British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Newcastle Ch 19/5/17 @ 7.30 Pm

At least with Spud and Jorgensen guesting, we still have a chance of taking points. They do well around Armadale. You just have to grit your teeth with this whole rider priority rubbish and move on. Just look for the positive side.

Edinburgh twitter says Barker guesting and not TJ you couldn't make it up

TJ was the original booking but came down with the flu while riding for Workington last night.

Taken from the Official Newcastle website:

"Notice to all Newcastle Speedway supporters that due to a decision made by the Speedway Control Bureau Manager Mr Neil Vatcher on the afternoon of Thursday 18th May, Steve Worrall will not be appearing for Newcastle at Edinburgh on Friday 19th May."

According to the above, Vatcher made the decision himself.

If the original BSPA agreement had been subsequently overruled by the SCB, can you find it on the SCB website, as I can't.

The Newcastle statement adds:_

"It is believed Mr Vatcher has been in contact with the management of Belle Vue Speedway regarding making his decision but has at no time made any contact with representatives of Newcastle Speedway. "

If this is correct, Vatcher's treatment of Newcastle verges on being arrogantly disrespectful to George English.

So instead of having a sly dig at Alex, make sure you gets facts right in the first place.

6.4 If a Promotion ceases to operate, and/or the SCB order an Annulment, riders on that
Promotion's Retained List shall revert to the BSPA and transfers take place as per Art 6.2.2.
Chris Morton & co.'s license was annulled therefore rider assets reverted to the BSPA. Steve Worrall was a BSPA assett when signed by Newcastle
16. FIXTURES, MATCH AVERAGES and GENERAL
RULES
The authority of the SCB and BSPA extends over all Meetings listed on the Official BSPA produced and
maintained Fixture List. Changes, including Fixture re-stagings must be approved by the BSPA and no
Meeting may be staged unless on the Fixture List.
16.1 Fixtures shall take priority as follows:
FIM SGP, SWC, SGP Qualifying Meetings, FIM U21 World Speedway Championship
Meetings, FIM Europe U21 Championship, British Championships (Senior, Junior), BSPA
Shared and Fee Events, Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship;
3. National Development League.
NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.
A Rider must be released to take part in a higher priority Meeting, unless he is “Doubling Up”, in which
case the priority for a clash of Official Meetings is as follows: -
a) The Original Fixture if there is a clash with a re-arranged Fixture
B) 1 st priority to the owner of the rider
c) 2 nd priority to the previous season club
d) 3 rd priority to the league in which the owner club is a member.
16.1.2 A Transfer during the Season does not change this priority.
"a" doesn't apply.
"b" doesn't apply as he was owned by the BSPA NOT Belle Vue
"c" does. he rode for Newcastle last year. Granted he also rode for Belle Vue but NOT the current Belle Vue Promotion Company.
If Belle Vue re aquired the former assets from BSPA then 16.1.2 applies. For this season he is classed as a BSPA asset. Therefore the rules state he should be at Edinburgh, not what Dictator Vatcher says.
  • Like 3

a wouldn't trust That Thatcher anyway, his eyes are too close together !!!

Fingers crossed the Newcastle select can get a good result tonight .

Its a farce - Edinburgh fans missed out on Craig Cook when Workington visited now they miss out on Lambert and Worrall.

The sport needs a complete shake up

• Like 3

Ummm, so where's Robert?

Ummm, so where's Robert?

U21 World Championship, I do believe. Riding in the Czech Republic.

after Barker went into the side of Summers at Glasgow vs Redcar, Heat 13 should be pretty interesting.

Edited by DiamondGlory

U21 World Championship, I do believe. Riding in the Czech Republic.

He's riding in Sweden tomorrow at Eskiltuna..
  • Like 2

I thought British riders got priority for their British clubs..... That's what I've just been told...

I thought British riders got priority for their British clubs..... That's what I've just been told...

they do.

what a joke.week in week out this sport shoots itself in the foot with absurd rules and regs.in its basic form its four guys going round a track for christi sake.never in all the years that i have been attending speedway matches have i come across such petty, stupid rulings.i know that riders need to earn money but for the sake of the sport, this stupid doubling up ruling needs to be brought to a stop.this never happened back in the great times of the 70,s and 80,s and the reason for my rant is that i have every sympathy for both newcastle and every other team whose promotion and supporters suffer at the hands of these ridiculous governing bodies.i,like every supporter in the country, love my speedway.it is a drug that gets you hooked from day one but is in danger of drowning itself in its own set of crazy rulings.the monarchs diamonds meeting should have been a classic with two full sides, now ruined by petty beurocracy.sorry for the long rant but i, like thousands of others, love the sport that i follow and just get frustrated by all the insane rules and regs.at the conclusion of the season the powers that be have got to take a step back and seriously consider just what is killing our sport.the crowd at sheffield last night did not look as though it was going to be anything special.ok weather may have played a part but this was two teams sitting nicely in the table with two full sides, that alone should say there is a big problem.anyway rant over and good luck to monarchs and diamonds supporters for a good, safe meeting

Totally agree with your thoughts. I dont know all the in's and out's of how the Rob Branford situation at Rye House came about when he had to ride for Sheffield and not Rye on 8th April but I do know that us fans were told that for the rest of the season we had priority over him so I am of the opinion that he should have been riding for us on the 8th April in the first place and not Sheffield.

The governing body with all these bad decisions will be the end of Speedway within the next few years unless they get their act together as they are driving fans away and without us paying through the gates every week there will be no speedway. Perhaps when a rider signs a contract for a team whether it's at the beginning of the season or part way through it should be stated in the contract who has priority over his services then if he is doubling up and there is a clash of meeting the rider himself will be in a position to say yes or no as "it's in my contract that X team has priority over my services and that is where I will be riding".

It may or may not do any good but the BSPA and the SCB both have email addresses perhaps fans who feel strongly about what is going on should tell them, I don't mean a rant and rave email (but I know we all feel wound up about the situation) but an email with positive suggestions and comments in it - will they listen - I don't know but it may be worth a try.

Totally agree with your thoughts. I dont know all the in's and out's of how the Rob Branford situation at Rye House came about when he had to ride for Sheffield and not Rye on 8th April but I do know that us fans were told that for the rest of the season we had priority over him so I am of the opinion that he should have been riding for us on the 8th April in the first place and not Sheffield.

The governing body with all these bad decisions will be the end of Speedway within the next few years unless they get their act together as they are driving fans away and without us paying through the gates every week there will be no speedway. Perhaps when a rider signs a contract for a team whether it's at the beginning of the season or part way through it should be stated in the contract who has priority over his services then if he is doubling up and there is a clash of meeting the rider himself will be in a position to say yes or no as "it's in my contract that X team has priority over my services and that is where I will be riding".

It may or may not do any good but the BSPA and the SCB both have email addresses perhaps fans who feel strongly about what is going on should tell them, I don't mean a rant and rave email (but I know we all feel wound up about the situation) but an email with positive suggestions and comments in it - will they listen - I don't know but it may be worth a try.

well said.i was told that on the day rob branford was stuck at a halfway house not knowing wether he would be riding at rye or for us at workington.complete farse!!! why aunt the rider doubling up situations sorted out before the season starts.an email might work or might not but knowing the antics of these governing bodies i doubt wether they would listen.good luck with the rest of your season hammer 1969

Thanks, with our away form todate we may need some luck