British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick V Ipswich Championship 29/4/17

This meeting started badly and never really improved from a Bandits point of view. Biggest positive was the effort put in by Lewis Bridger even if he did resort to a wee bit of grasstracking in heat 15 . Kev & Nick deserve honourable mentions for their efforts but to be honest The Bandits never looked like taking anything from the meeting

What a complete embarrassment of a track and a team tonight.No football so why was the track in a mess at the start.I know some of the new signings may be a stop-gap till the averages change but the supporters are still having to pay for the pleasure of sitting in the cold and watching defeat after defeat.Surely the purpose of a team manager is to manage the riders,work out by talking to them what any problems are and having sensible discussions.Claus may or may not have been in the wrong but he was scoring a lot more points at home than some other retained riders.Mr. Havelock is going to have to up his game (if he can) a hell of a lot or he's going to be one of the poorest team managers in the club's history.Absolutely no confidence in his ability at all.

• Like 1

Comfortably the worst meeting of the season so far. Defeat was expected, but at least the racing to this point has been far better than previous seasons. That went out the window tonight, certainly early on. Track preparation obviously messed up this week. I have complimented the way meetings have been pushed along this season, but a 30 minute delay after first heat on a cold night won't impress anybody. Then we had a reserves race with all four riders struggling to turn the bikes and even more experienced riders like Bridger, Morris and Schlein making big mistakes.

I'm hoping that Nick Morris was just a case of being caught out by the track. The only silver linings to tonight was the return of Lewis Bridger to something like his real form. His passes on Heeps, King and Schlein the highlights of the night for Berwick.

Cameron Heeps was a revelation compared to the Cup match, he was the match winner tonight. Berwick badly missed Gappmaier, but not sure they would have won even with him.

Perhaps the three week gap is a blessing in disguise as it gives the promotion time to make big decisions about the line up going forward. This obviously cannot continue, as the drop off in crowds over the past two weeks, while expected to an extent when you compare Galsgow and Edinburgh travelling numbers to Scunthorpe and Ipswich, is frightening and more meetings like this won't encourage fans back.

Hopefully the right decisions will be made because a decent team going forward can still salvage something from the season, there is still a long way to go.

• Like 3

I've been told there will be more changes, at some point soon ish, track was a shambles at the start tonight, Bridger wasn't he was cracking, glad his bikes are sorted, Morris was a bit worrying for me, Heeps was really good, Ippo deserved the win

No contest, best Team won,Lewis still can't gate but he can race and xciting to watch.Carr has developed the Alex Edberg saving fuel method of pulling off when last not a good sign.

So pleased for Cam. There is so much talent there if he stays fit and wants it.

He has started to show it again this season - long may it continue 👏👏

Just seen the tweet from Danyon congratulating the team and his mate JPB

Shows the class of the guy despite his current postion. Thoughts are with you fella.

Hope you can join the Massif soon and get back on track soon after 👍

• Like 4

Was not there tonight thank god by the updates and reading on here half hour delay after heat 1 thats not on when can we rejig the team again?.What was the crowd like heard last week need over 700 just to break even,glad to hear Bridger doing good does anyone know who's bike he's got ?

Was not there tonight thank god by the updates and reading on here half hour delay after heat 1 thats not on when can we rejig the team again?.What was the crowd like heard last week need over 700 just to break even,glad to hear Bridger doing good does anyone know who's bike he's got ?

Crowd of 350 not good news then.

Some great racing though - full house next week.

Bring your Granny!

I couldn't make it, but for flips's sake, support your club.
Get out there, back them, and they will come good.

I only missed tonight as I couldn't make any other arrangements as at an (old) rugby club of mine.

Support your club! That's what the rugby club does.

The management know what is expected, and they will deliver: all the better if we support them!!!!

In fact, I bet their expectations are higher than your average fan,

• Like 3

Different team same result, I didn't go thankfully reading reports it seems I made the right decision as it as it seemed a case as a step back to the bad old days certainly regarding the track. We had a team with three reserves which wasn't working so a team with four is equally doomed to fail, thankfully we have a two week break from home fixtures so it will give the chance for the club to look and act on the season so far, everything from track management to team management.

Clearly after today's meeting at Scunthorpe our averages will change leaving the chance for more changes to the team, something that needs to happen. I agree with manager Havelock that nothing is won at the end of April but if the club arent careful their season could be all but over by the time we get to the end of May.

Different team same result, I didn't go thankfully reading reports it seems I made the right decision as it as it seemed a case as a step back to the bad old days certainly regarding the track. We had a team with three reserves which wasn't working so a team with four is equally doomed to fail, thankfully we have a two week break from home fixtures so it will give the chance for the club to look and act on the season so far, everything from track management to team management.

Clearly after today's meeting at Scunthorpe our averages will change leaving the chance for more changes to the team, something that needs to happen. I agree with manager Havelock that nothing is won at the end of April but if the club arent careful their season could be all but over by the time we get to the end of May.

It's all over now bar shouting in all honesty given we've lost 4 times at home and don't look competitive anywhere on our travels!! We need a major turn around if we're to get anything!

I only missed tonight as I couldn't make any other arrangements as at an (old) rugby club of mine.

The management know what is expected, and they will deliver: all the better if we support them!!!!

Your still hungover by the sounds of it.

25 minute gap between Ht 1 & 2 , riders struggling to control their bikes , races strung out the length of the straight and another home defeat , do you really expect folks to happy ? All I can say is it's a good job there's a wee break until the next meeting

25 minute gap between Ht 1 & 2 , riders struggling to control their bikes , races strung out the length of the straight and another home defeat , do you really expect folks to happy ? All I can say is it's a good job there's a wee break until the next meeting

Good as it gives the club a chance to sort issues with the team, sort issues with the track etc, but bad as it also gives those who are disillusioned to find something better to do on a Saturday night, you get the feeling if changes arent made some won`t be back.

• Like 1