British Speedway Forum

Not sure what the debate is on this thread ? Tai's nationality ? patriotism ? personality? attitude? etc etc etc.......

This guy lost his father, best friend, mentor, motivator, etc etc etc in 2010 and look at what he's gone on to achieve ?

I think that as an out and out English supporter, I'm happy to share his possibly divided loyalty with the Aussies.....

I think its incredible how he's overcome such a massive 'loss' in his life and it's probably added to why he's so adamant at standing up for what he believes in ?

Just my opinion of a great speedway talent!

He will always have my support on the track!

Woffy woffy woffy !!!

Which I proudly yelled at the top of my voice at the Warsaw Grand Prix....much to the annoyance of 40 odd thousand Poles!!!

Well said !!

• Like 2

If Tai rode over here regularly and represented Team GB, he'd be shot down for having Polish mechanics !!!

Why?

If Tai rode over here regularly and represented Team GB, he'd be shot down for having Polish mechanics !!!

Polish mechanics? Next they'll be complaining that he speaks Polish and Strine! He must be excellent ( I believe so ) to get so much attention on here - two threads! Woffy , Woofy Woofy!

]

How did he stay in Austrailia for so long without becoming an Austrailian citizen ?

1. As a dependent (child) of a man (his Dad) who had the appropriate visa.

2. As a professional sportsman with the appropriate visa

• Like 1

# If you're a Woffinden fan, it's the BSPA's fault.

# If you're not a Woffinden fan it's his fault.

# If you're a Team GB fan, it's both their faults.

Judging from his email, his attitude can read as arrogant but in reality he is willing to do more than just worry about himself. Something the BSPA have not excelled in. My message to those in charge - see past his image and just listen to his ideas. We need him and it can work. Time to put the fans first!!!

• Like 1

spot on why is he getting pick on ..i can't understand what is wrong with not riding in your own league championship and turning your back on team gb when your the captain .Why would people have a problem with that..woffy woffy woffy

• Like 1

Judging from his email, his attitude can read as arrogant but in reality he is willing to do more than just worry about himself. Something the BSPA have not excelled in. My message to those in charge - see past his image and just listen to his ideas. We need him and it can work. Time to put the fans first!!!

Well I'm a 'fan' and I'm very happy how things are going whether he chooses to join in or he doesn't.

If tai was that interested in helping British kids he would pay to hire a track and help them, sadly he is all talk and no action as proven.

• Like 1

If tai was that interested in helping British kids he would pay to hire a track and help them, sadly he is all talk and no action as proven.

2 x World Champion

Raised hundreds of thousands for Charity.

That's action.

Failed speedway rider (or claims to be)

Bottles opportunity to speak to Tai direct.

That's all talk.

• Like 2

I think most of us will be happy with who the TeamGB manager chooses. Cookie n Robert?

2 x World Champion

That's action.

That's all talk.

A World Champion we never see now .... he might as well be riding for Timbuktu!
  • Like 1

..... and he should get his hair cut, what kind of role model has hair like that? etc etc etc...😴😆

Edited by mikebv

He is just playing a game and winding people up,he couldn't care a toss about anybody else,a week-end away with him isn't going to make one bit of difference to British speedway.

• Like 2

you do win comedy post of the year.

All talk.......................2x World Champion..............professional to the extreme.................think he can do the talking

Huge charity fundraising..........think he can do the talking

Robert72.............said he rode speedway.............seen no proof..................all talk no action

Robert72............failed to speak to Tia when he had the chance........basically a coward............all talk and no action

2 x World Champion

That's action.

That's all talk.

ha ha wish i had read this before i posted. seems we agree!

Tai has citizenship of Austrailia

No he doesnt.........yet another load of bull from you

How did he stay in Austrailia for so long without becoming an Austrailian citizen ?

Because he moved back here when he was 15 i believe. His parents had citizenship but he couldnt apply for it until he was 16......and he didnt live there then. He has UK citizenship he was born here. Still confused how you are to stupid to realise

You don't necessarily have to be a citizen to be living in a country, and you don't necessarily become a citizen just by living in a country. Ther is a whole complicted process to go through.

If you look at the Aussie rules, you need to be 16 or over to apply for citizenship of Australia. Tai moved back to the UK at 15.

One way he could have acquired it is if his parents applied for it and added him in at the same time, but I've never seen it written anywhere that this ever happened.

It is possible he did become an Australian citizen by using that route, but people just seem to assume he is one just because he lived there for 10 years and that's not necessarily the case. But even if he did, he will still have UK citizenship and would have had it from birth.

Spot on

Something he will never do darling.

Not in my book he wouldn't. Some of them are very good mechs.

2 x World Champion

That's action.

Yep fair play to him. But does sod all for british speedway when he claims to be british..

• Like 1

I think most of us will be happy with who the TeamGB manager chooses. Cookie n Robert?

A World Champion we never see now .... he might as well be riding for Timbuktu!

Yes coz Cookie is the ultimate professional, his attitude at the playoff final was spot on, just ask Freddie lol

• Like 1