British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington Vs Sheffield 08/01/17

What a toughie to start our home campaign of team action. Could go down to the wire this one an like our full season I think this depends on which roynon an campton turn up. Roynon looked suspect at Newcastle especially after he passed every one on turns one an two then totally shut the throttle of going into turn three, unfortunately I think that's the times when your suspect to getting hurt. It's hard to see what he will bring to the side in the main body. On the plus side was really impressed with Matt at Newcastle an rob rode well, was on the pace an was very unlucky to get excluded from a point scoring position in heat to. Here's hope for a home win but it won't be easy....

Can't blame anyone for taking it easy around Newcastle, especially Roynan! At the end of the day he scored 4 points, which has kept us in the cup tie and most importantly stayed injury free.

I've no issues with Roynan at no. 4, he'll be fine.

Can't blame anyone for taking it easy around Newcastle, especially Roynan! At the end of the day he scored 4 points, which has kept us in the cup tie and most importantly stayed injury free.

I've no issues with Roynan at no. 4, he'll be fine.

adam was a pale shadow of the rider we know he can be on sunday and badly held up ty procter twice,mason was not so hot either but where as he might improve i think adam has now reached his peak which u can understand,newcastle were there for the taking on sunday if those 2 had there act together.interesting to see ex comet tero in the crowd wonder what his average is now is it simalar to mr klint at poole !!

WORKINGTON: Craig Cook, Mason Campton, Ty Proctor, Adam Roynon, Thomas Jorgensen, Matt Williamson, Rob Shuttleworth

SHEFFIELD: Josh Grajczonek TBC, Josh Bates, Lasse Bjerre, Todd Kurtz, Kyle Howarth, Rob Branford, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn

According to a Rye press release, Rob Branford is riding for them tomorrow so guest required.

Seems we got Josh G back has he is riding at Somerset tonight but could be without Lasse B due to injury at Somerset. Think we keep it close.

Weather is good, no chance of any wet stuff, should be a good nights racing going to be tough though against a strong Sheffield side.

Anyone know which team hold Rob Branford's registration? (Who's asset is he?)

Anyone know which team hold Rob Branford's registration? (Who's asset is he?)

Redcar (same league as Sheffield).

what a farce.firstly robs riding, then he isn't,then he is.r/r for lasse who gets injured riding for another team as a guest according to updates, you really couldn't make it up.unfortunately gone now are the days when a team had its own riders but i can only see it being another season full of r/r and guests.if this is the way then i think i may just give it this season and that will be it.the rules and regs now are beyond madness and after following sheffield for 40 years it will be sad to not follow the sport anymore.