British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

British Final (belle Vue) 19th June 2017

Thank god Schlein didn't win it . that really would be ridiculous , an Aussie gets the British ,British GP wildcard ,

Bit out of touch with modern speedway. Why was Schlein allowed to ride in this meeting?

Bloody hell I have seen younger crowds at crown green bowls matches. Looks like the Saga old fogies yearly jamborie.

Was my view when visiting Belle Vue last week for the league match with Poole. Very few under-40s in the crowd. Doesn't bode well for the sport's future.

As i am away and couldn't watch it- how was it covered by BT. Were messrs Pearson and Tatum off camera and just commentating ? and who else was involved in the programme ?

Racers, BT took up the contract after Sky decided not to show any speedway this year. Pearson and Tatum are freelance and have signed with BT Sport to commentate on their broadcasts, including league meetings and GP's.

Wow!

The bsf troll was all over this well before starman made his spelling mistake and the berk has joined in and now they're both in full swing!

Enjoy!

Probably.

Any thoughts on the meeting??

No??

Thought not.................more fun for you to troll people around the forum.............now run along

• Like 1

Racers, BT took up the contract after Sky decided not to show any speedway this year. Pearson and Tatum are freelance and have signed with BT Sport to commentate on their broadcasts, including league meetings and GP's.

I know that ! that was not what i was asking. Please re-read my post.

Firstly except for myself all younguns go on back straigt. That's where the noise is. All old ppl are in grandstand to sit down. There are alot of kids that go. Helped by chase the ace who's brillaint. Kids love him

1 gate as never been so dominant here so unsure why gate 1 was so dominant late on.

For me the track was to grippy early on. Butnin 30 degree heat the track produced some ok racing (seen better) and there was no dust so kudos to the track staff

Crowd was half decent to. 2/3rds full in grandstamdbso about 1200 in there. Probably another 1000 in South stand. All in all I thought it was a good crowd for a Monday night

Cookie well deserved winner. There was a few teary eyes in the stand. Means alot to us aces fans. Thats the best stevies rode at belle vue this year. Looked really good. Special mention to barker. He was brilliant.

Probably to much of a home track advantage so best of sending it back to wolves

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

I AM quite aware of that, under exceptional circumstances and there were opportunities to put him in. If there is a will there is a way. Lost opportunity to help push forward the career of a bright young talent. Just an opinion.

"Put him in"?????? This is supposed to be a professional sporting competition, not an all-star invitational event

No wonder outsiders don't take speedway very seriously any longer

You suggest that "The British Championship Final", for which there were two qualifying meetings, should be an "opportunity to help push forward the career of a bright young talent"

Shame on you - yes, shame on you as a long-standing mouthpiece of this once great sport

Oh, and not arriving at a meeting due to delays for whatever reason, is not an exceptional circumstance - it's happened before and no doubt will again - it's tough on the rider affected, but you've got to be in it to qualify, so, better luck next time

• Like 1

Craig Cook should have been crowned Champion after heat twenty. 14 hard earned points after five rides, and 3pts clear of his nearest rivals, it's illogical to use the semi final/final system in a one off meeting. It almost gave an Australian the chance to win the title ffs :mad:

• Like 3

BT Sport will not renew next year

Really? Can you post your source to this quite shocking and suprising information? Or are you one of BT Sports decision makers?

As i am away and couldn't watch it- how was it covered by BT. Were messrs Pearson and Tatum off camera and just commentating ? and who else was involved in the programme ?

Kelvin was in front of camera in the pits with the girl who does the GP's, with Steve Brandon also in front of the camera in the pits but in trutch hardly used and a waste.

Nigel Pearce was not seen but with Kelvin in commentary. A good production similar to Sky.

A really decent night a great night for Cook he deserved it the track was so good different lines for everyone to attack.Three incidents that stuck out for me were when Cook was really brutal on S.Worrall.Yet when S. Worrall and Lawson had chances to do the same to Cook they didnt maybe that is difference between winning and losing.?

"Put him in"?????? This is supposed to be a professional sporting competition, not an all-star invitational event

No wonder outsiders don't take speedway very seriously any longer

You suggest that "The British Championship Final", for which there were two qualifying meetings, should be an "opportunity to help push forward the career of a bright young talent"

Shame on you - yes, shame on you as a long-standing mouthpiece of this once great sport

Oh, and not arriving at a meeting due to delays for whatever reason, is not an exceptional circumstance - it's happened before and no doubt will again - it's tough on the rider affected, but you've got to be in it to qualify, so, better luck next time

Totally agree with you.

Didnt do the qualifiers so cant be in the final simple as.......not sure what the argument is to putting him in really.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Craig Cooke on his victory last night. However, I think it's now or never for him at Cardiff this year - he has to step up to the plate and show he can mix it with GP riders. If he can achieve a double figure score at the Principality Stadium next month then he can finally prove he's got what it takes to be a top rider.

Excellent performance from Ben Barker definitely the rider of the night...

• Like 2

Totally agree with you.

Didnt do the qualifiers so cant be in the final simple as.......not sure what the argument is to putting him in really.

Would not be surprised one little bit if Lambert turns his back totally to ANY commitment in GB next year