British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Robins Vs Rye House

How do you know that he was going to lose points money? It was fairly obvious to me that that there was a different attitude from our riders once they had a big enough lead. As our averages were dependent on that meeting & crucial for any team rebuilding, what's to say that they weren't paid for the points lost in the team interest. I don't know that there is any audit of the rider's wages.

Are you saying this is the norm riders throwing points away if so it is very worrying.We know the sport is in the rubbish but now with these pathetic rules and averages in place it now is becoming a joke.All i want to see is a 1/7 team do its best and entertain us not fanny about just to make another change when the new averages are out.
  • Like 1

Are you saying this is the norm riders throwing points away if so it is very worrying.We know the sport is in the rubbish but now with these pathetic rules and averages in place it now is becoming a joke.All i want to see is a 1/7 team do its best and entertain us not fanny about just to make another change when the new averages are out.

How long have you been watching speedway ..people dropping points so teams can bring in other riders Has been going on for donkeys years ..but somehow you are amazed and shocked .wake up

How long have you been watching speedway ..people dropping points so teams can bring in other riders Has been going on for donkeys years ..but somehow you are amazed and shocked .wake up

Not shocked at all does it make it right ? it has been going on for donkeys years now it is likely to happen even more than ever now with the rules/ averages in place.By the way have you ever woken up you dumbass.😂 Edited by Sidney the robin

Don't make it right but it happens.The fans can't do sweet *uck all

Edited by Bald Bloke

Classic case was Poole when even Leigh Adams came out & said they were cheating. He recalled riders virtually calling Opposition riders past. There was an outcry & the Speedway Control Board held an "enquiry"! The only people they questioned were Poole riders & management, a bit like a Court Trial where only the defendant was questioned & there was no prosecutor's questions! Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 1

Classic case was Poole when even Leigh Adams came out & said they were cheating. He recalled riders virtually calling Opposition riders past. There was an outcry & the Speedway Control Board held an "enquiry"! The only people they questioned were Poole riders & management, a bit like a Court Trial where only the defendant was questioned & there was no prosecutor's questions!

Reminds me of the "Joe Screen incident" at Blunsdon when he and others in the Poole team were clearly trying not to win.

Reminds me of the "Joe Screen incident" at Blunsdon when he and others in the Poole team were clearly trying not to win.

Didn't Poole have something like 7 "engine failures " that night?

• Like 2

Didn't Poole have something like 7 "engine failures " that night?

You were there too - what a night - and not in a good way!

all teams do it and its sadly part and parcel of the sport and hard to proved and even if did have the prove they are hardly likely to act on it.this is what happens when you have a sport that rewards you for doing poorly .
  • Like 1

You were there too - what a night - and not in a good way!

I was indeed, Leigh Adams was interviewed after the meeting and openly stated how suspicious the Poole antics had been all night with their so called "engine failures".

• Like 2

The problem is, that speedway is a sport where the promoters make the rules. An independent body is needed to oversee fair play, but it will never happen.

Anyone who thinks certain riders don't lose on purpose is deluded.

I heard a story about a PL number one who was looking to reduce his average for the following season. Five "engine failures", but the promoter paid as if it was a maximum.

This was confirmed to me by the gentleman himself a few years later.

• Like 2

What gets forgotten in this situation it's the paying public who are defrauded when and if this happens. It's one of the many reasons why people decide the sport isn't worth the money and why most journalists steer well clear. The fact that people accept is part of the sport is frankly quite chilling.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Diving in football, dodgy betting on horse racing, doping in cycling, team orders in F1, cricket matches thrown in far eastern betting scams, "bloodgate" in rugby .........

i'm sure most journalists steer clear of speedway is because it's run by incompetents who think its still 1956 and act accordingly.

• Like 1