British Speedway Forum

Thought this was the month of June Jenga

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 1

mathematicaly being the key word in this debate . if it was still posable the meeting should have been re run.then

just because a football team is bottom of the premier league at christmas , does not mean it will be out of the pl come the end of the season ..

MATHEMATICALY .. anything is posable . i just wonder if glasgow sneak into the playoffs in 4th place by a point . will thatcher vatcher be able tosleep knowing he has boobood in his decision way back in April ?

Like a baby he will sleep.

Get over it you would think you were personally mugged the way you ramble on about everything and anything.

You waffle about everything except your own team.

• Like 2

A number of Redcar fans wrote to Herr.Vatcher for his reasoning etc.

No doubt from his replies the man is a total prat

A number of Redcar fans wrote to Herr.Vatcher for his reasoning etc.

No doubt from his replies the man is a total prat

I quite like him actually don't know why but seems a very decent sort of a bloke.

• Like 2

I quite like him actually don't know why but seems a very decent sort of a bloke.

Just inept at his role.

Jeez, can't you answer straight forward questions?

So much anger, c'mon feel the love, you know you want to xx

Edited by Red Tigerman

Agreed. It sets a very dangerous precedent.

Heat 10 had not been concluded. How long before a meeting is awarded that only takes place over 8 or 7 or even 6 races?

You can argue that Redcar had no riders left in Heat 10. But you could also argue that five 5-1s to Redcar in Heats 11 to 15 and the final score would be 49-42.

There’s a clear cut-off of 10 races. If that’s not reached, then the only other way a result should be awarded is if a team could not be caught over 15 races, not 10 races. For example, if the scoreline was 45-9 after nine races, that could be awarded.

Nothing was settled in the Redcar v Glasgow match. It should be re-run.

All the best

Rob

Rob, in the normal course of events I'd absolutely agree with you, however the significant difference here is that due to Redcar 's operational curfew there was no mathematical prospect of the home side recovering the scoreline.

In the interests of the sport, and in this specific case Glasgow's, are we really suggesting that a team's superiority over the opening 9 heats (should have been 10) should then have been nullified by the tactical gamesmanship of the home camp - in this case the fence was repaired a full 30 mins before curfew as indicated by the referee sounding the 2 minute warning for re-run of heat 10, no concern was raised over the fallen riders (both of whom had been assessed before walking unaided back to the pits and neither of whom were displaying any concerning symptoms or seeking medical attention afterwards) - who was to gain anything by then resorting to questionable tactics to run down the final 30 minutes?

Am NOT having a go at you, just using your post (lucky you!) to make my contribution here.

The more people want to know EXACTLY what happened and why, the less they are likely to hear it. Let's give credit where it is due, the SCB will have been presented with the facts, and that's what they've used to arrive at their - correct in my view - decision. It remains my belief that the Redcar promotion are being entirely disingenuous, for their own face saving reasons, with their own supporters.

Like a baby he will sleep.

Get over it you would think you were personally mugged the way you ramble on about everything and anything.

You waffle about everything except your own team.

Let's see if he attempts to do that this weekend!

• Like 4

Rob, in the normal course of events I'd absolutely agree with you, however the significant difference here is that due to Redcar 's operational curfew there was no mathematical prospect of the home side recovering the scoreline.

In the interests of the sport, and in this specific case Glasgow's, are we really suggesting that a team's superiority over the opening 9 heats (should have been 10) should then have been nullified by the tactical gamesmanship of the home camp - in this case the fence was repaired a full 30 mins before curfew as indicated by the referee sounding the 2 minute warning for re-run of heat 10, no concern was raised over the fallen riders (both of whom had been assessed before walking unaided back to the pits and neither of whom were displaying any concerning symptoms or seeking medical attention afterwards) - who was to gain anything by then resorting to questionable tactics to run down the final 30 minutes?

Am NOT having a go at you, just using your post (lucky you!) to make my contribution here.

The more people want to know EXACTLY what happened and why, the less they are likely to hear it. Let's give credit where it is due, the SCB will have been presented with the facts, and that's what they've used to arrive at their - correct in my view - decision. It remains my belief that the Redcar promotion are being entirely disingenuous, for their own face saving reasons, with their own supporters.

Let's see if he attempts to do that this weekend!

Spot on. I tired to say something similar in an earlier post but this makes it a lot clearer. thanks

I think this subject has been done to death. Let's leave it and look forward to the next meeting and hope that it is a good one with a large crowd , cracking racing and without incidents.

• Like 1

Thought this was the month of June Jenga

have i mucked it up , date wise ? aahhh, see it now . sorrry peeps .. its an age thing ya know ..

sometime the hand is quicker than the brain and the eyes !

Edited by jenga

Kevin Keay again just been on the radio here - and again stating it was the medics who were concerned about Coty's wellbeing. No matter what you may think, the Redcar promotion have no sway over what the medics do. Entirely plausible that Coty felt fine for a short while after the crash - no doubt the adrenaline had kicked in and then after a period of sat around for 30 minutes not doing anything took a turn for the worse.

Anyway, it sounded like Kev has not thrown the towel in and has presented a solicitor with the rule book today so who knows what will happen next. It does sound like he is already considering his future in the sport which would be a massive shame after al lthe good work he has done here in a few short months.

• Like 1

As per the rules of the sport, irrelevant.

Anyway, it sounded like Kev has not thrown the towel in and has presented a solicitor with the rule book today so who knows what will happen next. It does sound like he is already considering his future in the sport which would be a massive shame after al lthe good work he has done here in a few short months.

And so he should, legally the SCB haven't a leg to stand on.

Kevin Keay again just been on the radio here - and again stating it was the medics who were concerned about Coty's wellbeing. No matter what you may think, the Redcar promotion have no sway over what the medics do. Entirely plausible that Coty felt fine for a short while after the crash - no doubt the adrenaline had kicked in and then after a period of sat around for 30 minutes not doing anything took a turn for the worse.

Kevin Keay on BBC Tees,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p053rq7x#play

41 mins in to the programme.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that he is considering his future but it may be down to the frustration of the SCB ruling , wether paying money to a solicitor is the way to go is really his decision , it may well be a case of throwing good money after bad as i can't see the decision being changed again there ball and all that just my thoughts.

• Like 1