British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

Kings Lynn V Eastbourne May 3rd

An away win on paper and form but it was a graveyard for the eagles in 2015 probably because of the difference in tracks. Last year was rained off and never re arranged whilst the Cup leg was forfeited because the Stars were too far behind so we only have the one visit to measure by.

Think the large track will suit Tom Brennan who is fast and likes to wind it on so with a potential 7 rides should Kelsey be r/r he could well win the match for us.

It may not have registered with all fans yet but it looks almost certain that in the return match at Arlington on May 20th Tom will swap the No 7 Race Jacket for No 1.Has that happened before after only 4 league matches?

His current GSA equivalent is 10.00, well clear of Coles (7.5) and Wood (7.0)and his last 2 matches before GSA change is this one and home to Stoke so I don't see a lot of change.

An away win on paper and form but it was a graveyard for the eagles in 2015 probably because of the difference in tracks. Last year was rained off and never re arranged whilst the Cup leg was forfeited because the Stars were too far behind so we only have the one visit to measure by.

Think the large track will suit Tom Brennan who is fast and likes to wind it on so with a potential 7 rides should Kelsey be r/r he could well win the match for us.

It may not have registered with all fans yet but it looks almost certain that in the return match at Arlington on May 20th Tom will swap the No 7 Race Jacket for No 1.Has that happened before after only 4 league matches?

His current GSA equivalent is 10.00, well clear of Coles (7.5) and Wood (7.0)and his last 2 matches before GSA change is this one and home to Stoke so I don't see a lot of change.

Dan Bewley did it last year, didn't he?

Yeah Bewley did do it last year, and with how Tom been doing against anyone he been put up against, I think he could still score very good points from No1.

Big worry for me is what the management will do if Kelsey is still out injured when averages come out and he falls to reserve.

As don't really wanna be using unnataced 3pointers till Kelsey is fit to ride again.

Edited by Moleman27

Brennan looked useful around Kings Lynn when I saw him there

Brennan looked useful around Kings Lynn when I saw him there

I did not know he had ever ridden there.

He scored 10-points in the British Youth Championship last season at King's Lynn.

Yeah Bewley did do it last year, and with how Tom been doing against anyone he been put up against, I think he could still score very good points from No1.

Big worry for me is what the management will do if Kelsey is still out injured when averages come out and he falls to reserve.

As don't really wanna be using unnataced 3pointers till Kelsey is fit to ride again.

Try to engineer Bates average to be lower than Kelsey's by the time the first averages come out, he'd go to reserve and do r/r at 2. With Mattie's mechanical issues at the moment may not be too difficult!

• Like 1

Try to engineer Bates average to be lower than Kelsey's by the time the first averages come out, he'd go to reserve and do r/r at 2. With Mattie's mechanical issues at the moment may not be too difficult!

It shows how crazy the sport is at present when suggestions of average manipulation are suggested in the NL (and worse that it actually happens). In any other sport any indication of match fixing is severely punished and rightly so.

I personally dislike RR especially in the NL and feel it should be unattached 3 pointers used. If Eastbourne are going to be proactive perhaps they should look at identifying a 3 pointer and giving them some laps around Arlington in advance so they are as well prepared as they can be if/when required.

as Mimmo said, British Youth Champs, plus a Poultec training day

The could bring in Cottham for Dugard before the averages change.

Has Cottham been back on a bike since his last mishap? Does he even want to come back?

I would not want to do that but in any case on the present scores Kelsey and Mattie are both reserves. Charley would be No 2.

It should be r/r next two matches and then review injury before Stoke match. If short term give Nial Strudwick a few meetings if thought longer than re declare, Who to drop and who to bring in is a different question.

I would not want to do that but in any case on the present scores Kelsey and Mattie are both reserves. Charley would be No 2.

It should be r/r next two matches and then review injury before Stoke match. If short term give Nial Strudwick a few meetings if thought longer than re declare, Who to drop and who to bring in is a different question.

Strudwick has a new GTR so if he could get some set up pointers from Brennan he could do a job at reserve for a few meetings.

As for changes its who can come in causing the big problem, Knight has already opted out so as a big name its only Shanes who is available but does he want weekend racing?

Are the averages done by date now or 4 home 4 away?

Tbf strudwick was well off the pace against SDL opposition last week. And fell twice when no one around him. Really can't see after all these years how he can jump forward in performance.

It shows how crazy the sport is at present when suggestions of average manipulation are suggested in the NL (and worse that it actually happens). In any other sport any indication of match fixing is severely punished and rightly so.

I personally dislike RR especially in the NL and feel it should be unattached 3 pointers used. If Eastbourne are going to be proactive perhaps they should look at identifying a 3 pointer and giving them some laps around Arlington in advance so they are as well prepared as they can be if/when required.

I did say it tongue in cheek but the replies are quite interesting! I suppose at the moment we don't know the full extent of Kelsey's injuries. If he has broken his other thumb and scaphoid I imagine he'll be out quite some time in which case replacing him would be the best option. Again its all down to points.