British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Kings Lynn V Wolves Koc 14th June

but with the club in free fall no one seems to care

Those few words probably sums everything up perfectly....... Never in 50 yrs can I remember such a lame excuse of a meeting that I witnessed last night. I begrudgingly spent good money to watch this shambles, As the wife said I must be mad.

It was prior known Huckenbeck was unavailable, so once Rambo got hurt this meeting should have been called off. Last week, with a full team waiting, we called a meeting off using the excuse of the wind, yet a week later, when we only half hour a team we have to agree to ride. Something seems amiss there...?????? We have known of Rambo injury for some time yet we have heard nothing of a proper replacement . Now Porsing is out as well we are in dire straits. As per usual we go for the cheapest option of using substandard riders, hoping the fans will put up with it.... I am in no doubts we will go to Somerset this week without signing any new replacements... We were on a hiding to nothing before the match had started.., . We stood no chance...

The track offered the home riders no advantage at all. This was the worst Gate and Go track we seen for some time. Everyman and his dog knows Wolves are brilliant gaters. Every race was over by the back straight. Even the high scoring Lindgren had no answer when beaten from the gate. In a couple of race when we did gate in front, we even gifted the points to Wolves by going so wide I thought they were going home. It was a terrible meeting that offered nothing to the fans and gift wrapped Wolves with their easiest win of the season...

At least Holder and Batchelor did try and put some relevance of importance to their riding, and that's was more than can be said for Lambert. His application last night was a joke. He supposed to be the next British hope , but came across anything but.. Missing every gate, he went through the motions but little else. His paltry score of 4 pts equalled that of a reserve not that of a Captain.... He cant use meetings like this to sort out his machinery. He should be lining up confident of beating all-comers.. Last night we needed Lambert scoring 15pts max,, not playing silly games for 3rd positions... Had Lambert done his job and scored as a top rider should, the match would have been much closer.., This match as a contest was over by ht 7. People started leaving at this point, they had seen enough.

This mess has to be sorted. We want Management and Promotions to accept their responsibilities and put on a show worthy of the fans. We want a track that produces good racing, We want riders who want to be part of a successful team and we, the fans, want to be appreciated....

The highlight of the evening for me was welcoming Mike Burnett (Mic Man) back from Australia. Nice to see you man, you look well and have not shed those extra pounds we saw when you were interviewing Darcy. You must be enjoying life out there..

Finally Well done to Wolves, a real professional approach, resulting in an impressive win...... But you never had anything to beat..

• Like 6

I spoke to someone who went last night and he said it was terrible. Only one good race and the rest were won from the gate. Waste of seventeen pounds.

yes gate and go follow the leader track needs sorting .

Great comments from Dale (mr motivator)Allit on last night meeting on the website . If he was my boss I'd think oh well not got a bollockin so he must be happy totally 100% the wrong man in the wrong job .

• Like 3

Our KLSSC member chose Chris Holder as our Rider of the Night and with 2 of our only 5 wins in heats 10 and 13, a good bit of team riding in heat 1, he deserved it, even though he chucked the win away in heat 6! :0

Rider of the night means nothing when you lose at home by such a large margin. In fact if you presented any rider with that award after such a heavy lose he would be embarrassed!

The Stars have effectively been dumped out of the KOC in only the first leg and the best outcome of the meeting for you was the riders coming out unscathed!

I think many other fans will have a different view so you can not blame them for thinking you are somehow trying to put spin out there to try and keep the attention away from the people responsible for this result. Surely the fans deserve better don't they?

• Like 2

Rider of the night means nothing when you lose at home by such a large margin. In fact if you presented any rider with that award after such a heavy lose he would be embarrassed!

The Stars have effectively been dumped out of the KOC in only the first leg and the best outcome of the meeting for you was the riders coming out unscathed!

I think many other fans will have a different view so you can not blame them for thinking you are somehow trying to put spin out there to try and keep the attention away from the people responsible for this result. Surely the fans deserve better don't they?

absolutely correct- I want to see some passion from the team manager and also from the promotion there was a time Buster would have been on the mic telling the fans how embarrassed he was by such a weak performance and how changes will be happening but absolutely zero from Buster - weak comments from the team manager as well - we was c##p . Allit needs replacing as much as certain riders I've watched him in the pits he's not presence in the pit 0 motivation skills and needs to go asap . Porsing and S Lambert need replacing can't wait on there fitness.
  • Like 1

Whilst I regret what Buster is doing to Kings Lynn it's what he does to other teams (or team) and UK speedway as a whole that is most distressing.

We know he's not interested so why not step aside and let the people who want to take the sport forward get on with it.

GWR On one hand you say the track was an out and out gaters paradise and that even the high flying Lindgren could do nothing when he missed it. Yet its Lamberts fault that he could do nothing from the back ( The lad is not known for his gating). The team we have this season, week after week don't look that sharp from the gate so why is Buster lying down a track for them that gives sod all encouragement to the home riders to have a go from the back. I am not surprised riders like Lambert are scoring 4 points at home.

Come on Buster the buck stops with you, not the puppet Allitt or the buffer Lyon. This is your stadium your business.. You have a duty to offer some form of entertainment for 17 notes. This result has been coming for weeks.

For me the blame should not be laid at the riders door. Time for Buster to stand up and admit he is getting it wrong, track wise and offer some kind of solution to what he is going to do to remedy the situation. The facts are we never had a P*** poor track like this on Huggy's watch. The track has got progressively worse over the last few years. Top track man Buster, really ?

• Like 1

Robert blames his set up on why he is having probs passing, apparently he had a new engine and couldn't find a good set up hence he was testing after the meeting too.

Robert blames his set up on why he is having probs passing, apparently he had a new engine and couldn't find a good set up hence he was testing after the meeting too.

Wonderful, and you except that as reasonable.....,.... Did Lindgren have any problems with set up? or Masters, what about Schlein or even Thorssell, No, they came here last night for the first time this year and nailed it... What a pity our riders and management couldn't do the same....,

There is no excuse for such a dreadful performance..... I feel so victimised, We deserve better than this......

• Like 2

Come on Buster the buck stops with you, not the puppet Allitt or the buffer Lyon. This is your stadium your business.. You have a duty to offer some form of entertainment for 17 notes. This result has been coming for weeks.

For me the blame should not be laid at the riders door. Time for Buster to stand up and admit he is getting it wrong, track wise and offer some kind of solution to what he is going to do to remedy the situation. The facts are we never had a P*** poor track like this on Huggy's watch. The track has got progressively worse over the last few years. Top track man Buster, really ?

Sums it up in a nutshell.

Lynn have never been a glory club, Fans have had years of never winning anything but we always had the consolation of seeing cracking racing. Now it seems neither is on offer.

Edited by Star Lady

Great Performance by Wolves whilst acknowledging that King's Lynn were severely depleted by injuries.

All of the Wolves contributed.

I thought Robert Lambert was very disappointing.

Strangely for King's Lynn there was very little passing and with the Wolves riders having their gating boots on it was a field day for them.

It was very interesting to see Chris Louis in the pits helping out Nathan Greaves with set ups and advice on the track - he spent most of the meeting with him.

Wonderful, and you except that as reasonable.....,.... Did Lindgren have any problems with set up? or Masters, what about Schlein or even Thorssell, No, they came here last night for the first time this year and nailed it... What a pity our riders and management couldn't do the same....,

There is no excuse for such a dreadful performance..... I feel so victimised, We deserve better than this......

You speak with real passion and I read with interest your report on a meeting that clearly left the fans short changed.

Taking up the suggestion elsewhere why don't you repackage your two postings here and send them to Buster? In the past he has worked tirelessly to put on a good show. Express your disappointment and who knows, it might have an effect. At the very least he might respond and give his side of this.

King's Lynn is a club with a long history who should be at the top of the sport.

Your posts come across as extremely smug and as if to say "if i was there this wouldnt be happening".

Well pull your finger out and get back involved with the club. Coming on and posting as you are is pathetic to be honest

• Like 2

Pinny, just because JC was once involved in the family business but has now departed for new ventures does not mean he has to stop caring and surely he is entitled to express an opinion on how things have gone downhill since his departure. Must be very sad for him to see the decline.

• Like 1

Your posts come across as extremely smug and as if to say "if i was there this wouldnt be happening".

Well pull your finger out and get back involved with the club. Coming on and posting as you are is pathetic to be honest

it's Buster Lyon and Allit that needs to pull there fingers out - as a fan since the 70s I'm very disillusioned with what's going on at the club things have to change on and off the track or there won't be speedway at Lynn for many more seasons the club is on a very slippery slope and the bit that gets me they don't seem to care one way or the other.
  • Like 1

There is no bigger fan of Robert Lambert and he is only 19 ( but Stars Captain ) but this was not the night to test a new engine against a team going well and renowned as fast trappers. If that is the case as was claimed.