British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Rye House Vs Swindon 08.04.17

How on earth did Ellis get saddled with a 7 point average?

Because of his near 6 point average, which he achieved in an EL 1-5 last season. It's comparable to the Worrall brothers and Garrity tbf. He should be capable of 7ish as a second string in the Premiership.

Edited by SCB

Because of his near 6 point average, which he achieved in an EL 1-5 last season. It's comparable to the Worrall brothers and Garrity tbf. He should be capable of 7ish as a second string in the Premiership.

He won't get anywhere close to that

He won't get anywhere close to that

Why? He got nearly 6 riding all last season as a second string. So why is 7 in a weaker league so hard to imagine? Steve Worall is managing it. Charles Wright managed 9 at Lynn this week, as did Rose. Plus Starke got 7. He's at leats as good as that lot.

Why? He got nearly 6 riding all last season as a second string. So why is 7 in a weaker league so hard to imagine? Steve Worall is managing it. Charles Wright managed 9 at Lynn this week, as did Rose. Plus Starke got 7. He's at leats as good as that lot.

Steve Worrall is miles ahead of the rest from what I saw last night & his regular scores in both divisions.

Steve Worrall is miles ahead of the rest from what I saw last night & his regular scores in both divisions.

Yet Worrall average 6.22 last season and Ellis averaged 6.05 so there not a lot between them. For comparison Garrity got 6, Kurtz 6.15, Howarth 5.43 (with more meetings in res), Sedgmen 5.33 and Auty 5.16.

So Ellis' 7.64 is about right when you consider that Worrall is 8.47, Garrity is 8.8, Kurtz is 7.6, Howarth is 7.18, Sedgmen is 7.6 (and doing ok from two away meetings) and Auty is 7.1

What sort of average do people think Ellis should have been given and why?

Worrall has just started this season in brilliant form, which is brilliant.

Edited by SCB

I never see him averaging that, where as a rider we let go in Sedgeman might of.

Yet Worrall average 6.22 last season and Ellis averaged 6.05 so there not a lot between them. For comparison Garrity got 6, Kurtz 6.15, Howarth 5.43 (with more meetings in res), Sedgmen 5.33 and Auty 5.16.

So Ellis' 7.64 is about right when you consider that Worrall is 8.47, Garrity is 8.8, Kurtz is 7.6, Howarth is 7.18, Sedgmen is 7.6 (and doing ok from two away meetings) and Auty is 7.1

What sort of average do people think Ellis should have been given and why?

Worrall has just started this season in brilliant form, which is brilliant.

Worrall for me is a step ahead last night his brilliant ht1 win over Doyle was awesome and as someone else said he is good in both leagues.

Ellis' average makes him a heat leader for Swindon. Averages were supposed to be levelled towards last season's Premier league averages, but Ellis didn't ride PL last year so should have been looked at differently' Anyway he'll be stuck with that high average whilst he's out injured.

Edited by Skidder1

Rye website saying Rob Branford is now riding for us against Swindon tonight and I'm happy with that but am wondering can anyone explain who actually had priority, Rye or Sheffield?

Rye website saying Rob Branford is now riding for us against Swindon tonight and I'm happy with that but am wondering can anyone explain who actually had priority, Rye or Sheffield?

not sure of the answer to that BUT am very glad Rob is now riding as there is no way would I have willingly swopped Rob for Ben (no offence to anyone but Ben has not even ridden a competitive meeting this season) especially as Swindon now look a much stronger team using r/r

Also hope Rob is available to us on Thurs at Swindon instead of riding for Sheffield

Edited by startline sid
  • Like 4

This is the ruling taken from the 2017 regs,:

16.1 Fixtures shall take priority as follows: FIM SGP, SWC, SGP Qualifying Meetings, FIM U21 World Speedway Championship Meetings, FIM Europe U21 Championship, British Championships (Senior, Junior), BSPA Shared and Fee Events, Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League. NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.

A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is “Doubling Up”, in which case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows: -

1) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture

2)1st priority to the owner of the rider

3) 2nd priority to the previous season club

4) 3rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

This would imply that Rye House have priority as 1) and 2) don't apply in this instance.

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1

not sure of the answer to that BUT am very glad Rob is now riding as there is no way would I have willingly swopped Rob for Ben (no offence to anyone but Ben has not even ridden a competitive meeting this season) especially as Swindon now look a much stronger team using r/r

Also hope Rob is available to us on Thurs at Swindon instead of riding for Sheffield

Have to totally agree with that, also Redcar are at home on Thursday wonder if that means we may lose Ellis Perks as well, certainly hope not, if we get a good result tonight and the weather is good on Thursday I may make the trip down to Swindon to support what I hope will be our full 1 - 7 team with no guests.

This is the ruling taken from the 2017 regs,:

16.1 Fixtures shall take priority as follows: FIM SGP, SWC, SGP Qualifying Meetings, FIM U21 World Speedway Championship Meetings, FIM Europe U21 Championship, British Championships (Senior, Junior), BSPA Shared and Fee Events, Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League. NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.

A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is “Doubling Up”, in which case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows: -

1) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture

2)1st priority to the owner of the rider

3) 2nd priority to the previous season club

4) 3rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.

This would imply that Rye House have priority as 1) and 2) don't apply in this instance.

Thanks for that info, I wonder why Rye were originally allowing him to ride at Sheffield tonight, was it trying to be helpful at the expense of our team or was it that someone was just as confused about the rules as me, anyway reading your post makes it much clearer thank you.

Does anyone know who owns Ellis Perks contract?

Just got my brain in gear and with pencil and paper in hand I think I am right in saying Ellis Perks is a Poole asset and last year he rode for Plymouth and Eastbourne so by my calculations I assume that on Thursday at Swindon Rye will have priority over Redcar - hope I've worked it out right :o

• Like 2

Can see Rye winning this by at least 10. Swindon so far look poor which is a shame as the club has its good supporters especially on here