British Speedway Forum
oldywonkenoldi

Redcar Half Team V Glasgow Strong Team

To be fair I did hear it was a trainee ref in charge tonight (and indeed it was his exam!) so McGregor could not interfere,

So the trainee ref in charge will now go through his whole career wanting to take all the limelight as the Grand one himself was training him.

Suppose he will need somebody to take over his legacy of strange decisions once he hangs up his BSPA identity card.

So a speedway result is more important to you than a riders health.. Unbelievable

Where did I say that?

So the trainee ref in charge will now go through his whole career wanting to take all the limelight as the Grand one himself was training him.

Suppose he will need somebody to take over his legacy of strange decisions once he hangs up his BSPA identity card.

The Dishcloth has his eye on that.

Something very very fishy with the ref tonight. Strange decision after strange decision, concluded with Lawson putting himself and Coty into and over the fence and Coty been excluded. Just to add I sit in the stand and like to watch what goes on it the pits through binoculars (call me a geek if you want). I was watching Coty and he was certainly shaken up and in discomfort. Add to that the adrenalin calming down and possible shock setting in. The paramedics were seeing to him just before the two minutes sounded then they look him to the ambulance soon after. The announcer (probably told to by the ref) called for all medics to return to their posts, but the Bears staff correctly called for a halt as Coty was in the ambulance been seen to. Glasgow riders and management were smelling a rat, but it was the medical staff who were looking after Coty, put him on a drip (I was told this later) and called for an ambulance. Very unprofessional by Glasgow to think Redcar were playing up. Look at the photos, the crash was terrible.

Edited by cheekycobra
  • Like 1

Apparently, there were 4 air fence panels damaged and only 3 spare panels. So they removed one, from the start of the first turn, to make up the 4th. It would seem, that this did not go down well, with all of the riders. Who then had concerns about the entrance to turn 1. I think shock must have kicked in for Coty. I tell you if it had been me, doing human cannonball impressions, over the fence and just missing the lighting mast, I would have had brown trousers for months.

• Like 1

Something very very fishy with the ref tonight. Strange decision after strange decision, concluded with Lawson putting himself and Coty into and over the fence and Coty been excluded. Just to add I sit in the stand and like to watch what goes on it the pits through binoculars (call me a geek if you want). I was watching Coty and he was certainly shaken up and in discomfort. Add to that the adrenalin calming down and possible shock setting in. The paramedics were seeing to him just before the two minutes sounded then they look him to the ambulance soon after. The announcer (probably told to by the ref) called for all medics to return to their posts, but the Bears staff correctly called for a halt as Coty was in the ambulance been seen to. Glasgow riders and management were smelling a rat, but it was the medical staff who were looking after Coty, put him on a drip (I was told this later) and called for an ambulance. Very unprofessional by Glasgow to think Redcar were playing up. Look at the photos, the crash was terrible.

I wasn't there but I would find it astonishing if any rider would put himself and another rider (who he is very close with) over a safety fence would it not be more sensible to say it was a racing incident.

Or are you blaming Richard because he doesn't ride for your team strange comment to make.

I was guilty off a similar comment about JBA but when i saw the incident from another angle I could see I was wrong , so perhaps you should take stock before laying any blame.

Edited by Gazc

I wasn't there but I would find it astonishing if any rider would put himself and another rider (who he is very close with) over a safety fence would it not be more sensible to say it was a racing incident.

Or are you blaming Richard because he doesn't ride for your team strange comment to make.

I was guilty off a similar comment about JBA but when i saw the incident from another angle I could see I was wrong , so perhaps you should take stock before laying any blame.

Never said it was deliberate, just that the ref strangely excluded Coty. Lawson cut back under Coty and forced him wide, so wide that both riders ran into the fence. It was very similar to the JBA incident, only Lawson pushed Coty the full distance into the fence, so far that he also went in the fence. I cant see where Coty would have been excluded. Just my opinion, but seemed to match the meeting as a whole.

Edited by cheekycobra

Bad refereeing all night, fans moaning on over Garrity being punished for jumping and Coty getting excluded for being practically directed into the fence. I was getting glares for just simply supporting glasgow, its not like I can make decisions. Shocking night.

I thought Lawson was at fault and should have been excluded.

This is different from saying it was a deliberate act of dangerous riding (as JBA was accused of on the Glasgow v Redcar thread).

Not accusing Lawson of "flicking his wheel" or any such thing. It was a racing incident but , in my opinion, Lawson was the cause of the crash.

Edited by Yearbyred

I thought Lawson was at fault and should have been excluded.

This is different from saying it was a deliberate act of dangerous riding (as JBA was accused of on the Glasgow v Redcar thread).

Not accusing Lawson of "flicking his wheel" or any such thing. It was a racing incident but , in my opinion, Lawson was the cause of the crash.

Agreed, my initial thought was Lawson went up the inside of Coty and appeared to straighten up leaving Coty nowhere to go. Nothing malicious but was at fault for me - was stunned to see the blue light on.

• Like 1

Whispers.

"Psst! Coty, it's looking bleak. We're 8 down with 6 heats to go and it's the pivotal Heat 10.

Do you think you could manage to get yourself flung 15 feet over the safety fence and feign the odd injury? Course your going to have to wipe out 4 sections of air fence on the way as well so that we can spend 40 minutes repairing that. There's an extra fiver in your wage packet it you can manage it!"

FFS get real.

I work as a porter at James Cook University Hospital and one of my wards is Ward 36 (TRAUMA) which is where Coty will have spent the night. I'll visit him when I'm on this afternoon and pass on Mr. Dickson's best wishes shall I?

• Like 3

For balance no-one is actually saying it was a "conspiracy" before the race to get the meeting abandoned.

The accusation is that after the 40 minute delay fixing the air fence Coty was getting seen to by the Paramedics.

Any update on how Coty is today?

• Like 1

Seems to have been a dramatic night and hope Fernando OK. However from a Glasgow point of view we lost 4 points through no fault of our own. We have seen matches run in really wet conditions to get to heat 10 and a result. Could heat 10 have been started with an agreement both Glasgow riders have engine failures once the tapes go up. So a 0-0,ten heats complete result stands

• Like 1

The accusation is that after the 40 minute delay fixing the air fence Coty was getting seen to by the Paramedics.

That's not an accusation. It's a statement of fact.

Seems to have been a dramatic night and hope Fernando OK. However from a Glasgow point of view we lost 4 points through no fault of our own. We have seen matches run in really wet conditions to get to heat 10 and a result. Could heat 10 have been started with an agreement both Glasgow riders have engine failures once the tapes go up. So a 0-0,ten heats complete result stands

Heavens the Weej are getting a bit desperate for points are they not?

Perhaps if Lawson hadn't taken Garcia into and over the fence then you would have got them.

• Like 1

Heavens the Weej are getting a bit desperate for points are they not?

Perhaps if Lawson hadn't taken Garcia into and over the fence then you would have got them.

Hardly desperate for points more frustration i would say , but as i said in an earlier post the safety of the riders is the first priority.

Frustrated yes desperate definitely not.

• Like 1