British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Glasgow Tigers ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, April 9th (5.30pm)

SCORPIONS EAGER TO GET OFF THE MARK

ROB GODFREY, promoter of the Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions, realises the importance of the club getting off the mark in their two SGB Championship meetings this weekend.

Scunthorpe travel north of the border for the second time this season at Edinburgh tonight (Friday), before entertaining Glasgow Tigers in the big match at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Sunday evening (5.30pm).

Scorpions have, to date, suffered three defeats in 2017. While much encouragement was taken from the away performances at Peterborough and Glasgow, with Scorpions just missing out on points on both occasions, last week’s 44-46 home defeat to Peterborough was a big disappointment.

Godfrey says: “We need some points on the board in the SGB Championship; it’s as simple as that.

“We’ve already lost ground by losing at home to Peterborough last Sunday. I can’t state how disappointed I was by that result.

“Sport is all about fine margins. Had we scored just two more points, we’d have all gone home happy, but that didn’t happen.

“That’s now water under the bridge. There’s nothing we can do about it now, other than concentrating on this weekend’s fixtures.

“The ideal reaction that I’d love to see is for us to go to Edinburgh and take the win, just as Peterborough did at our place. That would put us back where we need to be.

“Sunday’s home meeting against Glasgow is also a very important meeting to us.

“We held the Tigers for most of the meeting up there last week, so we should have the belief that we can defeat them around the Eddie Wright Raceway.”

There are 24 heats of action in total on Sunday, with a nine-race second half including a six-heat Midland Development League challenge match between Scunthorpe and Carmarthen.

Admission prices for Sunday:

Adult: £15.00

Student/OAP: £13.00

Child (10 – 17): £5.00

Child (0 – 9) Free (accompanied by paying adult)

Family Ticket £35 (2 adults, 2 Children 10-17)

Match Programme: £1.00

Expected teams for Sunday:

Henderson Insurance Scunthorpe Scorpions: 1. Ryan Douglas, 2. Carl Wilkinson, 3. Lewis Kerr, 4. Michael Palm Toft, 5. Josh Auty, 6. Fritz Wallner, 7. Josh Bailey.

Glasgow Tigers: 1. Aaron Summers, 2. Dan Bewley, 3. Richie Worrall, 4. Nike Lunna, 5. Richard Lawson, 6. Tom Perry, 7. Jack Smith.

Midland Development League teams:

Scunthorpe Stags: 1. Sam Chapman, 2. Lloyd Ditchburn, 3. Luke Whitehead, 4. Sheldon Davies.

Carmarthen Dragons: 1. Russell Barnett, 2. Danny Wright, 3. Connor Fletcher, 4. Joe Alcock.

Our record at Scunny has never been the best and the Scorpions are not as bad as there results suggest in my opinion.

So Scunthorpe to win but hopefully we can get a point.

So Scunthorpe to win but hopefully we can get a point.

That'll do :wink:

Gazc, will you be there on Sunday?

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

That'll do :wink:

Gazc, will you be there on Sunday?

All the best

Rob

Not this one Rob working Sunday hopefully get down for the 2nd fixture.

• Like 1

Hope the weather is good down Scunthorpe way, a mini bus of supporters are coming down for this, would love a Tigers win but we dont tend to do well there, maybe this will be our night

• Like 1

Depends on Ryan Douglas recovering from food poisoning, though in 2011 Screen and Grieves both missed Scunthorpe away with a non speedway injury and weren't allowed to race for 7 days. I do hope Douglas is feeling better but he shouldn't be allowed to race today.

• Like 2

Depends on Ryan Douglas recovering from food poisoning, though in 2011 Screen and Grieves both missed Scunthorpe away with a non speedway injury and weren't allowed to race for 7 days. I do hope Douglas is feeling better but he shouldn't be allowed to race today.

Is young Jack fit enough to race today , or are we using a NL guest ? Correct about Douglas , the 7 day rule should apply , but anything goes in speedway .

Hopefully we see a cracking match today with an away win to have us smiling on the long haul home .

• Like 1

Hope the weather is good down Scunthorpe way, a mini bus of supporters are coming down for this, would love a Tigers win but we dont tend to do well there, maybe this will be our night

http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/now_and_next.asp?zipcode=S6+5dr&locationID=60255&lat=53.4&lon=-1.5

Weather should be good, only trouble I see is can scunny get enough water into the track.

• Like 1

Is young Jack fit enough to race today , or are we using a NL guest ? Correct about Douglas , the 7 day rule should apply , but anything goes in speedway .

Hopefully we see a cracking match today with an away win to have us smiling on the long haul home .

Jack is good to go today
  • Like 1

Jack is good to go today

Should be a good test for him today.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

I hope he is good to go... Find it hard to believe folk don't want a lad to ride just cos he's had a chronic dose of the s H I ts .

Not so much "folk don't want a lad to ride" but rather "that's what the rules say that everybody else has had to follow and do follow"

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

I hope he is good to go... Find it hard to believe folk don't want a lad to ride just cos he's had a chronic dose of the s H I ts . Edited by montie

Not so much "folk don't want a lad to ride" but rather "that's what the rules say that everybody else has had to follow and do follow"

As history shows its a different set of rules for scunthorpe still they are looking pretty dire so far. Come on glasgow😊