British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Rye House Rockets 10/5/17

Well we won. Good meeting. Feel sorry for Rye House with losing a rider and it was disappointing because it was a Poole asset. That's the risk you take with R/R though.

Morris= Solid did his job, better than KK. Ned from the Echo reporting that Milik is interested in coming back to Poole.

Holder= Lightning quick in first 3. Looks like he is doing better than Brady did last year at the moment.

Newman= Needed a while to get back to match fitness. This 2 week break will help him

Kurtz= 2017 Kurtz awesome, living up to his potential. I've heard that Polish teams are having a look. Big ones. (Torun)

Hans= Good and quick as usual and on form.

Nick= Good, needs more consistence though.

Shanes= Best ride of the night and did his job.

Rye House were disappointing especially Kennett and Scot N who are track experts.

• Like 1

Jack Holder starting to replicate his form for panthers

Take back what I said about Morris he did well for a guest.

Very entertaining meeting tonight on a much better track. Dust absent until the final few heats.

Dear oh dear though. Absolute disasterous night for the Rye House team manager. If there was something to get wrong tonight he found it. The catastrophic decision not to use Harris as a t/r at the first opportunity has us all agog in the grandstand, and when Rye actually got a 5-1 it confirmed our opinion of the faux pas. Then he messed up Really when Branford should and should not have come out.

Poole back to business tonight and solid throughout. Holder having a very good meeting backed up with Andersen and Kurtz. Morris did his job and with the other three all doing their job it was an easy three points, though the racing was good with loads of passing. Harris and Kennett both battling all night.

For Poole.

Morris did his job.

Holder was excellent. Couldn't fend off Harris but looked better and a far improvement from a few weeks ago.

Newman was very good and far better than his points haul. Always in the mix and would have scored more had he settled for his position but that's not Newman. Welcome back Kyle.

Kurtz was fast and very good.

Andersen ditto.

Klindt was solid and did well.

Shansey would have had another paid win in heat two but his bike seized on the line after he had been taken off in a high speed crash in heat two first running. Battled for every point and a great last bend pass of Branford.

For Rye.

Kennett battled for his points.

Wells won a race but that was it.

Harris did well and was fast all night.

Nicholls looked like age was finally catching up with him. Normally better than this.

Perks wad unlucky and got tangled with Shanes which really ended his night.

Brandford battled but found it tough.

This could have been a potential banana skin for Poole with rye having riders who in the past would have caused us issues. Other than Harris and to a lesser extent Kennett it was very easy for Poole.

Now we get a month off before the next meeting at Poole.

• Like 1

I think Morris did more than his job.7 paid 9 from 3 completed rides.

I think Harris did a bit more than" well" with 12+1 from 5.

• Like 3

Well we won. Good meeting. Feel sorry for Rye House with losing a rider and it was disappointing because it was a Poole asset. That's the risk you take with R/R though.

Morris= Solid did his job, better than KK. Ned from the Echo reporting that Milik is interested in coming back to Poole.

Holder= Lightning quick in first 3. Looks like he is doing better than Brady did last year at the moment.

Newman= Needed a while to get back to match fitness. This 2 week break will help him

Kurtz= 2017 Kurtz awesome, living up to his potential. I've heard that Polish teams are having a look. Big ones. (Torun)

Hans= Good and quick as usual and on form.

Nick= Good, needs more consistence though.

Shanes= Best ride of the night and did his job.

Rye House were disappointing especially Kennett and Scot N who are track experts.

The reference to Milik was taken from Matt Ford's programme notes 'Matt's Mandate' which stated:-

"I can tell you we have been in touch with Vaclav Milik. I would welcome him back at any point he feels he is able to commit because I think he has become a quite excellent rider and would love to work with him again. At this point he cannot commit to the uk but that may change sooner rather than later!"

As for the meeting Morris rode very well at number 1(!) and made a good pairing with Jack Holder. His d/q in heat 13 was as a result of his 2nd official warning!!

Morris mentioned when interviewed that "it had taken him 5 years to learn the Poole track, and now he enjoyed coming here!!"

Edited by Skidder1

The reference to Milik was taken from Matt Ford's programme notes 'Matt's Mandate' which stated:-

"I can tell you we have been in touch with Vaclav Milik. I would welcome him back at any point he feels he is able to commit because I think he has become a quite excellent rider and would love to work with him again. At this point he cannot commit to the uk but that may change sooner rather than later!"

As for the meeting Morris rode very well at number 1(!) and made a good pairing with Jack Holder. His d/q in heat 13 was as a result of his 2nd official warning!!

Morris mentioned when interviewed that "it had taken him 5 years to learn the Poole track, and now he enjoyed coming here!!"

I think any team would welcome Milik he has a lot more to offer than the average he is currently on but i feel that would be a double change if we got him back.

Impressed with Jack tonight he is starting to show what we hoped he was capable of.

I really hope we are not going to have another health hazard speedway meeting tonight and drive more people away ?

9 bowser loads of water went down yesterday, and another 8 today.

Do the Poole management want their dirt/dust back? My hair and eyes are full of it :-/

Poor meeting from a rye point of view and I've got the displeasure of a 2 hour+ journey home with a Rye supporting other half!

Just talk about Arsenal ;)

If he enjoys it so much, he can stay! ;)

Have to laugh at the Shovel load of dung report. Nicholls scored 5 so according to "Shovel load" he is now looking his age. Brilliant assessment. He is still a very good rider and one meeting does not make you a bad rider.

• Like 4

Do the Poole management want their dirt/dust back? My hair and eyes are full of it :-/

Poor meeting from a rye point of view and I've got the displeasure of a 2 hour+ journey home with a Rye supporting other half!

From a rye fan that's sooooo funny

• Like 1

From a rye fan that's sooooo funny

I ain't a Rye fan!

Sides still aching

Go and see a chiropractor

9 bowser loads of water went down yesterday, and another 8 today.

But nothing during the meeting apart from a hosepipe full? Laughable...
  • Like 1

But nothing during the meeting apart from a hosepipe full? Laughable...

It's the home teams prerogative to prepare the track to suit their riders, as long as it's safe, but let's not hear any more "dry house" jibes please.

Ellis Perks hobbled past us, supported by someone, on his way back to the changing rooms. He didn't look in good shape. Kevlars were torn on his lower left leg

Edited by Shads