British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Team And Riders, Points Changeover ?

Surely if Rebals are going to get a new number 1 then they should act while Tungate's Average is still 9.03.

When it drops to 4. something, why would the 1.4 factor be applied if he got a chance in the SGBChampionship??

so what are you suggesting he would join a SGBC on - 4 , 5.6 or 9.03??

Surely if Rebals are going to get a new number 1 then they should act while Tungate's Average is still 9.03.

When it drops to 4. something, why would the 1.4 factor be applied if he got a chance in the SGBChampionship??

Once he has a proper Premiership average there will have to be a multiplier applied to convert that average to the lower standard in the Championship. If we agree that 1.4 was the correct multiplier to reflect the historical difference between the Elite and Premier leagues then the multiplier will be less than 1.4 to reflect the smaller difference that now exists between the two leagues.

To allow a Premiership rider to race in the Championship on his Premiership average would only be right if there were no difference at all in standard between the two leagues.

• Like 1

Or wait til the new averages come out and replace graversen with a number 1 instead? They will have plenty of points available
  • Like 2

Or wait til the new averages come out and replace graversen with a number 1 instead? They will have plenty of points available

Exactly what I was thinking.

1-7 could well be

1 hougaard

2 allen

3 new rider 7-8 average

4 wright

5 josh g

6 starke

7 tungate

That team would be a hell of an improvement

• Like 2

1-7 could well be

1 hougaard

2 allen

3 new rider 7-8 average

4 wright

5 josh g

6 starke

7 tungate

I'm sure that is what they are planning for - can see some other teams changing where certain riders

are strangely not performing as expected.........

1-7 could well be

1 hougaard

2 allen

3 new rider 7-8 average

4 wright

5 josh g

6 starke

7 tungate

Let's calm down, it's hardly brilliant and top league quality is it?

It'd be enough for us to win our home matches which has to be a priority this year. Two engine failures cost us beating Swindon and Craig Cook replacing Holder done us last night amongst other factors. If we had a good no.1 we'd of won all our home matches fairly comfortably.

It would be a competitive El side if u had a quality signing as that 7-8 point rider.

I don't think anyone's claiming it is a title winning side, but would be very tough to beat st home and competitive away.

Still the highest quality in the UK.

1-7 could well be

1 hougaard

2 allen

3 new rider 7-8 average

4 wright

5 josh g

6 starke

7 tungate

Just me and probably every other Rebels follower would have this sort of line up in mind.

I think with Gary and Statman keeping an eye on all things pertaining to averages, the best alternative will take place.

A lot will depend on the multiplier for riders without a Premiership CMA.

so what are you suggesting he would join a SGBC on - 4 , 5.6 or 9.03??

Bearing in mind the 1.4 factor was introduced to try to have all riders on an equivalent 2016 Premier League average, so the new SCBP and SCBC would be closer together in abilities, then I think every current rider's 'real' average after 4Home/4Away meetings should be what it is for both leagues. eg if Tungate finishes on 4.00 then that should be the average whether he moves to another SCBP team or to the SCBC.

Bearing in mind the 1.4 factor was introduced to try to have all riders on an equivalent 2016 Premier League average, so the new SCBP and SCBC would be closer together in abilities, then I think every current rider's 'real' average after 4Home/4Away meetings should be what it is for both leagues. eg if Tungate finishes on 4.00 then that should be the average whether he moves to another SCBP team or to the SCBC.

Interesting point of view.

There is still a difference so surely must be some adjustment.

40/50 original build would be 1.25 for example.

Most that have given it any thought have come up with this.

The fact that it wasnt all set in the winter is the sad fact of the matter.

• Like 1