xtra/nice League Sunday 8th October Live On Tv

My apologies if I mislaed you... yes Bydgoszcz are for now in the Nice 1 Liga Zuzlowa...but in reality they have been relageted to the Nice 2 Liga Zuzlowa.

“I am taking over the company and all responsibility for it. I do not need any advisors” - announced Wladyslaw Gollob, when he began building Polonia Bydgoszcz team for the 2016 season in the Nice Polska Liga, The team was to be made up of former and current local riders with two young Russians, Kudriashov and Kulakov. There was also a place for Oskar Ajtner-Gollob, his grandson, and Jacek Gollob son.

In the first (2016) season under Gollob’s ownership, Bydgoszcz club managed (only just) to survive and avoided relegation. This year, with more or less the same team they failed, managing only one win and one draw out of 13 meeting home and away.

As the new owner, Wladyslaw Gollob found the club in an extremely bad situation, in terms of sport and finances. In sport terms he took over the club which was relegated to the lower Nice 1 Liga Zuzlowa division and in financial terms press reports at the time were saying that the club was 1 million Pound Sterling in debts.. Many were doubtful whether the club would ever get straight.

Crushing defeats with the top 1 Polska liga zuzlowa teams showed that there was a class difference The two Russians, Andrei Kudriashov and Viktor Kulakov were not so bad last season but in 2017 they lowered their performances for which they apologised. The club chairman is trying to see some advantages. These include timely payments and debt reduction. With over five million zlotys of debt, only 1.5 million left to be settled. "

Wladyslaw Gollob was born in Gdynia in 1937. He came to Bydgoszcz with his parents after the war. They settled in Bydgoszcz run down district called “Londynek”. Wladyslaw had his first contact with a motorbike when he was still a pupil at the Technical College in Gdansk, and it became his passion for life. In order to avoid three years compulsory military service in the navy, Wladyslaw obtained a glider pilot license. The reason was simple - compulsory service in the Air Force took only 2 years . He completed army service in the famous VI Airborne Division.

Old residents living near the Gollob family remember the motobikes in the backyard or on the pavements. They all belonged to Wladylaw Gollob and his two sons, whom he had implanted his passion for bikes

Tomasz rode on bikes before he even started primary school. As a thirteen / fourteen year old the Gollob boys were already winners of medals in the Polish motocross championships in the 50, 80 and 125 ccm classes. Tomasz and his older brother were spending most of their time with their father,, watching how he prepared their engines.

In 1987 Polonia Bydgoszcz coach and trainer, Ryszard Nieścieruk, heard about the extremely talented boys riding for the motor-cross club just outside Bydgoszcz. He also heard that the boys father was very inaccessible, cautious and mistrustful. The Polonia club former rider knew somebody within his family who was on familiar terms with Mr Gollob. His mission persuading the father was successful and the Gollob brothers made appearance on the Bydgoszcz speedway track. They took to it like a fish to the water.

At the turn of the 80s and 90s, the Gollob era began in the Polonia club, where the clan had almost always enemies, real or imaginary one - also in its own team. The first was Ryszard Dolomisiewicz. who according to the “Papa” Gollob was treated more favourable than his sons. Later the "enemy" was American Sam Ermolenko - "because he assembled coalition of foreign riders against young Gollob", and the longest one was Piotr Protasiewicz.

The Gollob Brothers era in Polonia Bydgoszcz ended fourteen years ago. At that time, the former BKS Polonia multi sport Bydgoszcz club broke up, and the speedway section was taken over by new entity, BTZ Polonia. The Gollob brothers decided to leave Bydgoszcz and signed for the wealthy Tarnów in the south of Poland. In the press interviws Jacek Gollob said that the reason it happened was because their father, Wladyslaw, was badly treated: “ for me and Tomasz our father is a leader, us three have been together for many years now, we are a team" What could they have against a distinguished old genteleman who always played fair in Bydgoszcz? And that - not the money - is the main reason for the change of the club "- explained Jacek Gollob.

Since then, none of Władysław Gollob's sons have ever competed in Polonia colours. In Bydgoszcz, however, they were still important personalities. In 2010 Tomasz firmly supported local politician for the mayor post, After his victorious campaign, Wladyslaw Gollob was even mentioned among the candidates for the speedway club chairman. Five years later, at the age of 78 he returned as the owner of Polonia Bydgoszcz club.

Great piece.One of the most interesting posts i have seen for a long while.But where does the corruption involving Gollob snr come into the equation?No mention of that piece of trouble there between funds from the council to the club and it ending up in Gollob snr's pocket,allegedly

Since then, none of Władysław Gollob's sons have ever competed in Polonia colours.

Not true, so I guess the whole text is a copy paste of something you (or someone else) wrote ages ago or you simply forgot (unlikely considering your avatar) about Jacek who rode for Polonia in 2008 and 2016.

Information announced today regarding one of the Nice Polska league play-off semi`s- the channel SUPER POLSAT are showing both legs

Sunday August 20th Daugavpils v Gdansk programme starts at 1.30pm UK time

Sunday September 3rd Gdansk v Daugavpils programme starts at 1.30pm UK time

I am assuming that one of the ELEVEN channels will be showing both legs of Tarnow v Lodz

Does this not show another 'speedway shambles'? If I am right Daugavpils could make it into the final or even win the final but not be allowed to move up?Which makes the final somewhat of a farce.

Not that it is so unusual.One of my local football teams has won the regional Hamburg league 3 times in a row,but refused promotion on each ocassion.But that at least was their choice

Does this not show another 'speedway shambles'? If I am right Daugavpils could make it into the final or even win the final but not be allowed to move up?Which makes the final somewhat of a farce. Not that it is so unusual.One of my local football teams has won the regional Hamburg league 3 times in a row,but refused promotion on each ocassion.But that at least was their choice

Daugavpils I`m sure have reached the play-offs a few times- although I don`t know how long they have been in the Polish leagues. I think I`m right in remembering correctly that the Polish authorities would possibly allow them in the top league if they were prepared to have polish u21 reserves and 2 Poles in the top 5. Daugavpils I think were not too impressed !! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lokomotiv_Daugavpils

Edited by racers and royals

Last Sunday after a couple of poor opening rides Chris Holder used a Adrian Miedzinski engine for his remaining rides. I`m pretty sure he hasn`t fallen out with Peter John`s as PJ was with him testing prior to the match.

Grigori Laguta hearing will be on August 16th- If Rybnik are deducted points it will be before the last regular season round on the 2oth.

Welcome to Rybnik - Brady Kurtz!! :t:

Providing the weather behaves itself for Saturday`s GP in Malilla, we have a mix of an individual meeting and 2 Extraleague matches to enjoy on Sunday.

1st up is the Nice Polska league riders championship from Pila start time 1.30pm on Polsat sport - see separate thread http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=84768

This is followed by Rybnik v Torun programme starts 3pm UK time 1st race 3.30pm- vital match at the bottom of the table

This is followed by Zielona Gora v Gorzow programme starts 5.30pm UK time 1st race 6pm- always a nice friendly encounter !!!!!

http://www.soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

https://www.meczyki.pl/

http://livelooker.com/en/tv,7,speedway.html

Edited by racers and royals

Welcome to Rybnik - Brady Kurtz!! :t:

So much for Craig Cook's planned abandonment of his contract with Bydgoszcz in favour of hunting down a place in the Rybnik team.

I get the feeling that that'll be Cook's last roll of the dice in Poland. Who else would want him with his attitude?

I like Cook but the dummy does get spat out quickly.

Sunday looks a great 3 match feast

Edited by marky

Providing the weather behaves itself for Saturday`s GP in Malilla, we have a mix of an individual meeting and 2 Extraleague matches to enjoy on Sunday.

1st up is the Nice Polska league riders championship from Pila start time 1.30pm on Polsat sport - see separate thread http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=84768

This is followed by Rybnik v Torun programme starts 3pm UK time 1st race 3.30pm- vital match at the bottom of the table

This is followed by Zielona Gora v Gorzow programme starts 5.30pm UK time 1st race 6pm- always a nice friendly encounter !!!!!

http://www.soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

https://www.meczyki.pl/

http://livelooker.com/en/tv,7,speedway.html

So looking forward to Zielona Gora v Gorzow R&R, but what a palaver sorting the tickets out!