British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Somerset Ela & Somerset V Poole 14/4/17 Good Friday.

Lord Ford clearly stated that Garrity wasn't the only option at Somerset. You're wrong again Starman.

• Like 1

He said on the mic at Somerset he didn't want to run with it because he felt it short changed the fans

I agree, I was in the club house at the time.

Lord Ford clearly stated that Garrity wasn't the only option at Somerset. You're wrong again Starman.

He didn't want to go with RR. He said that in the afternoon when morris pulled out of the evening meeting. So your wrong.

Edited by Starman2006

I agree, I was in the club house at the time.

He didn't want to go with RR.

There were other guest options available.

There were other guest options available.

Were there, name them... just perhaps they didn't want to take the booking... You do seem to be an argumentive person, don't you. Or is it just a poole thing.....

Edited by Starman2006

Were there, name them... just perhaps they didn't want to take the booking... You do seem to be an argumentive person, don't you. Or is it just a poole thing.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

I believe that's what Lord Ford said.

I think that's what he said about the Belle Vue and Wolves riders

It was heavily watered from 7am.You go tell Gerald and Neil then. Clearly you know better.... Not.

As I said 4 hours before the meeting for a day meeting and you don't think it wouldn't dry? Especially as it was a dry day.

He is right though, Ford did say there were other options oh as for argumentive person are you sure that's just not you 😂

Two home matches so far KOC and Premiership and riders missing in both. May visit again if two full teams turn up.

We are not prize lemons thankyou very much, the truth is if it was any other team you wouldn't here a dicky bird about it, but because its Poole all hale lets loose. And as for being arrogant I think we have a right to be, being the most successful club in the modern era, big crowds countless trophies,the best promotion,countless sponsors, the list is endless

I think most peoples opinion of the situation is not down to the team involved but more to do with how, once again, British Speedway makes itself look amateur and 'Mickey Mouse'. The rider concerned had flights available so should have been there. That he didnt should mean the authorities sanction him...

No 'anti Poole' agenda, just a 'pro British Speedway' one...

If my teams No1 had done the same, I wouldnt defend him as he would have been letting his team, his teams fans and British Speedway down...

As for your boasting about Pooles achievements. I too am proud of my clubs record in trophy winning.

The big difference of course is that my teams' success lay mainly in the days when you won things with by and large your own riders, and didnt have to resort to meeting after meeting of using other teams' riders in a cobbled together series of select sides to deliver silverware like happens today..

In those days winning a Speedway trophy actually meant something both locally and nationally given the size of the Sport back then..

For the past twenty years or so winning a prize in the local Churches Summer Fete Tombola carries roughly the same level of kudos as a British Speedway Title...

Still, stay arrogant. I know I am.

That bottle of Cinzano (ticket number 111) still sits proudly in my sideboard from that momentous July afternoon 1984. St Marks Church...

You should have seen the amount of gutted seething faces as I pulled that ticket out!!!

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

I think most peoples opinion of the situation is not down to the team involved but more to do with how, once again, British Speedway makes itself look amateur and 'Mickey Mouse'. The rider concerned had flights available so should have been there. That he didnt should mean the authorities sanction him...

No 'anti Poole' agenda, just a 'pro British Speedway' one...

If my teams No1 had done the same, I wouldnt defend him as he would have been letting his team, his teams fans and British Speedway down...

As for your boasting about Pooles achievements. I too am proud of my clubs record in trophy winning.

The big difference of course is that my teams' success lay mainly in the days when you won things with by and large your own riders, and didnt have to resort to meeting after meeting of using other teams' riders in a cobbled together series of select sides to deliver silverware like happens today..

In those days winning a Speedway trophy actually meant something both locally and nationally given the size of the Sport back then..

For the past twenty years or so winning a prize in the local Churches Summer Fete Tombola carries roughly the same level of kudos as a British Speedway Title...

Still, stay arrogant. I know I am.

That bottle of Cinzano (ticket number 111) still sits proudly in my sideboard from that momentous July afternoon 1984. St Marks Church...

You should have seen the amount of gutted seething faces as I pulled that ticket out!!!

I have to be honest, I think all the poles mess British speedway about, give me the Australian's any day

This kind of thing annoys me. A useless third rate rider replacing a top international rider. What a Muppet Garrity

Ahh bless

When Somerset went into the Premiership I was delighted that we wouldn't have to go to Scotland anymore or read the garbage that Glaswegian fans came up with, making excuses for losing and moving goal posts to make the write up go in their favour or at least to make them believe it was in their favour ! Goodbye and good riddance I say! But now look ! We have POOLE !!! "If this and if that and this guest was not suitable and that guest was not up to it, the track was dusty, the tractor driver failed to salute me, a POOLE fan" !!! If I was Garrity and read some of the bulls**t that is directed at his efforts to guest for you lot last night, I would turn my back next time. It is POOLE'S fault they need a guest in the first place by hiring a rider that has about as much loyalty as a lettuce devouring slug !!! As for dust bowls !!! I would say pot calling the kettle grimy backside. Get over it and play the cards you are dealt with !!! POOLE doesn't warrant anymore preferential treatment than any other Team in the league !!! Nice to see a good turnout from POOLE last night, I wonder did the SOMERSET fans leave Wimborne Road before the termination of the match ? Unlike your fans who couldn't wait to get out because Somerset had the audacity to put 4 points over you ! Still you went away with a league point to add to your 3 in the morning so you had a fruitful day. One thing I am glad about is that although Somerset fans felt a bit low after the morning match and enjoyed the return match, they have still got their sense of humour and don't look for anyone else to blame for their team's shortfalls and look forward to the next match, LEICESTER !!! Look forward to the rest of your season GLAS - - - Sorry, POOLE !!!

Lets hope Garrity refuses to ride for us next time just a shame didnt refuse this time!

No it wasn't. R/r was available.

Its easy "to see the bigger picture" when your team is not involved.

I congratulated Somerset on their win. I believe Poole would have won comfortably had we a proper number one, even r/r for that matter. An opinion granted and not fact.

But it is no different to say, Wolves going to Belle Vue in the playoff final, leading on a 4-2 to win the meeting title by two on agreegate and Woffinden to have an ef on the last bend to gift BV the title.

The wider picture would be "justice is done as BV finished top" etc, but as a Wolves fan you feel robbed. Poole fans last night have been quite fair in my opinion. Congratulating Somerset but also aware that a full team would have "probably" have given 4 points to Poole.

Point one, "the bigger picture", is precisely why I drew the comparison with Rye House and Wolves. Point two, your congratulations to Somerset, carried the immediate caveat pointed out earlier. Point three, thank you for accepting that what you put forward as fact was actually opinion (and I'll willingly admit that your anticipated outcome was highly probable).

Point four, I have at no point accused Poole fans of being unfair, as detailed in my earlier post.