British Speedway Forum

I can't see it changing either and agree probably just frustration.

Kevin Keay on BBC Tees,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p053rq7x#play

41 mins in to the programme.

%98 of fans can see this is correct what kevin is saying , but the other %2 cant .

good luck kevin in your quest to get a rerun ... vatcher , you couldnt trust him to lock the door !

Rob, in the normal course of events I'd absolutely agree with you, however the significant difference here is that due to Redcar 's operational curfew there was no mathematical prospect of the home side recovering the scoreline.

In the interests of the sport, and in this specific case Glasgow's, are we really suggesting that a team's superiority over the opening 9 heats (should have been 10) should then have been nullified by the tactical gamesmanship of the home camp - in this case the fence was repaired a full 30 mins before curfew as indicated by the referee sounding the 2 minute warning for re-run of heat 10, no concern was raised over the fallen riders (both of whom had been assessed before walking unaided back to the pits and neither of whom were displaying any concerning symptoms or seeking medical attention afterwards) - who was to gain anything by then resorting to questionable tactics to run down the final 30 minutes?

Am NOT having a go at you, just using your post (lucky you!) to make my contribution here.

The more people want to know EXACTLY what happened and why, the less they are likely to hear it. Let's give credit where it is due, the SCB will have been presented with the facts, and that's what they've used to arrive at their - correct in my view - decision. It remains my belief that the Redcar promotion are being entirely disingenuous, for their own face saving reasons, with their own supporters.

Thanks - always interesting to hear the perspective of the management.

I'm a neutral - if anything I have a slight Glasgow bias between the two teams involved. I just don't like a decision to award a meeting after 9 races - I feel it could set a dangerous precedent.

All the best

Rob

I just don't like a decision to award a meeting after 9 races - I feel it could set a dangerous precedent.

Agree about the precedent set, was my concern a few posts ago too. If precedent applied consistently from now on then in theory over a long period of time what goes around comes around and it all levels out for all clubs. At least in theory. Unfortunately clarity and consistency are in short supply in speedway.

Agree about the precedent set, was my concern a few posts ago too. If precedent applied consistently from now on then in theory over a long period of time what goes around comes around and it all levels out for all clubs. At least in theory. Unfortunately clarity and consistency are in short supply in speedway.

It won't level out as only maybe one meeting every couple of seasons will fall into this category. But what this precedent sets is that a meeting can now be declared after 6 heats, using the logic that a lead can be opened up that cannot be caught within the remaining 4 heats to the end of heat 10. 40% of a meeting doesn't seem like an appropriate point to declare a meeting to me.

It won't level out as only maybe one meeting every couple of seasons will fall into this category. But what this precedent sets is that a meeting can now be declared after 6 heats, using the logic that a lead can be opened up that cannot be caught within the remaining 4 heats to the end of heat 10. 40% of a meeting doesn't seem like an appropriate point to declare a meeting to me.

But what this precedent sets is that a meeting can now be declared after 6 heats, using the logic that a lead can be opened up that cannot be caught within the remaining 4 heats to the end of heat 10.

No it doesn't It sets a precedent that will prevent teams trying to manipulate situations to stop heat 10 being completed before a curfew. if the referee had awarded the race 5-0 to Glasgow or if Glasgow had agreed to send out both riders and that they both would have an engine failure as the tapes went up he would have declared the heat null and void so a 0-0. The curfew would the have come into play with the same result as actually occurred.

• Like 2

No it doesn't It sets a precedent that will prevent teams trying to manipulate situations to stop heat 10 being completed before a curfew. if the referee had awarded the race 5-0 to Glasgow or if Glasgow had agreed to send out both riders and that they both would have an engine failure as the tapes went up he would have declared the heat null and void so a 0-0. The curfew would the have come into play with the same result as actually occurred.

So you are saying that of a meeting is abandoned after 6 heats with the score 30-6 it will be declared no result? Surely the team leading can quote the two previous cases as precedent?

You are wasting your time SharpenRake just let him talk to himself [Just thought why was it just Coty and not Richard as well taken to the ambulance maybe he was not invited by Barker and their team manager ]

• Like 2

The programme from today's abandoned meeting has been sent to Vatcher for filling in to decide the result.

• Like 2

The programme from today's abandoned meeting has been sent to Vatcher for filling in to decide the result.

Good stuff thanks for letting us know.

Looks like a lovely evening in Redcar tonight maybe check the result about 10.15

Fairest solution to this is to deduct Glasgow 50 league points for being a bunch of moaning wealthy prats and deduct Redcar 50 league points for trying to fiddle the curfew/end of meeting.That way we at Berwick might have just a slim chance of not finishing bottom of the league

• Like 6

I don't want it to level out. I don't want results to be declared after 6,7,8 or 9 races full stop.

I don't care who wins or loses because of it. I care that the public don't get shown half a meeting, which is then declared as a 'result'.

All the best

Rob

I'm a neutral.

Two teams separated by 8 points after 9 races with 6 to go.

You can't declare a result in any circumstances.

A result in the list of 24-32 is laughable, undefendable and frankly, a source of some embarrassment.

And if you want to talk about value for money for the paying public I don't know where anyone can start with any credibility.

And to top it all? A 4 point win. Come on, you're having a laugh.

• Like 7

I'm a neutral.

Two teams separated by 8 points after 9 races with 6 to go.

You can't declare a result in any circumstances.

A result in the list of 24-32 is laughable, undefendable and frankly, a source of some embarrassment.

And if you want to talk about value for money for the paying public I don't know where anyone can start with any credibility.

And to top it all? A 4 point win. Come on, you're having a laugh.

Following the postponement of Redcar v Peterborough Mr.Vatcher has called It 50-40 to Redcar with Chris Harris equalling the track record in heat 1.

Is that how he confirmed the Glasgow 4 points ? The rules he exploited was meant for 2 leg matches.

It would be nice for Mr. Chapman to explain this reasoning rather than leave to a man who is clearly a clown,

• Like 1