British Speedway Forum
oldywonkenoldi

Redcar Half Team V Glasgow Strong Team

Didn't work with Garrity !! :mad:

Not the brightest spark to be fair.

No nobody is saying that

The neutrals in attendance that have posted on here have stated that there was plenty of movement at the starts , especially Garrity . You're obviously a Bear's fan and are pointing the finger at the ref . Neutrals don't have their opinion blinded with natural bias towards any team , therefore a more balanced view is expressed .

I'm not doubting you feel the ref had a nightmare , but when you take the Bears goggles off maybe he wasn't as bad as you think .

Jim was probably at Berwick last Saturday night to see Jason gain an advantage at the start in at least 3 of his races (was standing on the first bend for the first 4 heats so unable to say about them).

As long as the tapes are not touched what difference does it make ? The rider makes the choice. With the current rules Ivan Mauger would never have won a world title , neither would Woffy or Nicki P

• Like 3

Bit racist bringing in the fact that the ref is from Glasgow.

To be fair he is no worse than Dishwater , or indeed Ms Horsley & others.

That heat 10 exclusion indicates that both of them need to Visit Specsavers.

As long as the tapes are not touched what difference does it make ? The rider makes the choice. With the current rules Ivan Mauger would never have won a world title , neither would Woffy or Nicki P

Disagree. The cream always rises to the top. When they tightened up on the rules on tape touching (previously you were only excluded for actually breaking the tapes) in the mid-to-late 80s, first at British domestic level and then at FIM level, the same riders were still at the top.

Mauger would have been a multiple World Champion whatever the rules.

All the best

Rob

• Like 5

Where did I say that?

You said if boot was on other foot Redcar would of made sure they got the result out of the meeting .. To me that was you insinuating that Redcar would of ignored Garcia's injuries so they could get a result

Not from Glasgow and anyone in speedway would tell you his name is the GRAND MONARCH

I am reliable informed that he is from Erskine which is part of the Greater Glasgow area near Clydebank so you cannot get much closer

I am reliable informed that he is from Erskine which is part of the Greater Glasgow area near Clydebank so you cannot get much closer

Erskine is in Renfrewshire and Clydebank is in West Dunbartonshire neither in Glasgow and you can get a lot closer.

Not sure what if any the relevance is though.

Erskine is in Renfrewshire and Clydebank is in West Dunbartonshire neither in Glasgow and you can get a lot closer.

Not sure what if any the relevance is though.

Erskine to Glasgow is only 15 miles.Like I said you cannot get much closer. He may get nick named The Great Monarch but he is not from the Edinburgh area he is from the Glasgow area. Should not be refereeing Glasgow meetings home or away. Would not happen in other sports. I am also informed he is the referee coordinator so probably appointed himself

Edited by Sly Fox
  • Like 1

Think this thread as gone as far as it should, stop trying to score points of each other, think the point was that the Grand Monarch is really a Sassanach hater, so that cant be changed, the main thing is that Coty was not badly injured, and Jason has an injury to his hand causing him to miss Premier league meetings, all to play for in the rearranged meeting, when hopefully Redcar have a full team available.

• Like 1

Know it's a bit bad asking this, but I only ask because both riders are ok, but it there a video of the crash somewhere, people talking about it being as bad as it was, and both riders being ok, makes me want to see it

The insinuation, perhaps even declaration by some, that Jim McGregor is in any way pro Glasgow is just laughable.

The dodgy anti Glasgow decisions the Grand Moanarch has perpetrated over the years is certainly much longer than one night in Redcar.

Edited by Joseq7
  • Like 1

The insinuation, perhaps even declaration by some, that Jim McGregor is in any way pro Glasgow is just laughable.

The dodgy anti Glasgow decisions the Grand Moanarch has perpetrated over the years is certainly much longer than one night in Redcar.

Used to be a standing joke in the 2000's when we were at Armadale when the Grand M was refereeing that if he had to put the red lights on, regardless of the cause he would be phoning John Campbell to see which Tiger he wanted excluded. Never harder on any other club. Edited by MD
  • Like 2