British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Rye House 07/06/17

Still can't really believe this is off. Forecast was for wind to die down and no rain until the wee small hours with a pleasant evening in prospect....and appears to be correct.

Did Buster read the Michael Fish book of Fishy weather forecasts cos this one is sure as hell is lost on me.

If the AFA had been left in a dodgy state after the wind and rain then fair call, but that appears not to be the case.

Lost for words...

If I was sceptical I'd say it's a bit of average manipulation with the next Premiership fixture being away to Somerset on the 16th June.

Riding another home meeting would see the averages increase which we probably don't want.

Knowing Lynn,i'd think not.It has been pretty windy most of the day.Plenty of sun with that wind.Track must of been good,if not a tad dry by 7.30.Wind just a breeze.At best a very premature call off.

• Like 1

I remember in the Premier League days we run a few meetings at the end of October with wind, rain and hail storms battering the track and riders. In fact one night I am sure we had to race off of the green lights because the wind was to strong and we could not get the tapes to stay still.

Definitely no health and safety issues back then either and I always had faith that everything was bolted down and secured as well as could be expected.

If it were Poole,i'd cry rip off.Either Lynn have got ruthless over night or we are missing something

Some people have mentioned average manipulation as the real reason KL found it convenient to use the weather as a reason to call this off. Not sure how that rule works. Last night would've been the sixth home meeting.

Either way you shouldn't be able to call a meeting off without an inspection by an SCB official.

Speedway is losing credibility fast in the UK. This isn't helping.

• Like 2

If Buster is so worried about health and safety, he should think about the amount of stones there are in the material he uses on the track. I was hit in the chest last week sitting at least 5 rows back in the Royal box by a stone the size a a 50 pence piece. Had it hit a young child in the face or eye I hate to think what damage it would cause.

That's very true, I mentioned on here the other week that this season 2 people have been hit with large nuts and bolts one was a little boy and it hit him in the shoulder which knocked him over and left him with a big mark !! I would of thought this was a health and safety matter but this sort of thing seems to be brushed under the carpet until a fatality or a serious injury happens but then it will be too late

• Like 3

As a typical fan, Wednesday is the best day of the week. Everything relates to a Speedway meeting. We count down the days, We check the computer for team changes, we check the weather, Look at the league table to see where them points will place us, Son and Daughter in law come for tea, have quick bite then off to Saddlebow Road... Its regimental. Nothing gets in the way of that routine... Unless the wind blows....

This postponement could have been done so differently. Had there been some doubt about the weather then Weather stations and websites could have been contacted. The fans should have been informed of this doubt. We could have had a time limit to see how the weather was developing, We could have had further updates through the day. But to cancel it so early tells me they didn't want it to run.... Three weather websites I investigated all forecast the same story, and the weather was as it was forecasted .

I was gutted the match was cancelled so early and so easily.. If this was the case, and is proved to be a manipulation of the speedway calender, Then I think Lynn should be fined 6 pts and Rye House awarded a 4pt away win, as a deterrent for this contemptuous attitude... There is no place in the sport for this sort of behaviour....

• Like 2

Maybe they thought they had better cancel it as they don't like to have two meetings on the bounce !! As normally we have a meeting then a break for a week or three then a another meeting #outoftherecomfortzone 😂😂

Edited by lynnboy

Points deduction should be the minimum I think .

The promotion think fans are thick the weather clearly wasn't the reason for the call off all I ask for is honesty towards the paying public. And as I said yesterday even the ones that see Kings Lynn speedway through rose tinted glasses have deserted the club on this one .

• Like 1

Points deduction should be the minimum I think .

The promotion think fans are thick the weather clearly wasn't the reason for the call off all I ask for is honesty towards the paying public. And as I said yesterday even the ones that see Kings Lynn speedway through rose tinted glasses have deserted the club on this one .

At a time when everyone in the sports effort's should be concerned only with Go & Tell of the excitement the sport offers ( when seen at it's best ) this very premature calling off is the last kind of thing that was needed. There will be no points deduction or action of any kind will there? With the Chairman of the BSPA owning KL how can there be? The BSPA is not unlike other odd organisations with complex inner workings and so everyone else there will "understand". Sadly the promotion do seem to think that the fans are thick ( Norfolk born and Norfolk bred etc ) . It will indeed never be spoken of again by them and swept under the carpet that way.

• Like 2

At a time when everyone in the sports effort's should be concerned only with Go & Tell of the excitement the sport offers ( when seen at it's best ) this very premature calling off is the last kind of thing that was needed. There will be no points deduction or action of any kind will there? With the Chairman of the BSPA owning KL how can there be? The BSPA is not unlike other odd organisations with complex inner workings and so everyone else there will "understand". Sadly the promotion do seem to think that the fans are thick ( Norfolk born and Norfolk bred etc ) . It will indeed never be spoken of again by them and swept under the carpet that way.

no there won't be a points deduction or any other penalty though in other more serious sports there would be . Speedway is fast becoming a joke a farce .

Your right yesterday meeting has been swept under the carpet.

• Like 1

There can be little doubt that the King's Lynn management (and the SCB) will be aware of these messages. The opportunity is there for them to respond...

Reading all of these comments this morning has saddened me immensely, I have no idea what is going on at this club and can not believe how far it seems to have disengaged itself from its own loyal supporters.

Whilst Buster has been a safe pair of hands over the past 20 odd years it may be time for him to step back and allow new promoters with fresh enthusiasm and ideas to take it forward.

ps That will definitely not be me before anyone throws that out as an idea

Luckily the fan representation on this site is very small.

KL should take a look at Leicester. As Rye fans we travelled to Leicester on Bank Holiday Monday, the meeting due to start at 2pm actually started at 3pm after extensive track work. Yesterday we we're coming to KL but after the farce that materialised we definitely won't bother with the re-scheduled meeting even if the Sun shines all the previous week. Also its about time the BSPA sorted out its rules etc only the Referee should be able to call off the meeting and I know it won't happen but KL should receive a points deduction and also be fined. The BSPA are killing this sport no wonder fans are voting with their feet and staying away.

• Like 2