British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Glasgow Tigers ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, April 9th (5.30pm)

Totally uncalled for and unnecessary Halifaxtiger, no need for personal attack

Little aggressive for me I'd agree, but I still said his 'digs' at Scunthorpe were 'inane, pathetic and unnecessary', not that he was.

• Like 1

Little aggressive for me I'd agree, but I still said his 'digs' at Scunthorpe were 'inane, pathetic and unnecessary', not that he was.

Quite a few agree with me if you dont thats fine water off a ducks back as far as i am concerned.

Quite a few agree with me if you dont thats fine water off a ducks back as far as i am concerned.

Quite clearly, a few (5, to be precise) agree with me too.

Whatever anyone says about Scunthorpe Speedway, its still just about the best racing track in the country with some of the best presentation and as little delay as possible.

That is pretty much what every speedway fan wants before anything else.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 6

Halifaxtiger what was your take on the starts to heats 1 and 2

I was stood with him at the time ( we were on the back straight in line with the starting gate ) and definitely heat 1 there was a fair bit of movement and Carl Wilkinson definitely got away with one . Heat 2 less obvious , was more our poor gating in the rerun .

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

I think there was several ragged starts.. same for both teams, but maybe favoured Scunny a bit more to be fair. But I applaud the ref (Graham Reeve) for allowing the meeting to flow so well.. Green light, tapes up...go. No one touched the tapes... no time wasted on restarts.. It was so refreshing to see.

• Like 2

I think there was several ragged starts.. same for both teams, but maybe favoured Scunny a bit more to be fair. But I applaud the ref (Graham Reeve) for allowing the meeting to flow so well.. Green light, tapes up...go. No one touched the tapes... no time wasted on restarts.. It was so refreshing to see.

Yeah can't argue with that

whatever has happened to the club shop?

Rumour is the club shop is to become a medical room.. not sure if that's true or not. I guess if that's the case, should the club produce any merchandise it could be sold from the new clubhouse. Not sure where Dave Rat is this year.. has he retired?

Graham was the same at Sheffield last week. Other Referees should do likewise, and meetings would be much better to watch.

• Like 3

Heard on the grapevine that the gentleman who runs the track shop as retired. Would be nice to see if something could be done to sort out a replacement if this is true.

15.2.9 When the Green Start Light is illuminated, no movement of the motorcycle is permitted, nor any additional time allowance or outside assistance can be given.

Mr Reeve clearly doesn't know the rulebook or simply ignores it. Both are of concern and you simply can't have one referee going his own way while others stick to the letter of the law.

Time is only wasted on re-starts where the riders move. They know full well they should sit still and allowing one to get away with moving will eventually result in longer delays.

At Belle Vue on Friday we had one re-start for moving. The rider was warned and it didn't happen again.

Halifaxtiger what was your take on the starts to heats 1 and 2

Paul is pretty much spot on - there was a considerable degree of movement.

I thought heat 2 was worse, though - Bailey got a huge flyer.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Fair comment

Whatever anyone says about Scunthorpe Speedway, its still just about the best racing track in the country

Unfortunately I've never found that, always seems to be on its not so good days that I've visited so I can only go by how its been when I've visited, and why its not a track I've enjoyed speedway at so much as other tracks. Balance that with comments raving about it and you maybe have a more realistic overall picture, a mixture of views. I've never been to the Bahamas but knowing my luck I'd probably catch it during a hurricane or monsoon.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

Fair comment

Unfortunately I've never found that, always seems to be its not so good days, which is why its always vastly over-rated and not a track I rate at all. Balance that with all the over-rated coments and you have a more realistic rating that its really pretty ordinary.

I think a good 90% of Championship speedway fans say it's the best track in the league for racing by far, you're just about the only one who doesn't 'rate' it
  • Like 2