British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Glasgow V Newcastle Championship 8th April 2017

Should be an excellent match so long as the track has plenty of grip. It could be gate and go as there are plenty quick gaters in either team so you want some dirt for opportunities to pass.

Speedway isn't worth the admission if the track is slick and there is no passing so hopefully every promotion will prepare their tracks to put on entertaining racing instead of suiting the home rider with the biggest gob! :lol:

• Like 2

I think we went a bit OTT with dirt, catching out the inexperienced Phillips and Smith who got a sore one. Quite a few races were well strung out like last week though Phillips and Coles are well out of their depth which didnt help. Hopefully Perry gets his engine issues sorted pronto, three EF's in a row wont do. Lets see if we can get a point at Scunthorpe tomorrow.

Some cracking heats tonight mostly when Lambert was involved what a classy rider this boy is, but a very solid display from us against a potential banana skin the margin off victory would probably have been greater with Tom having some horrendous luck with his machinery.

All in all a very good team performance and Nike Lunna was brilliant to watch all night passed Lindgren in heat 14 as if he was standing still.

Edited by Gazc

Thought this was a great meeting. Any stringing out is down to the gulf between HL's and lower orders for these teams. Tons of Racing, thoroughly enjoyed it. Lunna and Bewley did brilliant. Lambert is a class act.

• Like 1

I think we went a bit OTT with dirt, catching out the inexperienced Phillips and Smith who got a sore one. Quite a few races were well strung out like last week though Phillips and Coles are well out of their depth which didnt help. Hopefully Perry gets his engine issues sorted pronto, three EF's in a row wont do. Lets see if we can get a point at Scunthorpe tomorrow.

I know Tom perry snapped the sprocket bolts clean off the rear hub in one of his races and had ignition problems in another changed the complete ignition system and waited till the NJL match finished to check everything was ok for tomorrow so all sorted now think he could be a key rider for us tomorrow at reserve

• Like 5

Is Steve Worrall a newcastle asset?

Is Steve Worrall a newcastle asset?

Hes a BV asset.

Pretty much what I expected with the top two of Newcastle offering the only resistance to Glasgow, The Tigers threw away some silly points tonight with Perry having engine troubles all night, Special mention to S Worrall who was superb and Nike Lunna had a great meeting too with a superb pass on Lindgren in heat 14.

• Like 2

I know Tom perry snapped the sprocket bolts clean off the rear hub in one of his races and had ignition problems in another changed the complete ignition system and waited till the NJL match finished to check everything was ok for tomorrow so all sorted now think he could be a key rider for us tomorrow at reserve

The Tigers threw away some silly points tonight with Perry having engine troubles all night

As mac101 explained, Tom Perry snapped the sprocket bolts clean off the rear hub in one of his races and had ignition problems in another, changed the complete ignition system and then waited till the NJL match finished to check everything was ok for the next match 'tomorrow' so all sorted now. I take the positive side of that (the cup is half full rather than half empty) and very professional going forward to the next match and I agree with mac101 that he could be a key rider for Glasgow today at reserve.

• Like 1

I enjoyed last night , some cracking races with the Newcastle top two . Our young second strings came up trumps with the match winning contributions , their progress this season is going to be a joy to watch .

Newcastle's top two is probably the best spearhead in the league , but if they are going to challenge for honours they need better than this from Lindgren , who was dreadful last night .

• Like 5

I enjoyed last night , some cracking races with the Newcastle top two . Our young second strings came up trumps with the match winning contributions , their progress this season is going to be a joy to watch .

Newcastle's top two is probably the best spearhead in the league , but if they are going to challenge for honours they need better than this from Lindgren , who was dreadful last night .

Lindgren is dreadful away from home constantly mate
  • Like 1

Ludde needs to make the gate its as simple as that. He is a great throttle control rider aqround Brough but on the bigger tracks he struggles a bit

Lindgren is dreadful away from home constantly mate

The lindgren lovers will have you for that comment haha